CA125 went up all else is good, should I be worried?

Comments

• debrajo
    debrajo Member Posts: 1,095 Member
    norma2 said:

Norah

Your kind words helped a lot.  I am not good at waiting for anything.  As old as I am you would think I would be able to wait.  Focus on the positive.  And there is a lot of positive to focus on.  I am 3 yrs past treatment with no detectable cancer.  That is good and I am going to dwell on that.  My doctor is one of the top doctors in the country and I am blessed to go to MD Anderson in Houston.  I have to put my trust in that.  Dr. Levenbach is not usually one to be overly optomistic.  In the beginning he was a downer.  This last visit (prior to the results of the CA 125) he was very optomistic.  Said I was doing great.  I am going to just let that make me at ease. 

The comments from all the ladies here have made me feel so much better.  Makes this journey so much easier to have you.  Pray for you guys everyday.

I am soooo glad you are going

I am soooo glad you are going back to get the check ups done!  Waiting is the biggest stresser we have and we just don't need any more.  You know where I am and how to reach me.  If you need transportation AT ANY TIME I am here.  Will be praying that this is the only trip you have to make for the next six months!  Love, Debra

• laura25
    laura25 Member Posts: 180 Member
    norma2 said:

Norah

Your kind words helped a lot.  I am not good at waiting for anything.  As old as I am you would think I would be able to wait.  Focus on the positive.  And there is a lot of positive to focus on.  I am 3 yrs past treatment with no detectable cancer.  That is good and I am going to dwell on that.  My doctor is one of the top doctors in the country and I am blessed to go to MD Anderson in Houston.  I have to put my trust in that.  Dr. Levenbach is not usually one to be overly optomistic.  In the beginning he was a downer.  This last visit (prior to the results of the CA 125) he was very optomistic.  Said I was doing great.  I am going to just let that make me at ease. 

The comments from all the ladies here have made me feel so much better.  Makes this journey so much easier to have you.  Pray for you guys everyday.

Norma

Hi Norma,  Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you.  I go for my PET scan on 2/7, my knees are starting to shake.    Sounds like you are in great hands, I will keep you in my prayers. 

-Laura

• norma2
    norma2 Member Posts: 479
    debrajo said:

I am soooo glad you are going

I am soooo glad you are going back to get the check ups done!  Waiting is the biggest stresser we have and we just don't need any more.  You know where I am and how to reach me.  If you need transportation AT ANY TIME I am here.  Will be praying that this is the only trip you have to make for the next six months!  Love, Debra

my computer is fried

i am typing this on my phone....screen is so small...how do these kids send messges....laura.jazzy nd debrajo...love you guys.i am coping.  ifeel great except for ...having computer withdrals...laura...praying for your pet scan...i cant read what i typed...too small...will say more later...love you ladies

• Ro10
    Ro10 Member Posts: 1,561 Member
    norma2 said:

my computer is fried

i am typing this on my phone....screen is so small...how do these kids send messges....laura.jazzy nd debrajo...love you guys.i am coping.  ifeel great except for ...having computer withdrals...laura...praying for your pet scan...i cant read what i typed...too small...will say more later...love you ladies

Norma thinking of you

Hope you are going to get good results from your tests on Feb 1.  May you have many more years of NED.  Enjoy each day.  In peace and caring.   

• Ro10
    laura25 said:

Norma

Hi Norma,  Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you.  I go for my PET scan on 2/7, my knees are starting to shake.    Sounds like you are in great hands, I will keep you in my prayers. 

-Laura

Laura thinking of you, too

Wishing you good results on your PET scan on Feb7.  Hope you can have worry free time until you have something to worry about.  I know that is easier said than done.  Do something fun to divert your attention.  In peace and caring.

• nempark
    nempark Member Posts: 681
    laura25 said:

Norma

-Laura

Laura

Laura, we all know what the waiting game is like.  Please do your best to keep calm.  I know ----easier said than done.

