My Beloved Wife is Gone

2»

Comments

• prince99
    prince99 Member Posts: 1
    I lost my wife who was just 33 yrs
    My wife was just 33 yrs when she left me. She was diagnosed with Anaplastic Astrocytoma Grade III in 2007. But it got operated and she was fully recovered... But this year.. it got recurred again.. and spread faster before we could do anything (rather.. god did not allow us to do anything as if she was destined to go) She left us this 16th. Our kids are just 9 yrs and 6 yrs.. I do not know what to do... she was my everything.. God has snatched her from me... killing all the happiness...
  • grandmafay
    grandmafay Member Posts: 1,633 Member
    prince99 said:

My wife was just 33 yrs when she left me. She was diagnosed with Anaplastic Astrocytoma Grade III in 2007. But it got operated and she was fully recovered... But this year.. it got recurred again.. and spread faster before we could do anything (rather.. god did not allow us to do anything as if she was destined to go) She left us this 16th. Our kids are just 9 yrs and 6 yrs.. I do not know what to do... she was my everything.. God has snatched her from me... killing all the happiness...

So Sorry
    I am so sorry. I know words don't help, but I want you to know that I'm thinking of you and your children. Right now all you can do is take each day, hour, or minute at a time and put one foot in front of the other. Please consider a grief group or counseling. Hospice and/or the American Cancer Society and help you find a group. Those first few weeks are hard. Time has helped me. I hope it will help you, too. Your children may also need some support. I know there are some good programs out there,for children who have lost a parent to cancer. I hope you have some support. Don't be afraid to ask for help. Prayers and hugs, Fay
  • higain
    higain Member Posts: 1
    prince99 said:

My Soulmate of 30 yrs
    I feel your pain, its all to real. Mine just passed on 12/13/12 from Lung Cancer, after being diagnosed just in Sept, her tumors actually grew thru 5 weeks of Chemo & Radiation. I'm still numb but afraid the worst is yet to come as reality begins to set in. We spent almost all our time everyday together for years and she was the love of my life and very best friend. How do we do it? I guess simply keep taking breaths because there is no other choice. I miss her so so much.
  • grandmafay
    higain said:

My Soulmate of 30 yrs
    I feel your pain, its all to real. Mine just passed on 12/13/12 from Lung Cancer, after being diagnosed just in Sept, her tumors actually grew thru 5 weeks of Chemo & Radiation. I'm still numb but afraid the worst is yet to come as reality begins to set in. We spent almost all our time everyday together for years and she was the love of my life and very best friend. How do we do it? I guess simply keep taking breaths because there is no other choice. I miss her so so much.

Sorry
    I am so very sorry for your loss. I forget this board at times and it doesn't get much traffic. So, I am also sorry that I didn't answer you sooner. I know words,don't help, but I remember coming here those first few days after my husband died. Knowing that there were people here who understood what I was going through did help. I remember reading posts through my tears. It was an important part of my grieving process. I hope you also find some comfort here. Right now just concentrate on taking care of yourself now. Each of us finds our own way in our own time. I can offer that three years out I am doing better. I still miss him each and every day, but my grief has mellowed. He will always be a part of me. I wouldn't want it any other way. The Grief and Bereavement board here gets more traffic and you will find others dealing with loss. You might also want to check the dates. Older posts get fewer amswers. Again, I am sorry for your loss. I know that is probably a phrase you hate because you have heard it way too many times. I haven't found a better one, though. Take care, Fay
  • GeorgeJungle
    GeorgeJungle Member Posts: 2

I'm new here, wife has stage 4 breast cancer, it's spread to limp nodes and possible thyroid. We're just getting started, my heart goes out to all who has loss a loved one, ours lives has been turned upside down and sideways. I just felt a need to introduce myself and say a 1000 things but just cannot.....I'm loss ......

• GeorgeJungle
    GeorgeJungle Member Posts: 2
    higain said:

My Soulmate of 30 yrs

????

you and your family are in my prayers

• grandmafay

I'm new here, wife has stage 4 breast cancer, it's spread to limp nodes and possible thyroid. We're just getting started, my heart goes out to all who has loss a loved one, ours lives has been turned upside down and sideways. I just felt a need to introduce myself and say a 1000 things but just cannot.....I'm loss ......

Thinking about You

I am sorry that you are now in the club none of us wanted to be a part of. Those first few days, weeks and months as you try to wrap your head around your loved one's dx cancer are hard. I hope you have lots of support. These boards are very helpful. I wish I had found them earlier in our fight. Right now I am sure that you are both a little scared. That's pretty normal.  Coming here helps us see that others share many of our feelings and frustrations. it isn't that misery loves company. It is just nice to know that we are not alone. One hint is to check the dates on the posts. Some of the posters no longer post so you get fewer responses to those. I highly recommend the caregivers board. There are more newbies there, too. Take care. Cancer is a family affair. Fay

• jy
    jy Member Posts: 2
    For Widowed Fathers

I am so sorry to hear of the losses expressed on this discussion board.  I did want to pass along a new online resource for those fathers whose spouses have died from cancer and who are raising children in the home: http://singlefathersduetocancer.org  If this fits your situation, I welcome you to visit the site, particularly a series of short videos we just uploaded featuring fathers from our support group.

I hope you find our website helpful and I wish you all the best moving forward.