Roll Call

debrajo
debrajo Member Posts: 1,095 Member
They are doing a roll call over on the Ovarian board....maybe we could do the same? Take a look at their board and see what you think. Best, Debrajo

Comments

• LizGrrr
    LizGrrr Member Posts: 127 Member
    Upsc!
    UPSC stage 1a diagnosed 10/20/11
    Surgery 11/7/11 - removed ovaries, tubes, cervix, cuff, 22 lymph nodes, omentum + pelvic wash (cancer was discovered after 10/17/11 hysterectomy)
    3 round carboplatin/taxol, 25 external rads over 5+ weeks, 3 more rounds of carbo/taxol
    Last treatment 6/5/12
    Last checkup - yesterday!

Feeling great, but had PTSD flashbacks the week of cancerversary, still have low magnesium and some joint pain and chemo brain. Doc says the first 2 years are the riskiest in terms of recurrence. Most days I feel 'safe' but others its like waiting for the other shoe to drop. Loving having short hair, but missing the days of not having to shave my legs.

Liz in Dallas, who would have gone nuts without this board
  • debrajo
    debrajo Member Posts: 1,095 Member
    LizGrrr said:

Upsc!
    UPSC stage 1a diagnosed 10/20/11
    Surgery 11/7/11 - removed ovaries, tubes, cervix, cuff, 22 lymph nodes, omentum + pelvic wash (cancer was discovered after 10/17/11 hysterectomy)
    3 round carboplatin/taxol, 25 external rads over 5+ weeks, 3 more rounds of carbo/taxol
    Last treatment 6/5/12
    Last checkup - yesterday!

Feeling great, but had PTSD flashbacks the week of cancerversary, still have low magnesium and some joint pain and chemo brain. Doc says the first 2 years are the riskiest in terms of recurrence. Most days I feel 'safe' but others its like waiting for the other shoe to drop. Loving having short hair, but missing the days of not having to shave my legs.

Liz in Dallas, who would have gone nuts without this board

UPSC
    Name-Debra(Jo)Phillips
    Age-this month 61, 57 at dx
    Diagnosed- July 26, 2009
    Open-heart surgery first, Sept.29,2009,then e-coli blood infection Oct.8. 2009, Radical Hysterectomy Dec.3, 2009 Everything removed but nodes
    UPSC 1a,grade c poorly differentiated
    Five rounds of internal radiation
    Six rounds of Taxol/Carboplatin
    NED since May 8, 2010
    Lives in- Vidor, Texas

Did go nuts...this board brought me back! Mostly!!!
  • TAyers
    TAyers Member Posts: 86 Member
    debrajo said:

UPSC
    Name-Debra(Jo)Phillips
    Age-this month 61, 57 at dx
    Diagnosed- July 26, 2009
    Open-heart surgery first, Sept.29,2009,then e-coli blood infection Oct.8. 2009, Radical Hysterectomy Dec.3, 2009 Everything removed but nodes
    UPSC 1a,grade c poorly differentiated
    Five rounds of internal radiation
    Six rounds of Taxol/Carboplatin
    NED since May 8, 2010
    Lives in- Vidor, Texas

Did go nuts...this board brought me back! Mostly!!!

UPSC GRADE3 STAGE 3C- ONLY 45 WHEN DIAGNOSED
    Name- Tami Ayers
    Age 46
    Diagnosed-May 18 2012
    Surgery- UPMC Passavant Hospital; Dr. Comerci, June 4,2012 Total radical hysterectomy, only vaginal cuff left.
    tumor in uterus, fallopian tubes,and 3 out of 21 lymphnodes affected.
    Chemo June 26- 6 cycles of carboplatin and taxol every 3 weeks ( took 20 weeks).
    Radiation November 26- 25 sessions external pelvic and 2 internal HDR brachtherapy.(still going through it) mainly diarrhea and cramping as side effects.

I get nervous when I read about all the reaccurances, I am trusting in the Lord for my healing and know it's not in my control.

This board has made me feel not so alone.
  • TAyers
    TAyers Member Posts: 86 Member
    TAyers said:

Name- Tami Ayers
    Age 46
    Diagnosed-May 18 2012
    Surgery- UPMC Passavant Hospital; Dr. Comerci, June 4,2012 Total radical hysterectomy, only vaginal cuff left.
    Chemo June 26- 6 cycles of carboplatin and taxol every 3 weeks ( took 20 weeks).
    Radiation November 26- 25 sessions external pelvic and 2 internal HDR brachtherapy.(still going through it) mainly diarrhea and cramping as side effects.