• nempark
    nempark Member Posts: 681
    Norma

Just to let you know I am thinking of you and wishing you good health and happiness.  Boy, do I know how much you are worring?  When my daughter was in hospital, I had a cat scan and the Doc's office was just around the corner from her room on the same floor and I never went for the results.  I did not want to know.  It turned out normal. (I went for the results after she passed)  Funny the ca 125 is not a marker for me.  My Doc never checks it.  

• HellieC
    HellieC Member Posts: 524 Member
    norma2 said:

Looks like I won't have to wait....

Dr Levenbach's office called me yesterday to schedule a CT Scan, X-rays, and bloodwork for Friday Feb 1.  He saw the CA 125 and scheduled the tests.  I am afraid but also comforted by the fact I have one of the top doctors in the country at one of the best hospitals in the world.  Going to put on my big girl panties and quit whining.  I will pray this is a false alarm and hope the rise is just a fluke. 

Everything in my life is going so well right now.  I had put the cancer way back in my mind.  Now it is here again rearing it's head.  You gals who are battling it are so very brave.  I am always uplifted by the posts of those who keep up their courage.  You are my heros.  I am going to fight this thing.  I have way too much to live for right now.

I have had 3 wonderful years of NED.  For which I consider myself extremely lucky by God's grace.  I feel great.  No symptoms.  Just a 20 poing rise in the CA 125 from 40 which it has been for over a year to 62 points. 

Will have to wait.  Like you said Jazzy WAIT is a four lettered word.  hahaha....wait and pray.  PRAY is also a four lettered word.  Going to do a lot of that....praying for all of you too....

So pleased you are being followed up

So pleased you are being followed up.  Sounds like you have a really good gyn/onc who's not taking any chances.  I know how you must be feeling (I'm on my third recurrence, so I've been "through the loop" of tests etc several times!).  It's hard when you are so far down the path of NED to have to think about cancer again, but I hope and pray that this is just a false alarm and the CA 125 is raised for some other reason.

Thinking of you
    Helen

• Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    nempark said:

Norma

Just to let you know I am thinking of you and wishing you good health and happiness.  Boy, do I know how much you are worring?  When my daughter was in hospital, I had a cat scan and the Doc's office was just around the corner from her room on the same floor and I never went for the results.  I did not want to know.  It turned out normal. (I went for the results after she passed)  Funny the ca 125 is not a marker for me.  My Doc never checks it.  

I hope Feb 1 goes great

and both the CA125 and PET are ok.  I'm glad your onc is checking into the rise in you CA125 and hope the results will put your (and our) minds at ease.

Sending hugs and prayers.  Get your computer fixed!

Suzanne

• norma2
    THANK YOU!!! SO VERY MUCH LADIES

I finally on a computer whose screen I can read.  My laptop is in the shop.  Of all times for the thing to break down...

I can't begin to thank you ladies enough for your support.  It means the world to me and has given me great comfort. {{{ DebraJo, Claudia, Connie, Jan, Helene, Laura, Nempark, Norah, Suzanne, RO, Trisha}}}}....hugs to you for your wonderful comments. 

I am going to go into this with a spirit of adventure and hope like I did on the beginning of this journey. CT Scan is on Friday...with chest-xray and blood work.  I will concentrate on the positive.  I have been NED for 3 years....I feel wonderful.  Am in good health except for the pesky 3 years ago.  I can touch my toes. 

When I wake up in the night I count my blessings and thank God for these wonderful years.  I ask for grace and know that God heals us in all ways.  I firmly believe everything happens for a reason. 

As a little girl (if i have told this story before forgive me, I am old and repeat myself) I did embroidery.  The front shows all the beautiful stitckes and picture.  The back looks knarly and has knots and no discernable patter.  I think life is like that.  We don't see the beautiful picture quite yet.  Just the back.  One day we will see the picture and understand.  That is my story and I am sticking to it....

