Stomach Cancer Stage 4 Survivors

Hi everyone, My mom has been diagnosed with Stage 4 Stomach Cancer, she's going through chemotherapy, but her dry cough just doesn't stop. Its quite scary doctors say there are chances the stomach cancer has now spread to the lungs,....please help if anyone is or aware of in a similar situation,....we are quite desperate for any piece of information at this point

Comments

• vancouvermom
    vancouvermom Member Posts: 1
    coughing
    Hi Lostinindia,

My mom also have just recently been diagnosed with stage 4 stomach cancer. The cancer cell has spread to her blood stream in lungs. So she is having both lots of dry cough and also wet ones. I have asked her to do some deep breathing exercise and it is helping.

She is about to get Chemo treatment in a few weeks. Do you know what are the chemo drugs that is treating your mom?

Stay strong.
  • lostinindia
    lostinindia Member Posts: 2

coughing
    Hi Lostinindia,

My mom also have just recently been diagnosed with stage 4 stomach cancer. The cancer cell has spread to her blood stream in lungs. So she is having both lots of dry cough and also wet ones. I have asked her to do some deep breathing exercise and it is helping.

She is about to get Chemo treatment in a few weeks. Do you know what are the chemo drugs that is treating your mom?

Stay strong.

Chemo Cycles
    Hey Vancouvermom,
    My mom received the following for the first 3 cycles
    Patient given first 3 course of Chemotherapy
    I/V GRANISET 3 MG + DECADRON 12 MG + RANTAC 50 MG IN 500 CC NS IN 1 HOUR
    I/V AVIL 2 CC + EFFCORLIN 100 MG IN 100 CC NS OVER 15 MINS
    I/V TAXOTERE 80 MG IN 500 CC NS OVER 2 HOURS
    I/V DACOTIN (OXALIPLANTIN) 100 MG IN 500 CC 5% D/W OVER 2 HOURS
    I/V CALCIUM GLUCONATE 10% 10 CC IN 500 CC NS OVER 2 HOURS
    CAP XELODA (CAPECITABINE) (500 MG) 2-0-2 (1 HOUR AFTER FOOD) X 14 DAYS
    TAB PAN D 1-0-0
    S/C INJ NEUPOGEN 300 MG

Recently we changed our chest doctor who put mom on some antibiotics for 5 days, he was of the opinion that mom caught some infection along with the mets to the lungs.....unfortunately she cannot undergo surgery...if anyone with a similar situation has had surgery please let us know.