I get nervous when I read about all the reaccurances, I am trusting in the Lord for my healing and know it's not in my control.

I live in Girard Pa near
    I live in Girard Pa near Erie.
  • NorahS
    NorahS Member Posts: 92
    TAyers said:

I live in Girard Pa near
    I live in Girard Pa near Erie.

UPSC stage 3C diagnosed late
    UPSC stage 3C diagnosed late July 2012

Have completed 5 rounds of carbo/taxol -
    (which blessedly I have had very few side effects from)

Next chemo December 28 2012
    (will probably know next steps in treatment early January 2013)

Other info:
    59 and live in British Columbia, Canada
    (Very new to posting here, but have been reading here for months)

My name is actually Sharon - which is 'NorahS' backwards
  • norma2
    norma2 Member Posts: 479
    Still here
    Norma (Orange, Texas) age to date 62
    Born and grew up in New Orleans, Louisiana in the 1950's.
    Live in Orange, Texas
    Business owner (work 10-12 hrs a day, not bad for an old lady)
    diagnosed in August, 2009
    staging October, 2009 Uterine Adenocarcinoma Stage IIIC Grade 2
    Surgery, Treatment, and follow up M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas
    Dr. Charles Levenbach gyn/oncologist
    Going for my 3 year check up in a month. So far NED and so glad of it.
    I regret to say that I do not follow a particularly good diet. I do not excercise enough also, mea culpa. I do enjoy life and love running my business even in this down time economically.
    I have a wonderful husband who drove me to Houston for all my tests, surgery, and treatments. 4 grown children and one delightful grand-daughter.
    Life is good for me. God has been generous and merciful to me.
    I check this board daily and pray for the ladies here. Miss the ones that have passed on.
    May we all have peace and health.
  • pipscout
    pipscout Member Posts: 24
    grade 3 endometrial cancer with recurrence
    Hi there everyone,

I have been reading here for a few years and really appreciate it!

Teresa, age 52, live in Washington state

Diagnosed May 2010 with unstaged grade 3 endometrial cancer
    Had to have a couple of blood transfusions due to critical anemia
    Had Da Vinci assisted total hysterectomy June 2010
    6 rounds of carboplatin-taxol chemotherapy through fall of 2010
    25 rounds of radiation through winter 2010-2011
    1 brachytherapy treatment

Recurrence February 2012 as peritoneal carcinomatosis
    Took megace through August without result
    Began chemotherapy in August with carboplatin and doxil
    I've had 4 rounds, and CT scan shows that tumors are shrinking
    Will continue with just doxil as a monthly maintenance chemo. My hair has stayed put this time!
    I have nausea-dizziness the 3rd-5th day following chemo. The anti nausea drugs work but cause some other uncomfortable bowel problems for me.
    I have ongoing fatigue, treated with afternoon naps almost daily.
    I have some dryness with my hands-treating with bag balm. I avoid submerging hands and feet in hot water.

I'm also seeing an oncology naturopath and have incorporated supplements: fish oil, curcumin, "marrow plus", d3. I recently started doing Intravenous Vitamin C a few times a month and feel like it gives me and my immunity a boost.
    I just got my medical marijuana card and am going to see if it's helpful those days just following chemo.

Trying to eat nutritionally well. Mostly low fat proteins and veggies and fruit. Occasional whole grains. And very dark chocolate!

I've continued to work throughout most - with a bit of flex to my schedule and now working 4 days a week instead of 5. I have a data related job so it's not too physically taxing.

I've been attending a wonderful local cancer support group led by a palliative care social worker. Most of the people are dealing with recurrences and it's so helpful to talk about the associated feelings and issues.

I try to focus on the current day and the love and enjoyment that's available in it.

My daughters helped me to set up a fundraising site at youcaring.com for out of pocket costs and to deal with overstretched credit. I've been overwhelmed with people's generosity. My two adult daughters, boyfriend, workmates and friends have been an amazing support to me.

I read here almost daily and appreciate everything people share here as it helps my journey a lot. Warm thoughts to you all!
  • Rewriter
    Rewriter Member Posts: 493 Member
    pipscout said:

grade 3 endometrial cancer with recurrence
    Hi there everyone,

I have been reading here for a few years and really appreciate it!

