Post-Op

Had the surgery on my rectum yesterday and I'm feeling huge improvements already.  The site of the spasm no longer hurts, in fact the only pain I have now is from wiping after going to the bathroom.  The pain level had been so high for a month that my eyes would water all of the time.  Now it's gone, but still a bit difficult sitting up to type.

Comments

• Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Glad to hear improvement

Dear Doc,

So very glad that you now have some relief from that pain.

Wishing you speedy full recovery.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties

• Brenda Bricco
    Brenda Bricco Member Posts: 579 Member
    I am so glad you are feeling

I am so glad you are feeling better!

GOD bless you. :)

• Chelsea71
    Chelsea71 Member Posts: 1,169 Member
    Very pleased that things are

Very pleased that things are looking up for you.  Hope you have a smooth recovery.

• YoVita
    YoVita Member Posts: 590 Member
    Glad to hear of your improvement

I'm so happy that pain has been reduced.  Rest now.

Best, Vita

• wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member
    YoVita said:

Glad to hear of your improvement

I'm so happy that pain has been reduced.  Rest now.

Best, Vita

Good To Hear

Good to hear of your positive results and minimal pain. Take care.

Luv,

Wolfen

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Excellent news!

I was praying for you yesterday, along with tons of others here. 

Glad to hear that you are already feeling more comfortable. 

may you continue to heal well. 

• annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    So glad to hear the surgery was effective!

Hope this will be your last visit to the hospital for a very long time!  AA

• lilacbrroller
    lilacbrroller Member Posts: 412 Member
    speedy recovery

glad you're feeling better - wishing you a speedy and comfortable recoveryLaughing

• Doc_Hawk
    Doc_Hawk Member Posts: 685
    Update

Thank you all, the prayers and well wishes have helped.  Something not so good happened this afternoon.

During treatment, I usually sleep pretty deeply and today was no exception.  I woke up abruptly, needing to go pee, so I tossed off my blanket and started to get.  Next thing I knew, everything went black and I felt very warm.  I fell over and hit my head on the floor, getting myself a good cut on my right eyebrow.  The nurses rushed over and got me back in the chair.  Considering my weight has dropped down from the mid 170s to the mid 130s in the past month, they didn't have to work too hard.  

Once they got me in the chair, they started asking me questions but I was unable to even speak.  They had the onc come out to examine me and I don't even remember it.  They told me that he said that I could go get stitches if I wanted but it wasn't necessary.  I declined because scars are cool.

I think why it happened is because chemo leaves me very weak and woozy to begin with.  Compound that with a 40 pound weight loss and the associated decrease in energy and a bad fall was bound to happen.  I've got steri-strips on my eyebrow now and will leave them in place for a couple of days and for the most part I'm feeling a bit more steady on my feet.  As a precaution, I'm using two canes when I walk until stability resumes.

Thank you again for all of the prayers and well wishes!

Ray/Doc

• Dyanclark
    Dyanclark Member Posts: 296
    Pain

I have thought about you everyday, so glad your pain is gone.   Sounds like you are pretty weak, hopefully you will be able to eat and gain some weight back.Smile 

Dont try & get up without help until you feel stronger.  Take care we missed you. 

Dyan Clark 

• bigman4christ
    bigman4christ Member Posts: 87
    glad your

feeling better from the surgery!!! Am sorry you had to take a little tumble, but scars are cool :) 

• tachilders
    tachilders Member Posts: 313
    Congrats and I'm sorry???

Congrats and I'm sorry???  Sounds weird to hsve both in the same post, but congrats on the surgery and sorry about your fall.  Speedy recovery hopes sent.

• k44454445
    k44454445 Member Posts: 494
    so glad

the surgery has helped.  sorry you had a fall & it is a good thing you did not get hurt worse. take care!

hugs

judy

• cinreag
    cinreag Member Posts: 154
    Happy to hear that something

Happy to hear that something has worked out in your favor Doc. Hope you get stronger and stronger. Sorry about your fall. Glad it wasnt worse, you certainly didnt need that.

• Brenda Bricco
    Brenda Bricco Member Posts: 579 Member
    Doc_Hawk said:

Update

Thank you all, the prayers and well wishes have helped.  Something not so good happened this afternoon.

During treatment, I usually sleep pretty deeply and today was no exception.  I woke up abruptly, needing to go pee, so I tossed off my blanket and started to get.  Next thing I knew, everything went black and I felt very warm.  I fell over and hit my head on the floor, getting myself a good cut on my right eyebrow.  The nurses rushed over and got me back in the chair.  Considering my weight has dropped down from the mid 170s to the mid 130s in the past month, they didn't have to work too hard.  

Once they got me in the chair, they started asking me questions but I was unable to even speak.  They had the onc come out to examine me and I don't even remember it.  They told me that he said that I could go get stitches if I wanted but it wasn't necessary.  I declined because scars are cool.

I think why it happened is because chemo leaves me very weak and woozy to begin with.  Compound that with a 40 pound weight loss and the associated decrease in energy and a bad fall was bound to happen.  I've got steri-strips on my eyebrow now and will leave them in place for a couple of days and for the most part I'm feeling a bit more steady on my feet.  As a precaution, I'm using two canes when I walk until stability resumes.

Ray/Doc

Sheesh Doc, slow down a

Sheesh Doc, slow down a little! lol  Get better so you can have some excitement other than hitting the floor. Wink

• thxmiker
    thxmiker Member Posts: 1,278 Member
    Doc_Hawk said:

Update

Ray/Doc

We are glad you are not hurt

We are glad you are not hurt bad.  Sending our thoughts and prayers for your health!

Best Always, mike

• BusterBrown
    BusterBrown Member Posts: 221 Member

Good news on your surgery,

Good news on your surgery, Give it some time and things will get better...

Sorry to hear about the head knocker, god gave us hard heads for a reason...

Peace...

Buster

• rogina2336
    rogina2336 Member Posts: 188

Really happy to hear your surgery was a success!! Laughing

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Doc_Hawk said:

Update

Ray/Doc

Show off

A scar on your head, yeah, at least you've now got a scar you can show everyone. 

We've got all these hidden scars that people don't care to see, so now you've got one to show off.

Seriously though, I hope this was a one off fall, and now that you have a few more days behind you, you are feeling stronger. 

• Varmint5
    Varmint5 Member Posts: 384 Member
    Doc_Hawk said:

Update

Ray/Doc

Wow, Doc

That was quite a spill you took. I am so glad your surgery was successful at treating your rectal pain, but didn't expect to read something like this! Thankful it wasn't worse. That's a really big weight loss. If you want I could send you some recipes for high protein, high calorie stuff I made for my daughter when she was having her weight loss issues. I'm so sorry you got hurt and hope you feel better soon.

Sandy