1year completion

2»

Comments

• garym
    garym Member Posts: 1,647
    foxhd said:

Wonderful progress
    Another update. First my thyroid is fine. Today is 7 days from my last infusion. I went into my visit feeling really good. Most pain was gone. I told the Doc. that I really needed to get back to my exercise because I need it and miss it. I told her that it is my responsibility to stay as fit and strong as I can so that she has something good to work with as she continues to save my life. She couldn't disagree but is concerned that I would push myself too much and hurt myself. I told her I know a good therapist and I will follow his advice. (always good for a laugh.) Anyway, the next morning I did a little ex. I basically went through the motions of my preferred routines with very low resistance. Then went for a mile jog. More of a shuffle and a walk, and a shuffle and a walk. I DON"'T want to hurt myself. It felt good. Promising. So, I did it again the next day. And the next. Well, this morning I was already able to do my normal "healthy" workout at about 2/3's my normal resistance and intensity. Then 2 mile jog at decent pace! It's almost as if I had only missed a week or two of workouts! (I look back and realize that I missed almost 7 months of training.) I have got to tell you that I feel as though I am having a major breakthrough in my recovery. I am feeling SUPER!!!!!!!!. Once again my next scan on Dec. 21st is going to be an important one. I am ready to put some $ on the fact that it will be my best one since spring. Sure hope that I'm not wrong and I would caution anyone else not to be so optimistic. But, I haven't felt this good in a long time. I am pumped. I love you guys!

Great news...
    I wouldn't bet against you on that regardless of what the Vegas odds might be, but I'd be happy to put my money down on top of yours. The land of NED is not far from your reach and I can't wait for the party when you get there!! Rock on!!
  • DMike
    DMike Member Posts: 259
    foxhd said:

Wonderful progress
    Another update. First my thyroid is fine. Today is 7 days from my last infusion. I went into my visit feeling really good. Most pain was gone. I told the Doc. that I really needed to get back to my exercise because I need it and miss it. I told her that it is my responsibility to stay as fit and strong as I can so that she has something good to work with as she continues to save my life. She couldn't disagree but is concerned that I would push myself too much and hurt myself. I told her I know a good therapist and I will follow his advice. (always good for a laugh.) Anyway, the next morning I did a little ex. I basically went through the motions of my preferred routines with very low resistance. Then went for a mile jog. More of a shuffle and a walk, and a shuffle and a walk. I DON"'T want to hurt myself. It felt good. Promising. So, I did it again the next day. And the next. Well, this morning I was already able to do my normal "healthy" workout at about 2/3's my normal resistance and intensity. Then 2 mile jog at decent pace! It's almost as if I had only missed a week or two of workouts! (I look back and realize that I missed almost 7 months of training.) I have got to tell you that I feel as though I am having a major breakthrough in my recovery. I am feeling SUPER!!!!!!!!. Once again my next scan on Dec. 21st is going to be an important one. I am ready to put some $ on the fact that it will be my best one since spring. Sure hope that I'm not wrong and I would caution anyone else not to be so optimistic. But, I haven't felt this good in a long time. I am pumped. I love you guys!

Endorphins!
    Fantastic news Fox! I know how important exercise is to me both physically and mentally. I still think you're a badass!
    --David
  • foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    DMike said:

Endorphins!
    Fantastic news Fox! I know how important exercise is to me both physically and mentally. I still think you're a badass!
    --David

endorphins
    Dave, I like my endorphins! I remember my first runners high as I crested a hill about 30 years ago. I still get it after playing a decent round of golf. But I have been missing my workouts and hope I can continue. I gotta go find that hill.

Gary, I think you could double your $.
  • pjune127
    pjune127 Member Posts: 127
    foxhd said:

endorphins
    Dave, I like my endorphins! I remember my first runners high as I crested a hill about 30 years ago. I still get it after playing a decent round of golf. But I have been missing my workouts and hope I can continue. I gotta go find that hill.

You know where I stand....
    You are my role model, my mentor. We will both be NED!!! I'd put money on it!
  • I am alive
    I am alive Member Posts: 315
    foxhd said:

endorphins

YOU are an endorphin!
    Happy anniversary! Happy "back to exercise!" Happy "feeling great again!" Fox, you light the way. Been down the rabbit hole and back again to tell us about it. I came to this board last summer to get a handle on what was in store. (It's the black Irish in me.) No good doctor says "ok, here's how it's going to play out." Instead I found genuine real life heroes like you, and so many others, who show how to live with this thing and wrestle it to the ground. You are a joy to know. Continued good health!