Teresa, age 52, live in Washington state

Diagnosed May 2010 with unstaged grade 3 endometrial cancer
    Had to have a couple of blood transfusions due to critical anemia
    Had Da Vinci assisted total hysterectomy June 2010
    6 rounds of carboplatin-taxol chemotherapy through fall of 2010
    25 rounds of radiation through winter 2010-2011
    1 brachytherapy treatment

Recurrence February 2012 as peritoneal carcinomatosis
    Took megace through August without result
    Began chemotherapy in August with carboplatin and doxil
    I've had 4 rounds, and CT scan shows that tumors are shrinking
    Will continue with just doxil as a monthly maintenance chemo. My hair has stayed put this time!
    I have nausea-dizziness the 3rd-5th day following chemo. The anti nausea drugs work but cause some other uncomfortable bowel problems for me.
    I have ongoing fatigue, treated with afternoon naps almost daily.
    I have some dryness with my hands-treating with bag balm. I avoid submerging hands and feet in hot water.

I'm also seeing an oncology naturopath and have incorporated supplements: fish oil, curcumin, "marrow plus", d3. I recently started doing Intravenous Vitamin C a few times a month and feel like it gives me and my immunity a boost.
    I just got my medical marijuana card and am going to see if it's helpful those days just following chemo.

Trying to eat nutritionally well. Mostly low fat proteins and veggies and fruit. Occasional whole grains. And very dark chocolate!

I've continued to work throughout most - with a bit of flex to my schedule and now working 4 days a week instead of 5. I have a data related job so it's not too physically taxing.

I've been attending a wonderful local cancer support group led by a palliative care social worker. Most of the people are dealing with recurrences and it's so helpful to talk about the associated feelings and issues.

I try to focus on the current day and the love and enjoyment that's available in it.

My daughters helped me to set up a fundraising site at youcaring.com for out of pocket costs and to deal with overstretched credit. I've been overwhelmed with people's generosity. My two adult daughters, boyfriend, workmates and friends have been an amazing support to me.

I read here almost daily and appreciate everything people share here as it helps my journey a lot. Warm thoughts to you all!

Still here
    I was diagnosed with Stage 1a UPSC in March 2008. My treatment involved surgery by a gynecologic oncologist, six rounds of carbo/taxol, and three brachytherapy treatments. In addition, I switched to a primarily vegetarian and anti-inflammatory diet. Many of my posts on an anti-cancer diet can be found on this board.

I've been NED since I finished treatment; and I have been told by my oncologist that in March 2013, my risk of recurrence or of another cancer will be no greater than that of the general public.

I am in disagreement that cancer is ALWAYS a chronic disease, and a review of articles in cancer journals indicates that the word "cure" is being used more and more often. My point is sharing this feeling is to give hope. A cure may not always be probable, but in certain cases, it is possible.

This is my first post in a very long time, although I do read this board every once in a while and think of all of you with great affection.

Jill
  • jazzy1
    jazzy1 Member Posts: 1,379
    Rewriter said:

Still here
    I was diagnosed with Stage 1a UPSC in March 2008. My treatment involved surgery by a gynecologic oncologist, six rounds of carbo/taxol, and three brachytherapy treatments. In addition, I switched to a primarily vegetarian and anti-inflammatory diet. Many of my posts on an anti-cancer diet can be found on this board.

I've been NED since I finished treatment; and I have been told by my oncologist that in March 2013, my risk of recurrence or of another cancer will be no greater than that of the general public.

I am in disagreement that cancer is ALWAYS a chronic disease, and a review of articles in cancer journals indicates that the word "cure" is being used more and more often. My point is sharing this feeling is to give hope. A cure may not always be probable, but in certain cases, it is possible.

This is my first post in a very long time, although I do read this board every once in a while and think of all of you with great affection.

Jill

MMMT, stage 3C
    Name: Jan
    Diagnosed: January, 2009
    Stage: IIIC, High grade MMMT uterine, cancer found in 1 pelvic lymph node
    Surgery: Total hysterectomy
    Treatment: 6 rounds chemo, carbo/taxol, sandwiched between 33 rounds external pelvic radiation
    NED since completion of treatments July 2009
    Current CA125: 4, according to doc, very reliable to follow
    Follow-up: see doc every 6 mos, next appt is January, 2013

Changed my diet and lifestyle, lowered my stress as quit my high-level corp job. Had some lower back issues after completion of treatments which included bulging disc. Completed 3 months of treatments with a chiropractor and have no pain....only on monthly maintenance. Take a lot fewer supplements, directing my needs via my daily food intake.

