WTF??

KayeKay
KayeKay Member Posts: 122

ok so just to give everyone a heads up. some creeper contacted me through here by the name miss veronica. totally made it sound like she wanted to be friends and talk about cancer so i replied. then i get some sob story about how she was from zimbabwe. he fatherband mother had been killed. some racy photos wanting my info and so on and so forth. watch out everyone! 

Comments

• tachilders
    tachilders Member Posts: 313
    This forum is open to the

This forum is open to the public, and posts can be found and read using basic search engines.  Don't give out any important personal info on the forum....

Tedd

• KayeKay

This forum is open to the

This forum is open to the public, and posts can be found and read using basic search engines.  Don't give out any important personal info on the forum....

Tedd

oh..

so didnt know that. still the fact that someone would attempt to trick u into believing they were also a cancer patient is unsettling....

• tachilders
    tachilders Member Posts: 313
    KayeKay said:

oh..

so didnt know that. still the fact that someone would attempt to trick u into believing they were also a cancer patient is unsettling....

Agreed.  There are very bad

Agreed.  There are very bad people out there....

• renw
    renw Member Posts: 282 Member
    I can't think of a better

I can't think of a better place to solicit for a prospective wife or a husband for someone wanting to move west from a third world or eastern european country. Short life expectancy and high probability of brisk inherritance. Its sad, quite low but brilliant. :)

• John23
    John23 Member Posts: 2,122 Member
    Uhmmm

You didn't happen to get her phone number, did you?

Tongue Out

Be well!

John

• abrub
    abrub Member Posts: 2,174 Member
    There was a recent article in

There was a recent article in the NY Times on this very thing, and I've seen it elsewhere in this and other forums.  We want to be trusting, but there are some really sick people out there who take advantage of our trust.

• KayeKay
    abrub said:

There was a recent article in

There was a recent article in the NY Times on this very thing, and I've seen it elsewhere in this and other forums.  We want to be trusting, but there are some really sick people out there who take advantage of our trust.

amen..

yes and she also addressed me as "dear sir." and no i did not get her number lol. yes i could see how havong cancer would make us easy targets.