**~~ What's Your Favorite Christmas Carol Or Song? ~~**

susie09
susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
Do you have a favorite Christmas song? If you do, what is it?

Comments

• teresa41
    teresa41 Member Posts: 471
    i have 2
    i have 2 i like o holy night and mary did you know

teresa
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    teresa41 said:

i have 2

teresa

This one brings me to tears every time I hear it
    because of how beautiful it is performed:

O, Holy Night--by Michael Crawford. It is my mom's favorite as well. Please listen to it if you haven't heard it. He hits notes that are not even on the musical scale.

Glorious.

Hugs, Renee
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    missrenee said:

This one brings me to tears every time I hear it
    because of how beautiful it is performed:

O, Holy Night--by Michael Crawford. It is my mom's favorite as well. Please listen to it if you haven't heard it. He hits notes that are not even on the musical scale.

Glorious.

Hugs, Renee

I love O Holy Night too! I
    I love O Holy Night too! I haven't heard it by Michael Crawford Renee. I will be sure to get it. Thanks!
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    teresa41 said:

i have 2

teresa

I love all of them Susie!
    I love all of them Susie! Silent Night and White Christmas are 2 of my favorites. Just listening to all of the Christmas songs will certainly get you in the mood. They are all so very beautiful and meaningful.

Sue :)
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    For fun Grandma got run over
    For fun Grandma got run over by a rein deer and I love "Christmas Shoes" though it's sad...

Denise
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    O Holy Night!
    O Holy Night is my favorite of favorites.
    BUT I also really like
    Un Flambeau Jeanette Isabela
    I Saw Mammie Kissing Santa Claus
    Jingle Bell Rock
    Lil Drummer Boy
    32 Feet and 8 Little Tails
    The Christmas Song
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598

For fun Grandma got run over by a rein deer and I love "Christmas Shoes" though it's sad...

Denise

Let me see, I love Joy to
    Let me see, I love Joy to the World by Michael Bolton. I think his voice is awesome.

Elvis Presley singing Blue Christmas is a favorite of ours too.

Love hearing Christmas music!

Lex
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    There is something seriously
    There is something seriously wrong with me because my favorite Christmas song is Laura Nyro's "Christmas in My Soul." It is the saddest song ever, but the melody is hauntingly beautiful. Katherine (daughter) says, "Gee Mom, you sure have the Christmas spirit"-lol. BTW, Laura Nyro died of ovarian cancer at the age of 49--such a loss.
  • desertgirl947
    desertgirl947 Member Posts: 653 Member
    A Favorite
    It is tough to list a favorite Christmas carol. Being part of choirs for so many years, whether a school choir or church choir, I have sung a LOT of Christmas music over the years -- even familiar carols with new tunes.

Even before my cancer issues, I was beginning to find that certain Christmas carols would strike an emotional cord in me.

Here is an incomplete list: "O Holy Night," "Silent Night," "Angels We Have Heard on High" (the moving parts in the chorus makes it fun to sing), and many more.

When it comes to non-religious songs, I like "Winter Wonderland" and "White Christmas."
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Alexis F said:

Let me see, I love Joy to
    Let me see, I love Joy to the World by Michael Bolton. I think his voice is awesome.

Elvis Presley singing Blue Christmas is a favorite of ours too.

Love hearing Christmas music!

Lex

Gotta listen to Little
    Gotta listen to Little Drummer Boy!
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Rague said:

O Holy Night!
    O Holy Night is my favorite of favorites.
    BUT I also really like
    Un Flambeau Jeanette Isabela
    I Saw Mammie Kissing Santa Claus
    Jingle Bell Rock
    Lil Drummer Boy
    32 Feet and 8 Little Tails
    The Christmas Song

Forgot O Holy Night! Love
    Forgot O Holy Night! Love it!
  • sdukowitz
    sdukowitz Member Posts: 250
    Away in a Manger, Bring a
    Away in a Manger, Bring a Torch, Jeanette Isabella, Silver Bells and Little Toy Trains are a few of my favorites... Sue D
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

Denise

Oh Denise, Grandma got run
    Oh Denise, Grandma got run over by a reindeer is funny! I had forgotten that one! Thanks for the reminder. I hope I hear it on the radio this season.

Sue :)
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    I love most of them
    My favorites are Silent Night, Away in a Manger, and Mary did you know... Love Midnight Mass because we have the best choir and everyone can sing the songs. I also love Amazing Grace.
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991

There is something seriously
    There is something seriously wrong with me because my favorite Christmas song is Laura Nyro's "Christmas in My Soul." It is the saddest song ever, but the melody is hauntingly beautiful. Katherine (daughter) says, "Gee Mom, you sure have the Christmas spirit"-lol. BTW, Laura Nyro died of ovarian cancer at the age of 49--such a loss.

I love snow at Christmas
    I love snow at Christmas time, so one would have to be " I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas".

Then, it can all go away. hehe
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

A Favorite
    It is tough to list a favorite Christmas carol. Being part of choirs for so many years, whether a school choir or church choir, I have sung a LOT of Christmas music over the years -- even familiar carols with new tunes.

Even before my cancer issues, I was beginning to find that certain Christmas carols would strike an emotional cord in me.

Here is an incomplete list: "O Holy Night," "Silent Night," "Angels We Have Heard on High" (the moving parts in the chorus makes it fun to sing), and many more.

When it comes to non-religious songs, I like "Winter Wonderland" and "White Christmas."

There are so many that it is
    There are so many that it is tough to only pick a few. Right now O Holy Night is playing, and before that, the station played Jingle Bells. There is a great radio station that plays Christmas music non stop, no commercial or ads.
  • Pink Rose
    Pink Rose Member Posts: 493
    sdukowitz said:

Away in a Manger, Bring a Torch, Jeanette Isabella, Silver Bells and Little Toy Trains are a few of my favorites... Sue D

Little drummer boy, Silver
    Little drummer boy, Silver Bells and O Come All Ye Faithful
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    sdukowitz said:

Isn't it fun to see what
    Isn't it fun to see what Christmas songs we like? It seems there are a few favorites. I have my Kenny G Christmas CD on. Anyone have it? It is awesome!
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    sdukowitz said:

Silent night always makes me
    Silent night always makes me cry. Love that song!
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    sdukowitz said:

Away in a Manger is another
    Away in a Manger is another one.