MY MOTTO -- ENJOY LIFE, IT HAS AN EXPIRATION!!!
  • Ro10
    Ro10 Member Posts: 1,561 Member
    jazzy1 said:

MMMT, stage 3C
    Name: Jan
    Diagnosed: January, 2009
    Stage: IIIC, High grade MMMT uterine, cancer found in 1 pelvic lymph node
    Surgery: Total hysterectomy
    Treatment: 6 rounds chemo, carbo/taxol, sandwiched between 33 rounds external pelvic radiation
    NED since completion of treatments July 2009
    Current CA125: 4, according to doc, very reliable to follow
    Follow-up: see doc every 6 mos, next appt is January, 2013

Changed my diet and lifestyle, lowered my stress as quit my high-level corp job. Had some lower back issues after completion of treatments which included bulging disc. Completed 3 months of treatments with a chiropractor and have no pain....only on monthly maintenance. Take a lot fewer supplements, directing my needs via my daily food intake.

MY MOTTO -- ENJOY LIFE, IT HAS AN EXPIRATION!!!

UPSC stage 3-C
    Name : Roberta
    Diagnosed: abnormal PAP 10/08 Highly suggestive of adenocarcinoma
    Had colposcopy - showed adenocarcinoma
    1/09 DaVinci surgery - total hysterectomy - UPSC Stage 3-C 5 of 25 nodes positive' abdominal washing also positive

Treatment: sandwich treatment of 3 taxol/ carboplatin with 28 external radiation treatments and a 28 hour internal radiation treatment followed with 3 more chemo treatments. CA125 - 14 after treatment. Had reaction to taxol with first treatment, so taxol is given over 5 hours each time.

Immediately after chemo was stopped CA 125 began to rise. Dr. Said it is just a number, and does not treat until symptoms appear or CAT scan shows changes.

Recurrence: 18 months after completely first treatment. Lymph nodes enlarged on CAT scan. Had 3 taxol/ Carbo treatments. Then had severe allergic reaction to carbo. Switched to taxol/cisplatin. Had 4 more treatments. CA125 1740 before treatment and 43.5 after treatment.

2nd recurrence- 7 months after finishing treatment. Lymph nodes enlarged on CAT scan. Had 6 treatments of taxol/cisplatin. CA 125 - 3240 before treatment and 60 after treatment. Developed blood clots in lungs, so started on daily blood thinner shots.

Current status: taking Aromasin and blood thinner shots. More than 6 months since last chemo so will be able to
    Go back on taxol/cisplatin when needed.

Ca125- currently 360, but CAT scan stable. No symptoms, but never had any symptoms even before diagnosis.
  • plantlady2012
    plantlady2012 Member Posts: 49
    Stage 3C Grade 3 Endometrial
    Age 55 at diagnosis, now age 56
    Diagnosed in July 2011
    Davinci surgery August 2011, removed everything and a few para-aortic lymph nodes
    2nd surgery in later August 2011 to repair vaginal cuff (stitches didn't hold).
    15 rounds of Carboplatin/Taxotere (Yes, Fifteen! It took a Year!)
    I was allergic to Taxol.

Last treatment was early October, 2012 (having begun in November 2011).
    Next-to-Last PET scan showed no unusual SUV's. but some lymph nodes still enlarged, so treatment was continued for three more rounds to be sure.
    Most Recent PET scan showed lymph nodes smaller, but one hot spot.
    CT-guided needle biopsy of the lymph node that lit up came back negative. They told me it might have been an infection. Let's hope so!
    Next scan is in mid-January 2013.

In November, I consulted with an alternative doctor and got a chemo sensitivity blood test, which gave me some recommendations for supplements that I am still in the process of implementing. (Vitamin C, Curcumin, Quercetin, Lycopene, and low-dose naltrexone, perhaps others). So far I have only started on the Vitamin C, but haven't talked to him about dosage, yet. I get lots of curcumin, quercetin and lycopene in my diet, but plan to find good supplements, too. Any recommendations??

