coffee in duderstadt - out of the pan and into the fire "dendritric cell vaccine"

pete43lost_at_sea
pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
edited December 2012 in Colorectal Cancer #1
https://docs.google.com/file/d/1odbnNoKKsNYlsI17dkXBZ6s3bgSEPt4-iPkpqemeP00ZVUpZQJ1oqJpZQnuZ/edit

written by Thomas Neßelhut1, Dagmar Marx1, Jan Neßelhut1 and Fred Fändrich2
1Institute for Tumortherapy, Duderstadt
2Clinic for Applied Cellular Medicine, University of Kiel
Germany

these amazing doctors and researchers are saving lives without chemo, they are not sharks, they are legends and I am blessed to be here when all my sydney oncologists wereing offering palliative chemo and a quick longer term visit to lucifer! to much loving and living to do!

starting the above therapy tomorrow, but the colorectal version.

will this save my but ?

only one way to find out! i just left hallwangen clinic after 2 months and a small $100Kusd bill, now i am at duderstadt for 4 months of therapy. I will be back scuba diving in under 3 weeks, not a bad effort for 46 year old which had some mets to the liver, lung and peritoneal cavity. just about to redo the ct and pet, maybe sydney or germany. i feel fine and will have as much fun and excitement as treatment permits.

hugs,
pete

ps the science is compelling, thank you nwnm aka tony. your suggestions months ago were the equivalent to foreplay, all those months ago how ironic i am using this now. when you are a trail blazer you get shot by some and loved by others. one day I pray we will all realise "we can have our cake and eat it" please read and push your oncologists hard to expand their clinical awareness. they have to stop looking at themselves in the mirror each morning and think of you and realise the germans almost won the war. maybe they will win the war on cancer. thats my bet! thats where my life and money is going. you bet with your decisions, bet well my friends and have fun. I am! The roulette wheel is still spinning and I am still breathing. amen and thank you to all my friends.

pps my blog weeks ago about nobel prize winning science being implemented here.
http://petertrayhurn.blogspot.de/2012/11/todays-research-ginseng-nobel-prize.html

ppps this is the juicy part of the paper I have studied, its going to save my life with low or no chemo! thats my prayer.

promote antigen-specific recognition and avidity of potential anti-tumor effector cells, the
biology of antigens expressed by malignant glioma cells must be taken into consideration
while designing protocols for programming autologous dendritic cells and defining the
appropriate patient. For example, Prins and coworkers could recently shown that the gene
expression profile of the individual glioma can identify a subgroup of patients, that may be
more responsive to dendritic cell based immunotherapy (Prins et al., 2011). In this context
the combination with NDV seems to be a promising tool to modify tumor cells in vitro as
well as in vivo to a more immunogenic phenotype resulting in better immune recognition as
well as in better immune response.
The encouraging results of phase I/II trials have to be confirmed in phase III studies with
special emphasis on the maturation protocols for improvement of TH1-polarisation of
dendritic cells, which so far are still a matter of controversial discussion. Moreover, the
optimal antigen source, cell number of injected dendritic cells, frequency of vaccinations as
well as the right time point for vaccination are still not fully defined. Future studies should
also involve an immune monitoring of vaccinated patients. Immune monitoring methods
can include quantification of CD8+ and CD4+ T cells generated in response to the antigen or
measurement of the functional status of T cells analyzed by cytokine production. However,
it has to be taken into account that in vitro measurement of T cell responses do not always
correlate with clinical outcome (Carpentier & Meng, 2006). Thus, the best immunological
monitoring strategy is still intensively debated.
Finally, clinical trials for the evaluation of immune therapeutical approaches have to be
designed in a different way as for chemotherapeutical drugs. In this context the overall
survival rather than the reduction of tumor burden is probably the best primary endpoint.
Based on such a study design ProvengeTM, an immunological treatment based on antigen
presenting cells, received the FDA approval for treatment of hormone refractory prostate
cancer in spring 2010.

pppps http://petertrayhurn.blogspot.de/2012/12/my-life-in-his-hands.html
picture of my actual colorectal targetted personal vaccine.

