and so it returns...The date is set...

KayeKay
KayeKay Member Posts: 122
edited February 2013 in Colorectal Cancer #1

and iys back again. in my liver. again. grrr.  scheduling a lobectomy. o this is  gonna suck! may wake up with a liver pump.

Comments

• YoVita
    YoVita Member Posts: 590 Member
    So sorry

Hoping for the best results for you.

• KayeKay
    YoVita said:

So sorry

Hoping for the best results for you.

thank you!

thank you!

• Brenda Bricco
    Brenda Bricco Member Posts: 579 Member
    So sorry to hear this, I hope

So sorry to hear this, I hope everything goes smoothly.

• annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    I hope it goes well for you!

I've seen a number of people on these forums who have had successful liver surgery and gotten to NED.  Wishing the same for you.  Ann Alexandria

• hippiechicks
    hippiechicks Member Posts: 509 Member
    Wishing you the very best for

Wishing you the very best for your surgery and recovery. 

• Chelsea71
    Chelsea71 Member Posts: 1,169 Member
    Good luck. Sorry it
    Good luck. Sorry it returned.

Chelsea
  • KayeKay
    Chelsea71 said:

Good luck. Sorry it
    Good luck. Sorry it returned.

Chelsea

thank u all soo much! i

thank u all soo much! i really needed that. im so freaking out about this surgery. idk exactly what im gonna wake up to. just the 1 tumor, a liver pump and 70% missing. he said he doesnt know what all hell hhave to do till he gets in there. im scared to death!! :(

• annalexandria
    KayeKay said:

thank u all soo much! i

thank u all soo much! i really needed that. im so freaking out about this surgery. idk exactly what im gonna wake up to. just the 1 tumor, a liver pump and 70% missing. he said he doesnt know what all hell hhave to do till he gets in there. im scared to death!! :(

People with a single liver met...

actually have a very good prognosis.  And I've read that they're getting good results with the liver pump, too, so try to stay strong and hopeful, if you can.  Took me five surgeries to get to NED, as I had multiple recurrences, but I've been there now for 14 months.  May not last forever, of course, but it's a good start and a very reasonable thing to hope for in your case as well!  Keep us posted.  AA

• PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Liver Pump

I've had a liver pump since Sept 2004. It's never been problem for me.

NOT waking up is a bigger issue.

Best of luck to you!

• k44454445
    k44454445 Member Posts: 494
    good luck

with your surgery. praying for you.

hugs

judy

• bigman4christ
    bigman4christ Member Posts: 87
    PhillieG said:

Liver Pump

I've had a liver pump since Sept 2004. It's never been problem for me.

NOT waking up is a bigger issue.

Best of luck to you!

???

Hi PhillieG, what is a liver pump?

• KayeKay
    k44454445 said:

good luck

with your surgery. praying for you.

hugs

judy

i wish i could feel one

i wish i could feel one emotion. im mad, sad, scared, frustrated, anxious. omg i cant handle this...

• annalexandria

???

Hi PhillieG, what is a liver pump?

You could pm him,

BM4C, if you haven't gotten your answer elsewhere.   Phil kind of pops in and out!

• jen2012
    jen2012 Member Posts: 1,607 Member
    KayeKay said:

i wish i could feel one

i wish i could feel one emotion. im mad, sad, scared, frustrated, anxious. omg i cant handle this...

I think those are legitimate

I think those are legitimate emotions to be feeling.  Have you talked to your doc about anxiety meds?  I read on another post that you are really young to be dealing with this - I'm sorry, but try to stay positive.  (don't you hate when people say that?!)    I hope all goes well!

• PatchAdams
    PatchAdams Member Posts: 271
    KayeKay said:

i wish i could feel one

Kaye

Gosh I'm sorry to hear that. You're so young..... 

I think by your profile that you were Stage IV, correct?  Is the new liver met really small?  My liver met appeared over 3 years after Stage III dx and I did not have to have chemo after the resection. They took the whole right side of my liver and it grew back nicely. 