Shortly after I was diagnosed in August 2011, my general practitioner recommended a book to me, called Anti-Cancer: A New Way of Life. I have followed it's dietary recommendations, started exercising, but for some reason find it difficult to meditate and visualize. Still trying! The dietary changes have resulted in a weight loss of 170 pounds since then!! I don't even recognize myself in the mirror!

I am currently on a plant-based diet, with LOTS of vegetables, and have started juicing vegetables, as well.

--Lynn
  • Fayard
    Fayard Member Posts: 438 Member
    Rewriter said:

Still here

Jill

Good to hear from you!

Good to hear from you!
  • HellieC
    HellieC Member Posts: 524 Member

Stage 3C Grade 3 Endometrial
    Age 55 at diagnosis, now age 56
    Diagnosed in July 2011
    Davinci surgery August 2011, removed everything and a few para-aortic lymph nodes
    2nd surgery in later August 2011 to repair vaginal cuff (stitches didn't hold).
    15 rounds of Carboplatin/Taxotere (Yes, Fifteen! It took a Year!)
    I was allergic to Taxol.

Last treatment was early October, 2012 (having begun in November 2011).
    Next-to-Last PET scan showed no unusual SUV's. but some lymph nodes still enlarged, so treatment was continued for three more rounds to be sure.
    Most Recent PET scan showed lymph nodes smaller, but one hot spot.
    CT-guided needle biopsy of the lymph node that lit up came back negative. They told me it might have been an infection. Let's hope so!
    Next scan is in mid-January 2013.

In November, I consulted with an alternative doctor and got a chemo sensitivity blood test, which gave me some recommendations for supplements that I am still in the process of implementing. (Vitamin C, Curcumin, Quercetin, Lycopene, and low-dose naltrexone, perhaps others). So far I have only started on the Vitamin C, but haven't talked to him about dosage, yet. I get lots of curcumin, quercetin and lycopene in my diet, but plan to find good supplements, too. Any recommendations??

Shortly after I was diagnosed in August 2011, my general practitioner recommended a book to me, called Anti-Cancer: A New Way of Life. I have followed it's dietary recommendations, started exercising, but for some reason find it difficult to meditate and visualize. Still trying! The dietary changes have resulted in a weight loss of 170 pounds since then!! I don't even recognize myself in the mirror!

I am currently on a plant-based diet, with LOTS of vegetables, and have started juicing vegetables, as well.

--Lynn

Still here!
    September 2001 - D&C for abnormal uterine bleeding. Diagnosis - Atypical hyperplasia (suspicion of cancer).
    October 2001 - TAH/BSO performed. No other abnormalities found (assumed everything abnormal removed during D&C). No further follow up required.
    December 2007 (7 years after surgery) - recurrence at vaginal vault. Treated with pelvic radiotherapy.
    June 2010 - further vault recurrence. Treated with surgical resection and sigmoid colectomy followed by 6 cycles of carbo/taxol chemotherapy.
    June 2012 - recurrence - two tumours, one at left pelvic sidewall and one on right of pelvis. Surgery not possible due to location of tumours. Currently on hormone therapy - aromatase inhibitor, Letrozole (Femara). Tumours shrinking (right side no longer visible, left side shrinking). Hooray!

Ladies - this is a beast of a disease and I still wonder how I got here following a hysterectomy which found no cancer! But I am still here, delighted that I am getting a response to the hormones for now and enjoying every day!

Helen
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    HellieC said:

Still here!
    September 2001 - D&C for abnormal uterine bleeding. Diagnosis - Atypical hyperplasia (suspicion of cancer).
    October 2001 - TAH/BSO performed. No other abnormalities found (assumed everything abnormal removed during D&C). No further follow up required.
    December 2007 (7 years after surgery) - recurrence at vaginal vault. Treated with pelvic radiotherapy.
    June 2010 - further vault recurrence. Treated with surgical resection and sigmoid colectomy followed by 6 cycles of carbo/taxol chemotherapy.
    June 2012 - recurrence - two tumours, one at left pelvic sidewall and one on right of pelvis. Surgery not possible due to location of tumours. Currently on hormone therapy - aromatase inhibitor, Letrozole (Femara). Tumours shrinking (right side no longer visible, left side shrinking). Hooray!

Ladies - this is a beast of a disease and I still wonder how I got here following a hysterectomy which found no cancer! But I am still here, delighted that I am getting a response to the hormones for now and enjoying every day!

