RIP Rob in Van

Kathryn_in_MN
Kathryn_in_MN Member Posts: 1,252 Member

My heart hurts tonight.  Rob passed today.  He was a wonderful friend and a good mentor to me as I came to terms with my stage IV dx.  He was a minister, and a very wise man.  He posted here a lot until a few years back.  We stayed in touch.  He didn't let anything stop him, and even was aggressive having extensive surgery for sarcal mets, so he could be around for his daughter's wedding.  He did that and more, getting to know his first grandchild!  Our closing to each other was always "I wish you well enough" as we both knew that life was never going to be simple again for either of us. RIP Rob. You were an incredible man, and a wonderful friend.  You have more than earned your "well enough" and then some. 

Comments

• k44454445
    k44454445 Member Posts: 494
    sorry

for your loss. you were very lucky to have known him.

hugs

judy

• thxmiker
    thxmiker Member Posts: 1,278 Member
    We are sending our thoughts

We are sending our thoughts and prayers to you and your family.  Losing another friend here is always a sad day. 

Best Always, mike 

• ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    Thanks for letting us know Kath

I liked Rob ,I'm sorry to hear of his passing.My deepest sympathy to his family and friends,Hugs Ron.

• Sonia32
    Sonia32 Member Posts: 1,071 Member
    can't believe he has gone rip..:-(:-(
  • richls
    richls Member Posts: 54
    I am sorry for your loss. He

I am sorry for your loss. He sounds like a good man. I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

• jen2012
    jen2012 Member Posts: 1,607 Member
    Im sorry to hear this...i
    Im sorry to hear this...i remember coming across some of his posts while searching here and have read his blog. He sounded like a good guy. Glad he got some extra time with his family.
  • wawaju04976
    wawaju04976 Member Posts: 316 Member
    jen2012 said:

Im sorry to hear this...i
    Im sorry to hear this...i remember coming across some of his posts while searching here and have read his blog. He sounded like a good guy. Glad he got some extra time with his family.

Very sorry for your loss. I

Very sorry for your loss. I am glad he got to meet his grandchild!!!

Judy

• PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Rob

Thanks for letting us know, he will certainly be missed...
    -p

• maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    Rob

oh I am so so sorry to hear this news.  Rob was indeed a wonderful guy.  He was always wise and kind. 

maggie

• Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    !!@#%

Kept checking his blog and saw no new updates...knew from that, that he was in a tough hole. 

I appreciate you and Patteee relaying that msg a few months back...Rob actually did leave me an email on my YouTube stuff for the DP show...it was short, so I knew he was hurting...but it felt so good to hear from him again.

Rob taught me many things...another one of my friends too, K, now gone...so many from the time I joined. 

This one really hurts.

He fought with valor and was a real example of inspiration. ...and wish we could have talked one time.

A good man...a gentle soul...I'm gonna miss him.

Love you, Rob!

-Craig

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Sorry

So sorry to hear that.  He was such a great guy and was there for everyone.  He had gone through a lot and kept fighting for more time.  I'm glad that his journey is over and he is home where he belongs.  May his family be comforted in the knowledge that God is with them and that were so fortunate to have him in their lives.

Kim

• Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Sad news

It is sad to hear that Rob has passed.  He fought hard and long for every minute and kept his faith and humor.

Like others I had been checking his blog for updtaes, hoping that things were better for him.

Sending prayers for his family and those who loved him.

Marie who loves kitties

• johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member

Sad news

It is sad to hear that Rob has passed.  He fought hard and long for every minute and kept his faith and humor.

Like others I had been checking his blog for updtaes, hoping that things were better for him.

Sending prayers for his family and those who loved him.

Marie who loves kitties

thanks for

letting us know this sad news.i remember him from my originaldx in 2008 and always felt he was a strong person and a true fighter.RIP dear friend and i know our paths will meet again someday....Godbless...johnnybegood

• pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member

thanks for

letting us know this sad news.i remember him from my originaldx in 2008 and always felt he was a strong person and a true fighter.RIP dear friend and i know our paths will meet again someday....Godbless...johnnybegood

Feel so sorry he was a real fighter !
    Tanks for keeping us informed Kath.
  • dmj101
    dmj101 Member Posts: 527 Member
    Always a sad day we loose one

Always a sad day we loose one of us.... I am sorry I didn't know Rob... He sounds like a fighter. ... A fighter who fought with strength and courage.

May we all live to accomplish what we need.....  I am sure you are pained horribly by this ... my condolences..

Love you all...

Donna

• Aud
    Aud Member Posts: 479 Member
    thank you, Kathy, for letting us know...

...I am sorry to hear of Rob's passing.  A good man.  Holding his family in the Light for comfort.

• Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Rob

Rob was indeed a wonderful. loving, caring, very intelligent man.  My prayers are with his beautiful family.  I can only imagine how they will miss him.  Such a blessing to all of us.

Aloha,

Kathleen

• karguy
    karguy Member Posts: 1,020 Member

Rob

Rob was indeed a wonderful. loving, caring, very intelligent man.  My prayers are with his beautiful family.  I can only imagine how they will miss him.  Such a blessing to all of us.

Aloha,

Kathleen

RIP ROB in van

I am very,very sorry to hear the bad news.May he rest in peace.

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    I picture Rob standing on the point in the harbor...

He was during 'my time'....and I mentioned my beau and I were booked on a cruise in Alaska, starting in Vancouver.

Rob asked the detail dates, and said "I many times stand at the point of land with a full view of the harbor where the cruise ships leave from.  I will be there on the day you leave, waving and wishing you a safe journey!"

Rob now stands forever on that point, wishing me a safe journey.....I will miss you, gentle soul and dear friend...

Hugs, Kathi

• Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    KathiM said:

I picture Rob standing on the point in the harbor...

He was during 'my time'....and I mentioned my beau and I were booked on a cruise in Alaska, starting in Vancouver.

Rob asked the detail dates, and said "I many times stand at the point of land with a full view of the harbor where the cruise ships leave from.  I will be there on the day you leave, waving and wishing you a safe journey!"

Rob now stands forever on that point, wishing me a safe journey.....I will miss you, gentle soul and dear friend...

Hugs, Kathi

Major bummer. Very sad!  

Major bummer. Very sad!