Here are two links we keep passing around about liver mets and great survival stats: 

Arch Surg -- Abstract: Solitary Colorectal Liver Metastasis: Resection Determines Outcome, May 2006, Aloia et al. 141 (5): 460

Two-Stage Resection and Improved Chemotherapy Regimens Lengthen Survival for Patients with Liver Metastases from Colorectal Cancer

• KayeKay

Kaye

Gosh I'm sorry to hear that. You're so young..... 

I think by your profile that you were Stage IV, correct?  Is the new liver met really small?  My liver met appeared over 3 years after Stage III dx and I did not have to have chemo after the resection. They took the whole right side of my liver and it grew back nicely. 

Here are two links we keep passing around about liver mets and great survival stats: 

Arch Surg -- Abstract: Solitary Colorectal Liver Metastasis: Resection Determines Outcome, May 2006, Aloia et al. 141 (5): 460

Two-Stage Resection and Improved Chemotherapy Regimens Lengthen Survival for Patients with Liver Metastases from Colorectal Cancer

yes. stage 4 in 2011. went

yes. stage 4 in 2011. went into remission then it came back exactly 2 years later in the liver. the is 1 definite 2cm malignant tumor. one that he thinks is benign. and tiny little things all over. he said he cant diagnose what those are till he gets in there. he is going to attempt a laprascopic resection of the 2 cm one but if he gets in there and finds more evidenve of disease he will then either remove more of my liver and put in the pump or just put the pump in. i think the part that scares me the most is not knowing what im gonna wake up to. thanks for your guys support. and yes i was only 22 when i was dx and no history of yhis in my family so its nuts!!

• PatchAdams
    KayeKay said:

yes. stage 4 in 2011. went

yes. stage 4 in 2011. went into remission then it came back exactly 2 years later in the liver. the is 1 definite 2cm malignant tumor. one that he thinks is benign. and tiny little things all over. he said he cant diagnose what those are till he gets in there. he is going to attempt a laprascopic resection of the 2 cm one but if he gets in there and finds more evidenve of disease he will then either remove more of my liver and put in the pump or just put the pump in. i think the part that scares me the most is not knowing what im gonna wake up to. thanks for your guys support. and yes i was only 22 when i was dx and no history of yhis in my family so its nuts!!

More info?

So you had a first liver resection in 2011?  Did you have 12 tx's of Folfox at that time, too?  Just trying to think out loud here.

The one tumor that is 2 cm would not be so awful.  The little things all over is concerning, tho.  Let's hope those were 'noise' on the CT scan or something that is absolutely NOTHING.  I think it was Mags who had 7 tumors first surgery and a second resection a year or so later. She's been well for YEARS, now! 

Be sure to update us or have a family member send an email to someone here to let us know how you are. If you aren't insulted by prayers,  I'll gladly pray for you!

Patch

• KayeKay

More info?

So you had a first liver resection in 2011?  Did you have 12 tx's of Folfox at that time, too?  Just trying to think out loud here.

The one tumor that is 2 cm would not be so awful.  The little things all over is concerning, tho.  Let's hope those were 'noise' on the CT scan or something that is absolutely NOTHING.  I think it was Mags who had 7 tumors first surgery and a second resection a year or so later. She's been well for YEARS, now! 

Be sure to update us or have a family member send an email to someone here to let us know how you are. If you aren't insulted by prayers,  I'll gladly pray for you!

Patch

yes 12 treatments of folfox

yes 12 treatments of folfox and a resection. all of this is concerning. trying to contain my sanity is driving me insame lol

• PatchAdams
    KayeKay said:

yes 12 treatments of folfox

yes 12 treatments of folfox and a resection. all of this is concerning. trying to contain my sanity is driving me insame lol

check this out

You can even call and talk with them at Toll free survivor line:  877-937-7478 

http://www.beatlivertumors.org    

• Maxiecat
    Maxiecat Member Posts: 544 Member
    I am so sorry.... Hopefully

I am so sorry.... Hopefully they will get in there and find that it is not as bad as originally thought.

Alex