Helen

Endometroid adenocarcinoma Stage 1a, gr.1
    The "garden variety/old lady" endometrial cancer. 2 1/2 years post surgery, no adjuvant treatments, doing great as expected.

65 years old and counting.
    Dx'd at 62.
    Endometrial cells found on routine pap smear. Endo biopsy showed complex atypical hyperplasia with areas suspicious for adenocarcinoma. Off to the gyn onc. Turned out those suspicious cells were cancer, but early stage, low grade. Tumor was 3 cm happily thriving in a polyp. 3 cm is not considered big, but under 2 cm is considered small, so 17 nodes removed and pelvic wash done. All good.

Had my routine mammo when I scheduled pelvic ultrasound following abnormal pap. Mammo showed a suspicious area. Biopsy confirmed invasive ductal carcinoma, grade 2, ER/PR+, HER-2 neg. This dx came 4 days after endo cancer dx. 2010 was quite a busy year!

They tell me estrogen is not my friend anymore (it sure used to be!). The biology of my bc proved to have a high rate of recurrence and surgical pathology showed I also had extensive high grade ductal carcinoma in situ, so I had chemotherapy, radiation and now take Arimidex.

I consider myself very very fortunate to have discovered and treated 2 primary cancers that to date show no evidence of living anywhere other than their initial sites - which were removed.

Happy holidays to everyone!

Suzanne
  • txtrisha55
    txtrisha55 Member Posts: 693 Member
    Trish in Dallas Texas 55 at
    Trish in Dallas Texas 55 at DX Stage III C1 MMMT (carcinoma sarcoma 1A tumor in Uterus, 2 microscopic cells 1 lymph node) High Grade 3 cancer so upgraded to stage 3c1.
    Post-Menopausal in 1992 at age 36. In 2004 spotting had D& C everything clear.
    In 2008 Daughter moved home and had my grandson, William, when she started again, so did me and my sister. Continued every month for a year then stopped again.
    Yearly Pap’s clear & normal and Colonoscopy in Sep 2010 clear and normal.
    March 7, 2011 started flooding and intense pain. Went to gyn she performed another D&C with hsytoscopy March 25. She (the gyn dr) said that it looked nasty in the uterus and that it was sent to pathology.
    April 1, 2011 got the call from the dr that the pathology report was back and it was cancer. She was scheduling an appointment Monday 4 April with gyn onc at the cancer center. Dr. Jayanthi Lea at UT Southwestern Medical Center was a God send and remains my onc doctor today. She is patient and caring and takes time to explain everything. Great dr so lucky she was chosen for me because I was clueless. April 8, total abdominal hysterectomy with everything removed. May 6, started carbo/taxol for 6 rounds, one every 21 days. Dr said no radiation because she had removed it all so there was nothing to radiate, and would save that in case it comes back. I did ok on the treatments, went back to work, took off on treatment days. Last TX was 22 Aug 11. Only side effect was hair loss but it grew back. 16 months NED. Still go to the Dr every 3 months for checkups and blood work CA 125 was 15 before surgery now down to 11, so do not think that CA is a good marker for me but still does the test. Found this site and have gained a lot of information and guidance from it. Do not post that much but do come and keep updated on everyone. I keep everyone on this site and the whole ACS CSN Boards in my prayers. I have a surgical hernia that I need to have taking care of but was told it can wait so I am waiting a bit longer maybe 2013 I will get it taken care of. It is not bothering me so I will wait.

One thing I learned from all of this is to keep a positive attitude. I went into this journey as OK, I have cancer, let’s take care of it, get it out, get the treatments and move on. I found out that I was stronger than I thought I was. Yes I had a few bad days but on the whole it was positive, even Dr Lea has been impressed with my attitude and tells me that every time she sees me. I have changed some of my diet and exercise more and I do take supplements but mostly I just take every day, one day at a time. Back at work full time and take off days to spend with my grandson and my friends.
    trish
  • ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,677 Member