Comments

• pete43lost_at_sea
    thanks pete, great post
    I wokeup, 5 am fresh and excited, getting prepared for my 10am with dr thomas nestlehut.
    i have already done an hours discussion at the medical conference with him and dagmar. it pays to go to german conferences, you meet your medical team professionally and personally and its a free consult.

no replies here yet, come on, can some wish me well. i just drove 7 hours across germany in a snow storm to get here. then i made maf314 gcmaf yogurt in the hotel kitchen last night to midnight, then i put this post together.

sorry friends but these series of posts, removab and dendretric cell are the most cutting edge serious therapies that we can access. their are options to hardcore chemo, just saying and sharing... even if you don't agree with my choice you could wish me well, otherwise i will comeback and haunt this board. but don't worry that will be in another 54 years. i am still aiming at 100.
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member

thanks pete, great post
    I wokeup, 5 am fresh and excited, getting prepared for my 10am with dr thomas nestlehut.
    i have already done an hours discussion at the medical conference with him and dagmar. it pays to go to german conferences, you meet your medical team professionally and personally and its a free consult.

no replies here yet, come on, can some wish me well. i just drove 7 hours across germany in a snow storm to get here. then i made maf314 gcmaf yogurt in the hotel kitchen last night to midnight, then i put this post together.

sorry friends but these series of posts, removab and dendretric cell are the most cutting edge serious therapies that we can access. their are options to hardcore chemo, just saying and sharing... even if you don't agree with my choice you could wish me well, otherwise i will comeback and haunt this board. but don't worry that will be in another 54 years. i am still aiming at 100.

Okay Pete
    LOL, wish you well.
    Glad you made it safe after driving in the snow storm.
    Hugs,
    Winter Marie
  • wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member

Okay Pete
    LOL, wish you well.
    Glad you made it safe after driving in the snow storm.
    Hugs,
    Winter Marie

Sorry, Pete
    Not ignoring you and I definitely wish you well. Just a lot going on here now.

Luv,

Wolfen
  • steved
    steved Member Posts: 834 Member

thanks pete, great post

European time posts
    Pete, you wil get used to the fact that those of us in Europe are out of synch with the larger us contingent in posting time so delays on replies are common- you did only wait six hours!

Anyway, I do wish you luck- I haven't read much on treatments you are having and the stuff in your post above doesn't really give me much understanding so will try to find time to understand more. It is still very experimental in its development with a lot of unknowns so I do hope it goes well for you and the good thing is none of what you are doing now rules out more mainstream treatments down the line if necessary.

Will be following your progress closely and esp interested in the scan results which I guess will be a nervous time for you and your family.

All the best,

Steve
  • Chelsea71
    Chelsea71 Member Posts: 1,169 Member

thanks pete, great post

Happy you arrived safely.
    Happy you arrived safely. Wishing you the very best of luck. Anxious to hear all about it.

Chelsea
  • smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member
    Chelsea71 said:

Happy you arrived safely.
    Happy you arrived safely. Wishing you the very best of luck. Anxious to hear all about it.

Chelsea

Best wishes on your
    Best wishes on your treatment, Pete!!! Keep us posted.
  • tommycat
    tommycat Member Posts: 790 Member

thanks pete, great post

LOL
    Thanks Pete, great post!
    I usually don't have a CLUE what you're talking about, but have to say I admire your spirit.
    Your Friend in California~
    Tommycat
  • SharonVegas
    SharonVegas Member Posts: 189
    Pete, You are always amusing
    Pete, You are always amusing and inspiring. Good luck my friend!
    Ron
  • pete43lost_at_sea

thanks pete, great post

thanks everyone, great news i am the first
    i had another amazing meeting with doctor nestlehut.

I am the first rectal patient in the world to try the vaccine and the new peptide to induce a tumour apoptosis. i wanted to be on the cutting edge of science and now i am.

we are doing baseline scans 14 dec when i get my third chemoembolisation with doctor vogel.
    the direct injection of chemo and avastin is positive for the micro tumour environment in that down regulating vegf stops/ prevents minimises the tumours ability to suppress the immune response using il2. i have to research this. my mp3 recorder died during the consult.

absolutely no chemo obver xmas, i can just relax with family this summer and pray these vaccines and therapies work, back here on 2feb13 for the second vaccine hit, this will be monthly for the next 6 months.

so i have asked for the german pet and angio ct and mri with contrast. its being organised.

the took 300 ml blood, and have started my vaccine.
    we ordered the latest blood for cd4 and cd8 analysis of my immune system.
    we ordered the bloods for tarlivin and the ketogenic diet test.
    we are ordering today the heavyy metal blood test.
    tomorrow ozone, hyperthermia and ndv injected, the goal being to dilate the tumour microenvironemnt to ensure the virus gets into the tumour cells.

the dreaded immune suppression from my folfox has me worried, my leocytes levels are low and i will see what we can do. i am sure when i get my platinum and mercury out my immune system will bounce back, it takes 7 years i think for our bone marrow cells to regenerate.

i just found a personal trainer here, joined the local gym for 2 weeks and am learning zumba. off to get a message and try my first session of ocothermia and newcastle virus disease.

did i tell you i was born in newcastle.

i get the vaccine next monday.

its bittely cold here.