TODAY IS MY 63rd birthday!!!!  Made it this far...and hope for more to come....

My thanks and prayers to you ladies....love you!!!

• jazzy1
    jazzy1 Member Posts: 1,379
    norma2 said:

I finally on a computer whose screen I can read.  My laptop is in the shop.  Of all times for the thing to break down...

I can't begin to thank you ladies enough for your support.  It means the world to me and has given me great comfort. {{{ DebraJo, Claudia, Connie, Jan, Helene, Laura, Nempark, Norah, Suzanne, RO, Trisha}}}}....hugs to you for your wonderful comments. 

I am going to go into this with a spirit of adventure and hope like I did on the beginning of this journey. CT Scan is on Friday...with chest-xray and blood work.  I will concentrate on the positive.  I have been NED for 3 years....I feel wonderful.  Am in good health except for the pesky 3 years ago.  I can touch my toes. 

When I wake up in the night I count my blessings and thank God for these wonderful years.  I ask for grace and know that God heals us in all ways.  I firmly believe everything happens for a reason. 

As a little girl (if i have told this story before forgive me, I am old and repeat myself) I did embroidery.  The front shows all the beautiful stitckes and picture.  The back looks knarly and has knots and no discernable patter.  I think life is like that.  We don't see the beautiful picture quite yet.  Just the back.  One day we will see the picture and understand.  That is my story and I am sticking to it....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NORMA!!

You look simply marvelous!!!  I love your strong and positive attitude.  Remember, our minds have such a strong control over our bodies and I know and feel it in my bones, you'll have good results that we're praying for daily.  

Enjoy this special day...let others pamper you as IT'S NORMAS BIRTHDAY!!!

Keep us posted on all your results and tell your docs you expect nothing but great news!!!!!Kiss

Jan

• NorahS
    NorahS Member Posts: 92
    jazzy1 said:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NORMA!!

You look simply marvelous!!!  I love your strong and positive attitude.  Remember, our minds have such a strong control over our bodies and I know and feel it in my bones, you'll have good results that we're praying for daily.  

Keep us posted on all your results and tell your docs you expect nothing but great news!!!!!Kiss

Jan

Happy Birthday Norma!

I must say....63 looks very good on you!  Cool

• norma2
    jazzy1 said:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NORMA!!

Jan

(No subject)

Kiss

• norma2
    NorahS said:

Happy Birthday Norma!

I must say....63 looks very good on you!  Cool

THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!

Kiss

• laura25
    laura25 Member Posts: 180 Member
    norma2 said:

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Wishing you a VERY Happy Birthday.... ENJOY YOURSELF!!!!! 

• Ro10
    laura25 said:

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Wishing you a VERY Happy Birthday.... ENJOY YOURSELF!!!!! 

Happy Birthday Norma

May you be blessed with many more.  Again wishing you good results from your upcoming tests.   In peace and caring.

• Sisters three
    Sisters three Member Posts: 165 Member
    Ro10 said:

Happy Birthday Norma

May you be blessed with many more.  Again wishing you good results from your upcoming tests.   In peace and caring.

Enjoy your birthday!

I hope you are eating out!!!!!!!!

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,677 Member

Enjoy your birthday!

I hope you are eating out!!!!!!!!

Happy birthday

Hope you are enjoying every minute and will have even more to celebrate in a few days.  Good luck.

• debrajo
    debrajo Member Posts: 1,095 Member
    norma2 said:

Happy Birthday!  You are just

Happy Birthday!  You are just ahead of me(61 in Dec.) and I hope you stay ahead of me for the next 30 years!  Every thing is going to be alright....I have an inside track to the Good Lord!  Love, debra

• HellieC
    HellieC Member Posts: 524 Member
    norma2 said:

I love the embroidery allegory

Happy Birthday, Norma.  Love the embroidery allegory - never thought of life like that, but it so vivid in my mind now!

Fingers crossed that scans are clear and you continue to dance with NED.

Helen