Trish in Dallas Texas 55 at
    Trish in Dallas Texas 55 at DX Stage III C1 MMMT (carcinoma sarcoma 1A tumor in Uterus, 2 microscopic cells 1 lymph node) High Grade 3 cancer so upgraded to stage 3c1.
    Post-Menopausal in 1992 at age 36. In 2004 spotting had D& C everything clear.
    In 2008 Daughter moved home and had my grandson, William, when she started again, so did me and my sister. Continued every month for a year then stopped again.
    Yearly Pap’s clear & normal and Colonoscopy in Sep 2010 clear and normal.
    March 7, 2011 started flooding and intense pain. Went to gyn she performed another D&C with hsytoscopy March 25. She (the gyn dr) said that it looked nasty in the uterus and that it was sent to pathology.
    April 1, 2011 got the call from the dr that the pathology report was back and it was cancer. She was scheduling an appointment Monday 4 April with gyn onc at the cancer center. Dr. Jayanthi Lea at UT Southwestern Medical Center was a God send and remains my onc doctor today. She is patient and caring and takes time to explain everything. Great dr so lucky she was chosen for me because I was clueless. April 8, total abdominal hysterectomy with everything removed. May 6, started carbo/taxol for 6 rounds, one every 21 days. Dr said no radiation because she had removed it all so there was nothing to radiate, and would save that in case it comes back. I did ok on the treatments, went back to work, took off on treatment days. Last TX was 22 Aug 11. Only side effect was hair loss but it grew back. 16 months NED. Still go to the Dr every 3 months for checkups and blood work CA 125 was 15 before surgery now down to 11, so do not think that CA is a good marker for me but still does the test. Found this site and have gained a lot of information and guidance from it. Do not post that much but do come and keep updated on everyone. I keep everyone on this site and the whole ACS CSN Boards in my prayers. I have a surgical hernia that I need to have taking care of but was told it can wait so I am waiting a bit longer maybe 2013 I will get it taken care of. It is not bothering me so I will wait.

One thing I learned from all of this is to keep a positive attitude. I went into this journey as OK, I have cancer, let’s take care of it, get it out, get the treatments and move on. I found out that I was stronger than I thought I was. Yes I had a few bad days but on the whole it was positive, even Dr Lea has been impressed with my attitude and tells me that every time she sees me. I have changed some of my diet and exercise more and I do take supplements but mostly I just take every day, one day at a time. Back at work full time and take off days to spend with my grandson and my friends.
    trish

Connie in NY
    Name : Connie
    Location: sandwiched between Lake Champlain, Adirondack Park and Canadian border
    Diagnosis: sudden onset foul smelling, watery discharge, pink tinged twice. Since I am a nurse, the familar odor convinced me it was cancer. My gyn didn't agree, and treated me for atrophic vaginitis. My first mistake: I accepted that dx inspite of the fact that I have always advised my patients that they live in their bodies and know them best. Luckily, she did a pap and abnormal cells showed up. A bx followed and she prepared me for a cancer dx but felt it was early and surgery would be the only treatment needed. She referred me to a gyn/ onc. When I called to get the bx path report, I was told it wasn't ready and had been forwarded to the hospital in Burlington, Vt. That did not sound good to me. The following Sunday the gyn/ onc called me and said that although my appt with him wasnt till the following Wed, he would like to schedule me for surgery on Fri. That didn't sound so good, either. By Wed I had down some research so wasn't shocked when he told me I had UPSC and would need surgery, chem, radiation
    Tx: laparoscopic surgery the end of March this year, chemo ( the standard) completed Aug. 15, brachytherapy in Oct. for UPSC 1a, grade 3. My first scan was NED.
    Now: I bounced back fast and my only reminders are a bit of neuropathy in my toes, my Jamie Lee Curtis hair, and the port. My doc says let's take the port out. I vacillate. I am eating better, getting lots of exercise, plan to start tai chi in Jan. My goal is to give my grandaughter and grandson their gram for as long as I can.
  • kfparke
    kfparke Member Posts: 8
    NorahS said:

UPSC stage 3C diagnosed late
    UPSC stage 3C diagnosed late July 2012

Have completed 5 rounds of carbo/taxol -
    (which blessedly I have had very few side effects from)

Next chemo December 28 2012
    (will probably know next steps in treatment early January 2013)

Other info:
    59 and live in British Columbia, Canada
    (Very new to posting here, but have been reading here for months)