peace and love to everyone, the therapies i am trying are not widely accepted and have risks, just be happy and have faith in whatever you do, smile and I pray whatever we try works well for each of us, we are all so different. what we have in common is this illness and a desire to live well and help each other.

another exciting day in the search for a cure. one small step for pete, maybe a giant leap for the colorectal community. i can dream that i will be lucky, to be the first on the planet with the most cutting edge science. another xmas present. but who is counting.

see my blog about the school community doing a fund raiser and my reply.

http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=2969302819198622741#allposts/postNum=0

hugs,
    Pete

ps i will get all the details about these therapies and put them here, i got the panadol to cope with the side effects of the ndv.

hugs,
    Pete

ps i should get the exerise post going again, its still a top progostic indicator.
  • manwithnoname
    manwithnoname Member Posts: 402

thanks everyone, great news i am the first
    i had another amazing meeting with doctor nestlehut.

I am the first rectal patient in the world to try the vaccine and the new peptide to induce a tumour apoptosis. i wanted to be on the cutting edge of science and now i am.

we are doing baseline scans 14 dec when i get my third chemoembolisation with doctor vogel.
    the direct injection of chemo and avastin is positive for the micro tumour environment in that down regulating vegf stops/ prevents minimises the tumours ability to suppress the immune response using il2. i have to research this. my mp3 recorder died during the consult.

absolutely no chemo obver xmas, i can just relax with family this summer and pray these vaccines and therapies work, back here on 2feb13 for the second vaccine hit, this will be monthly for the next 6 months.

so i have asked for the german pet and angio ct and mri with contrast. its being organised.

the took 300 ml blood, and have started my vaccine.
    we ordered the latest blood for cd4 and cd8 analysis of my immune system.
    we ordered the bloods for tarlivin and the ketogenic diet test.
    we are ordering today the heavyy metal blood test.
    tomorrow ozone, hyperthermia and ndv injected, the goal being to dilate the tumour microenvironemnt to ensure the virus gets into the tumour cells.

the dreaded immune suppression from my folfox has me worried, my leocytes levels are low and i will see what we can do. i am sure when i get my platinum and mercury out my immune system will bounce back, it takes 7 years i think for our bone marrow cells to regenerate.

i just found a personal trainer here, joined the local gym for 2 weeks and am learning zumba. off to get a message and try my first session of ocothermia and newcastle virus disease.

did i tell you i was born in newcastle.

i get the vaccine next monday.

its bittely cold here.

peace and love to everyone, the therapies i am trying are not widely accepted and have risks, just be happy and have faith in whatever you do, smile and I pray whatever we try works well for each of us, we are all so different. what we have in common is this illness and a desire to live well and help each other.

another exciting day in the search for a cure. one small step for pete, maybe a giant leap for the colorectal community. i can dream that i will be lucky, to be the first on the planet with the most cutting edge science. another xmas present. but who is counting.

see my blog about the school community doing a fund raiser and my reply.

http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=2969302819198622741#allposts/postNum=0

hugs,
    Pete

ps i will get all the details about these therapies and put them here, i got the panadol to cope with the side effects of the ndv.

hugs,
    Pete

ps i should get the exerise post going again, its still a top progostic indicator.

Hey Pete
    I was born in Newcastle (UK), bizarre I come back here and you are doing DC vaccine, thats our route too, NDV failed us, just got out of hospital for 4th recurrence, huge tumour, they wanted to send our kid home to die, they changed their minds when we mentioned DC vaccine.

We are doing DC vaccine with tumor lysate ( if all goes to plan) still taking NDV, (our son still has faith in it) Israel can compete with Germany on cutting edge, shame it costs a fortune.

I have some crucial info. on DC vaccines, will mail you it soon.
  • k44454445
    k44454445 Member Posts: 494
    good luck
    just read your post & i am sending good luck to you! i am amazed at how informed you are about all of this. there is a lot of new info for you, but somehow you stay on top of it. amazing!!! stay warm!
    hugs
    judy
  • cinreag
    cinreag Member Posts: 154
    Hello Pete
    If attitude and passion could win this war you would definately be the victor!!!

I hope it all turns out the way you want.

I believe the body was built to heal itself but somewhere along the line something went drastically wrong.

Best of luck, Cindy
  • JayhawkDan
    JayhawkDan Member Posts: 205
    Pete...you crack me up!
    And frankly, I don't really have a clue what you said, but I admire that you do, and you're leaving no stone unturned in your quest to defeat this sonofab!tch. You succeed on two levels -- entertaining and inspiring, I hope it's all successful! Hugs, Dan
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Luck
    Wishing you all the luck during these treatments. Have no clue what it is but it sounds profound. Keep up the great attitude. You still eating tofu?

