My PET scan results

I kept really busy today because my appointment wasn't until 3:30 and I was preparing myself for the worst.

The doctor came in and told me they have a scale of 1 to 5, 5 being not so great and one being excellent and that I am a solid ONE!!! Yahoo!  I have NED!!!! Absolutely no sign of active disease and the mass in my chest has shrunk by about 1/3 - 1/2.  I am so relieved and excited.   I was so thrilled that I left and got in my car and was out of the parking lot before I realized that I forgot to get my PICC line taken out.  LOL  I wheeled back around and no one had even had time to grab my parking spot which still had time left on it.  Next step, follow up blood work in a couple of months.

Comments

• allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    Great!!!!

Great news! I'm so happy for you. Glad you got your same parking spot  back after fleeing the clinic so quickly! ha!...too funny! Celebrate and enjoy your good news! Smile Best wishes...Sue  (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)

• Aaron
    Aaron Member Posts: 237
    allmost60 said:

Great!!!!

Great news! I'm so happy for you. Glad you got your same parking spot  back after fleeing the clinic so quickly! ha!...too funny! Celebrate and enjoy your good news! Smile Best wishes...Sue  (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)

That's awesome

That's so great to hear Shar, I'm really happy for you! I'm going in for a ct scan this morning and hope to enjoy the same great news. 

• jimwins
    jimwins Member Posts: 2,107
    Yay!!!!

Wondeful news, Shar!  I couldn't help but think about this scene when you mentioned the parking lot:

TAWANDA !!!

Do something nice for yourself but wear a seat belt! Wink.

Jim

• jimwins
    Aaron said:

That's awesome

That's so great to hear Shar, I'm really happy for you! I'm going in for a ct scan this morning and hope to enjoy the same great news. 

Hi Aaron

Good luck today, Aaron!  Would love to hear more great news!

• illead
    illead Member Posts: 884 Member
    Wonderful news

Thank you so much for sharing.  We always love the great news.  Try to have a good week Hee hee!!! 

• anliperez915
    anliperez915 Member Posts: 770
    Awesome news!

Awesome news!!! Like everyone already suggested go out and celebrate! Take care 

Sincerely,

Liz

• Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3
    Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3 Member Posts: 3,803 Member
    Wonderful

It is always a delight when people share good news here.  I did the same thing once with a pic, but got all the way home (about a 20 mile drive). I called the clinic, and they said if I wrapped it carefully and kept it dry, I could come back the next day, which I did. 

Blessings,

max

• ThisisLife
    ThisisLife Member Posts: 101 Member
    Thanks everyone!

Thank you all for the kind words.  It sure does feel like someone just handed me my life back!

Aaron, thinking of you.  I sure hope you got that good news today too!

• Aaron
    Aaron Member Posts: 237

Thanks everyone!

Thank you all for the kind words.  It sure does feel like someone just handed me my life back!

Aaron, thinking of you.  I sure hope you got that good news today too!

I also received the news I

I also received the news I was hoping for. It's a good day

• jimwins
    Aaron said:

More great news :)

That is also wonderful news, Aaron!  Like Shar, do something nice for yourself and celebrate!

Happy dancing for both of you!

Jim

• Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3
    Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3 Member Posts: 3,803 Member
    Aaron said:

Wow

Aaron,

I remember the weeks before your first infusion like it was yesterday morning. Your case was so very similiar to my own.  I am more happy than I can say.

PS: Say hi to Kolbe in the picture, our 70 pound mixed breed. He seems to have some pointer in him (and about 20 other things).

max

• illead
    2 for 2

Shar and Aaron,

Two in one week, a cause for celebration for us all.  We're all doing the dance of joy......many well wishes for you both, Bill & Becky

PS  Hi Kolbe, you're too cute

• ThisisLife
    ThisisLife Member Posts: 101 Member
    Aaron said:

YAHOO!!!

Yahoo!!! That is wonderful news Aaron!  Congratulations! We can do this.

• EngineerMark
    EngineerMark Member Posts: 2
    Congratulations!

Congrats guys! I'm in the beginning Just got diagnosed of hodgkin's lymphoma after lymph node biobsy and waiting the PET scan results so i can start my chemo soon! hope things will be ok. good luck all!

• illead

Congratulations!

Congrats guys! I'm in the beginning Just got diagnosed of hodgkin's lymphoma after lymph node biobsy and waiting the PET scan results so i can start my chemo soon! hope things will be ok. good luck all!

We're here for you

Hi Mark,

We all know what you are going through, whether actually going through it or being caregivers.  Just know that lymphona reacts very well to treatment.  Keep in the loop so we can encourage you on the way.  Please feel free to ask any questions.  You are in our thoughts and prayers.  Bill and Becky

Bill: Mantle Cell Lymp, 1 yr. in remission

• allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member

Congratulations!

Welcome Mark...

Hi Mark,

So sorry you have to be here, but you will find this a great group of people for support and encouragement. Just reach out and we will be here for you. You can click on our pictures and in most cases read about our individual cancer situations on our "about me" page. Hope to keep hearing from you. Best wishes...Sue

(Follicular NHL-grd2-stg3-typA-Dx 6/10-age62)  

• Rice6roni
    Rice6roni Member Posts: 6

Congratulations!

One Day at a Time

Good Luck Mark. It's a process.

Try to keep positive thoughts along the way and take it a day at a time.

Keep distracted like I did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xceKif-HzaA&list=PL75A812F478A7B815

Aggresive Lrg B Cell - NHL - Stg 3 survivor - 2 yrs 2 Months post transplant - just received another all-clear PET/CT-scan. 

• EngineerMark
    EngineerMark Member Posts: 2
    Thanx everybody! you guys are

Thanx everybody! you guys are amazing community here. just got my my chemo port planted today hope everything goes well and i hope to kick this disease **** and then go back home to my family that i haven't seen them since 2008.