My name is actually Sharon - which is 'NorahS' backwards

Celebrating LIFE!!!
    My name is Kathy and I live in Wichita, Kansas
    Diagnosed: November 2010
    Surgery: December 22, 2010 Da Vinci Robotic: Hysterectomy done by Gyn Oncologist. 35 lymph nodes removed.
    Diagnosed: Uterine Carcinosarcoma (MMMT) Stage 1A
    Age at Diagnosis: 59
    Treatment: 6 rounds of Carboplatin/Taxol - started end of Jan 2011 and completed end of May 2011
    CA 125 = 8 as of September, 2012
    Latest Cat Scan: June, 2012 - No Evidence of Disease
    Retired one year ago from my job of 32 years and am loving every minute!!
  • laura25
    laura25 Member Posts: 180 Member
    TAyers said:

Name- Tami Ayers
    Age 46
    Diagnosed-May 18 2012

Stage 3C Endometrioid Adenocarcinoma- also 45 when dx
    Name- Laura
    Age 47
    Diagnosed-Jan 19th 2011
    Surgery- Total hysterectomy, 1 out of 20 lymphnodes affected.
    Chemo Feb 2011 - 8 cycles of carboplatin and taxol every 3 weeks, finished July 2011
    No Radiation

Had a very big scare Aug 2012, but turned out to be an infection not cancer. Coming up on 2 year dx mark, this board has been a huge blessing for me.
  • sunflash
    sunflash Member Posts: 197 Member
    kfparke said:

Celebrating LIFE!!!
    My name is Kathy and I live in Wichita, Kansas
    Diagnosed: November 2010
    Surgery: December 22, 2010 Da Vinci Robotic: Hysterectomy done by Gyn Oncologist. 35 lymph nodes removed.
    Diagnosed: Uterine Carcinosarcoma (MMMT) Stage 1A
    Age at Diagnosis: 59
    Treatment: 6 rounds of Carboplatin/Taxol - started end of Jan 2011 and completed end of May 2011
    CA 125 = 8 as of September, 2012
    Latest Cat Scan: June, 2012 - No Evidence of Disease
    Retired one year ago from my job of 32 years and am loving every minute!!

June 17, 2011, UPSC presumed
    June 17, 2011, UPSC presumed to be 1A, was discovered after I began having atypical endometrial cells (AGUS) pap smears. Davinci hysterectomy performed including cervix, uterus, fallopian tubes and ovaries. No lymph nodes were sampled as cancer was not suspected. UPSC was confirmed (4.5 MM polyp) after the uterus was cross sectioned during the pathology process.Pathology showed negative wash, but suspicion of LVSI. This was my second primary cancer.

2nd opinion received from MD Anderson and doctors agreed with treatment plan and agreed that cancer was not advanced. Have had only one CT scan since treatment, and CA 125 is 4, but probably not good indicator for me as it was never elevated.

I received 6 cycles of Taxol/Carboplatin spaced 3 weeks apart. No radiation was given as I had already had radiation treatment during my vaginal cancer treatment in 2007.

Treatment finished Nov 11, 2011. I see my doctor every 3 months for checkups. Next appointment in January will be 14 months post treatment.

Vaginal cancer diagnosed in March of 2007. Received weekly Cisplatin with daily radiation treatments and brachytherapy. Had no complications from radiation and NED for almost 6 years (Woo-Hoo!)

Feeling blessed that UPSC was caught early because of being watched carefully by my gyno-oncologist.

Prayers and Christmas blessings for all of you,
    Diane in Houston
  • cheerful
    cheerful Member Posts: 261 Member

Surgery: February 1, 2011 - Hysterectomy done by Gyn at Crozer-Chester Medical Center, Upland, PA - had 6 months of bleeding

Diagnosed: February 23, 2011 by Oncologist

Age at Diagnosis: February 23, 2011 - 59

Age Now: Dec. 2012 - age 61

Stage 1 UPSC, 5 Centimeter Large Polyp

Treatment: 6 rounds of Carboplatin/Taxol - started in April, 2011, completed end of August, 2011, 3 rounds of brachytherapy in late Sept./mid October, 2011 - while going through treatment had great support from family and friends

CA 125: No. 7 as of October, 2012

Latest Cat Scan: November, 2012 - No Evidence of Disease for which I am very thankful and grateful - and am happy and glad to still be alive! I am enjoying my life and appreciate each and every day that I have as cancer does change you

I see Oncologist again in April, 2013 - will now see him 2x a year in the future whereas this year 2012 saw him 3x.

I live outside of Phila., PA suburbs in Delaware County, PA