Kim
  • pete43lost_at_sea

Luck
    Wishing you all the luck during these treatments. Have no clue what it is but it sounds profound. Keep up the great attitude. You still eating tofu?

Kim

thanks Kim, you are a real mate!
    I hate tofu, but still eat it.
    Tonight I did weights and yoga tonight, so I needed some protein.
    Google xmas goose veganism is for the birds
    My diet is evolving, the goose was exceptional.
    Hugs,
    Pete
  • pete43lost_at_sea

Hey Pete
    I was born in Newcastle (UK), bizarre I come back here and you are doing DC vaccine, thats our route too, NDV failed us, just got out of hospital for 4th recurrence, huge tumour, they wanted to send our kid home to die, they changed their minds when we mentioned DC vaccine.

We are doing DC vaccine with tumor lysate ( if all goes to plan) still taking NDV, (our son still has faith in it) Israel can compete with Germany on cutting edge, shame it costs a fortune.

Tony lets do this in public?
    Our dear friends may learn.

Did you do mutated ndv, did you do oncothermia to head?
    You goto get the virus into the tumour, every last screwed up Cell.

What about the snail virus? Other options besides ndv!

For what's worth I'd get an opinion from Dr colic or Ursula Jacob, see my blog.

I have not heard from you and I suspected you boy was in trouble.

You are both in my prayers as all my friends here and at home.

Be strong, my Friend, it's xmas, it's the time for miracles.

Hugs,
    Pete

Ps maybe the Germans have the edge, did your guys share the Nobel prize last year?
    I am renting an apartment here, with lots of Rooms, and a place is reserved just in Case!
    I took out a lease longer than my use by, just for fun!
  • tanstaafl
    tanstaafl Member Posts: 1,313 Member

Hey Pete

overview?
    Tony,
    Sorry you're in the thick of it again. DC sounds promising.

It might be useful if you could clue everyone in on various Dendritic Cell vax sites that you considered or compared. Any summary about costs, availability present and projected, and technical features. Thanks.
  • manwithnoname
    tanstaafl said:

overview?
    Tony,
    Sorry you're in the thick of it again. DC sounds promising.

It might be useful if you could clue everyone in on various Dendritic Cell vax sites that you considered or compared. Any summary about costs, availability present and projected, and technical features. Thanks.

Tans and Pete
    Hi, will put something together wed. too late here now, I have a few places and costs on the HD.
    Shame they don't have a 'sticky' here, it will be lost.
  • pete43lost_at_sea

Tans and Pete
    Hi, will put something together wed. too late here now, I have a few places and costs on the HD.

its reasonable say 10K usd ex travel and accom and food
    i am getting quotes but have already started.
    tans , just read the paper, its done by my doc. they are on the blog.
    if you cannot find dr nestlehut on the net in under 1 min i'll be amazed.
    just email him your ?

hugs,
    Pete
  • manwithnoname

Tans and Pete

Dendritic
    Ok, there are a few variations on the DC vax.
    These vaccines have been used by themselves, with tumour or with oncolytic viruses.

Dr. Chang in NY works with Dr. Marx and Nesslehut from Germany, they do a DC vax combined with NDV, cost is approx. 3000 euros per injection. There is also a Dr. in Cologne doing the same. Im guessing they use strain MTH-68h or PV701.
    I think the full treatment would be $30-$50k.

We want to do a 'tumor' version, Prof. Slavin in Israel does this, cost is $35k for full course 12 injections over 24 weeks. He needs tumor frozen in liquid nitrogen. (this is the only place doing this I have found)

Saisei mirai in Japan do a vacccine from a tumor sample not frozen (formalin) cost is $18k and takes up to 2 months.

DC vax is also available in China, cost is $35k (Google it)

This treatment has been tried more for brain tumours, some people have been 'cured' most have not, when it 'works' it gives the immune system a memory, cancer does not come back. Some people have had regression and very long remission but still eventually died.

This works best with minimum disease, tumour sample of around 2 grams is needed for the lysate version, seems if radiation is used after surgery it will negatively affect the outcome as radiation 'changes' the remaining cells.

Pubmed is full of papers on DC vax, another one is about to be FDA approved ( for GBM ) there are clinical trials all the time for these for various cancers, treatment is low toxicity and out patient based, it has been combined with low dose metronomic chemo for better effect.

Depleting T-reg cells with chemo before injection potentiates the treatment, also being tested are adjuvants like imiquimod at the injection site, we will be doing these. Imiquimod also extends the lifespan of DC cells.

"the 3-year survival rate had increased from 3.2% in historical control patients to 37.5% in vaccinated grade IV glioma patients; and the 5-year survival rate had increased from 0% for historical control patients to 18.8% in vaccinated grade IV glioma patients"