Posted a new avatar so I wouldn't seem so invisible ...

devotion10
devotion10 Member Posts: 623 Member

for a long time I had no picture, then one of our dog, and then one of my painting of the horses, and then ... well, since I have been a bit more vocal of late :) I thought it only fair to reveal a bit more of myself.  I am a very shy person, but I am encouraged by all the wonderful pictures folks have been sharing.

Hoping everyone has a wonderful day and that the board moves forward in postive ways.

Best to all -- Cynthia

Comments

• YoVita
    YoVita Member Posts: 590 Member
    Love the picture

I agree - let's move forward in positive ways

• herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Absolutely love the pic

Especially your beautiful hair, I'm envious, in a good way, my hair it appears is coming in white and I was stressing over it.  After seeing your beautiful head of hair, it is no longer stressing me, I'm looking forward to it now.

love the doggy too, I have three Llasa Apsas, and two cats.

Sinter Marie

• annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member

Absolutely love the pic

Especially your beautiful hair, I'm envious, in a good way, my hair it appears is coming in white and I was stressing over it.  After seeing your beautiful head of hair, it is no longer stressing me, I'm looking forward to it now.

Sinter Marie

That is definitely one gorgeous head of hair...

I'm envious too!  AA

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member

Absolutely love the pic

Sinter Marie

Hair today

Did you lose all of your hair? 

Mine is coming out in huge amounts, I reckon half of it has gone. 

Hopeing that you may get less shy, and we'll see a full on picture of you, beuatiful hair and all. 

• herdizziness
    Trubrit said:

Hair today

Did you lose all of your hair? 

Mine is coming out in huge amounts, I reckon half of it has gone. 

Hopeing that you may get less shy, and we'll see a full on picture of you, beuatiful hair and all. 

Trubit

Devotion's husband is the one with cancer.

• barbebarb
    barbebarb Member Posts: 464

Trubit

Devotion's husband is the one with cancer.

Hair or bare?

Love the pictures and hair comments! Devotion 10 your hair is so thick and pretty! Have so appreciated your post. I am currently on folfiri and going on cycle 4 (started getting hair all over pillows etc., and a dear friend's daughter cut my hair very short preparing for a buzz if more comes out!) Also attended Cancer Societies look good feel good session. They give hair wrap and wig tips and a neat make up kit. It was enjoyable and they had great items. I didn't realize how flammable wigs are and my daughter and I giggled because we recently had near fires in our kitchen. I mentioned that if I wear a wig something is sure to be a potential accident at our house!
    It is liberating having shorter hair. I am loving hair bands. Kind of hides my big scar for (yup) neuro surgery for a brain met. Whatever happens with my leftover hair I'll deal with!

• devotion10
    devotion10 Member Posts: 623 Member
    barbebarb said:

Hair or bare?

Love the pictures and hair comments! Devotion 10 your hair is so thick and pretty! Have so appreciated your post. I am currently on folfiri and going on cycle 4 (started getting hair all over pillows etc., and a dear friend's daughter cut my hair very short preparing for a buzz if more comes out!) Also attended Cancer Societies look good feel good session. They give hair wrap and wig tips and a neat make up kit. It was enjoyable and they had great items. I didn't realize how flammable wigs are and my daughter and I giggled because we recently had near fires in our kitchen. I mentioned that if I wear a wig something is sure to be a potential accident at our house!
    It is liberating having shorter hair. I am loving hair bands. Kind of hides my big scar for (yup) neuro surgery for a brain met. Whatever happens with my leftover hair I'll deal with!

Oh my, I hope posting the "hair" picture isn't insensitive

I did not think about that.  I do thank you all for the kind comments though.  I am one of those "old" ladies (61) with long hair.  Do please forgive me if posting that picture is not sensitive to your temporary hair thinning or loss.  My husband is just now getting his growing back in full force after stopping Irenotecan in December.  It is coming back in as full as ever.  So hang in there it will be back and then you can all just let it grow and join the old lady long hair club with me.  

Hair or bare ... I have always found women without hair to be very interesting.  Even my husband recently commented on how attractive that country western singer Kelly Pickler looked when she shaved her head in honor of her friend.

• barbebarb
    barbebarb Member Posts: 464

I did not think about that.  I do thank you all for the kind comments though.  I am one of those "old" ladies (61) with long hair.  Do please forgive me if posting that picture is not sensitive to your temporary hair thinning or loss.  My husband is just now getting his growing back in full force after stopping Irenotecan in December.  It is coming back in as full as ever.  So hang in there it will be back and then you can all just let it grow and join the old lady long hair club with me.  

Hair or bare ... I have always found women without hair to be very interesting.  Even my husband recently commented on how attractive that country western singer Kelly Pickler looked when she shaved her head in honor of her friend.

Not insensitive
    Didn't take it that way at all!!
    I love your pup, too.
    We had to put our dear sheltie down in Dec., and now have a cat!
    I've been so busy with paperwork and attending yoga I haven't had time to list or share picttures.
    Have to run to ex - husbands birthday dinner...He has been very supportive thru my chemo. I have found so much kindness with many new friends in my support group and those who share here.
    It has helped me tremendously.
    :-)
    Barb
    Gotta run!
  • herdizziness

Oh H@ll no

It was not the least bit insensitive!  As I stated above I was looking at these white hairs that are now coming out of my head (I was strawberry blonde two months ago) and your beautiful head of hair caused me to take on a new perspective, now I'm looking forward to my lighter whiter hair color if it even looks a quarter as beautiful as yours!!

Putting up your picture caused something I was dreading into a JOY for me!!

Winter Marie