Rick has passed

LivinginNH
LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
I'm simply heartbroken...my wonderful man passed early this morning. I held his hand as he slipped away from me, but we were able to express our deep love for each other right to the end. He had a difficult time passing since he just didn't want to go. After all, he was only 45 yrs. old with two young children. He was the most kind, honest, loving, intelligent man I've ever known. He was an MIT Research Scientist who loved his work as a sonar and radar expert. He also loved sports, especially volleyball. He coached the women's volleyball team at Rutgers Univ. while working on his graduate degree. He was a very special man, an incredible partner, father, brother and friend. This void in my soul will never heal, but I'm thankful that he was part of my life and enjoyed so many special times together.

Rest in peace my dear love, till I see you again.

Cynthia

Comments

• Maxiecat
    Maxiecat Member Posts: 544 Member
    Cynthia, i am so sorry. I
    Cynthia, i am so sorry. I am in tears right now...Iprayed this morning for Rick. I am so sorry for what you are having to go through right now. Your love story is so inspiring...Rick was loved dearly. You will be in my thoughts and prayers in the days to come. I can't imagine having to leave my children while they are still young...I just turned 46 a couple of weeks ago. I know his children will miss him dearly... But knowing what a good person Rick was will hopefully help heal the heartache. please hold on to your memories of your time together...God has another angel up in heaven.

Alex
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Dearest Cynthia
    There are no words to say which can ease the pain and loss you are feeling.

Just know that we loved Rick as a brother, through your words.

As we love you as a sister. Please stay in touch with us as you can.

Prayers that you will find an inner strength to sustain you in the days to come, and that your heart will be lightened a bit each day as you remember his love for you and the time you had together.

Hugs and love,

Marie who loves kitties
  • Chelsea71
    Chelsea71 Member Posts: 1,169 Member
    I'm so very sorry. Sounds
    I'm so very sorry. Sounds like he was a wonderful man who touched many lives. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Chelsea
  • ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
    Cynthia To say I am sorry
    Cynthia
    To say I am sorry is not enough my heart aches for you Rick and your entire family
  • wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member
    ketziah35 said:

Cynthia To say I am sorry
    Cynthia
    To say I am sorry is not enough my heart aches for you Rick and your entire family

Cynthia
    Please accept my condolences for your loss. My heart is sad for you and the children. May each of you remember what a fine man he was and find comfort in your fond memories.

Luv,

Wolfen
  • abrub
    abrub Member Posts: 2,174 Member
    I am so sorry for your loss
    Dear Cynthia,

I am so sorry for your loss, but so glad you had the privilege of sharing your lives together.

Sending you wishes of comfort and peace.

May his memory be a blessing.

Alice
  • Cathleen Mary
    Cathleen Mary Member Posts: 827 Member
    wolfen said:

Cynthia
    Please accept my condolences for your loss. My heart is sad for you and the children. May each of you remember what a fine man he was and find comfort in your fond memories.

Luv,

Wolfen

Cynthia,
    I am so sorry to

Cynthia,
    I am so sorry to hear of Rick's death. My heart aches for you and for his children. You have been an incredible caregiver; at his side every hour, every day. I pray that peace will come and strength for the days ahead.

Hugs,
    Cathleen Mary
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Cyn ! You know how a loved both of you, I feel sorry as my
    English doesn't allows me to express all my feelings right now, just know he's going to be always in my mind , Im praying for you both love you always , god bless you and take care of you!
    Rest in peace dear friend Rick!
  • JayhawkDan
    JayhawkDan Member Posts: 205
    I'm so sorry
    for your loss. I'm in tears right now and feel so badly for you and the kids. Rick is pain free now, free of this disease. May God bless you and help you through this very difficult time. Dan
  • dianelynn41
    dianelynn41 Member Posts: 71

I'm so sorry
    for your loss. I'm in tears right now and feel so badly for you and the kids. Rick is pain free now, free of this disease. May God bless you and help you through this very difficult time. Dan

I am so sorry for you loss.
    I am so sorry for you loss. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Diane & Roby
  • Varmint5
    Varmint5 Member Posts: 384 Member
    Oh, Cynthia.
    I am so, so sorry. I understand when you say he didn't want to go - it was the same for my husband 12 years ago. It's time now to take care of yourself and your kids - just remember to breathe and take it an hour at a time, sometimes a minute at a time. You were such a wonderful, supportive wife to Rick during this time. Wishing you comfort. When you feel up to it the support forum www.widownet.org might help. It helped me so much. Thinking of you and so sad to hear this news.

Sandy
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    Varmint5 said:

Oh, Cynthia.
    I am so, so sorry. I understand when you say he didn't want to go - it was the same for my husband 12 years ago. It's time now to take care of yourself and your kids - just remember to breathe and take it an hour at a time, sometimes a minute at a time. You were such a wonderful, supportive wife to Rick during this time. Wishing you comfort. When you feel up to it the support forum www.widownet.org might help. It helped me so much. Thinking of you and so sad to hear this news.

Sandy

Cynthia

Dearest Cynthia....it breaks my heart to read of Rick's passing....your love for this wonderful man shines through your post....
    I send you deepest sympathy and love....

maggie
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Cynthia
    "Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all"
    I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Hugs...
    -phil
  • k44454445
    k44454445 Member Posts: 494
    Cynthia
    i am so sorry. yes Rick was a wonderful person. i am crying for both of you as my heart aches. know that both of you are in my prayers.
    hugs
    judy
  • jasminsaba
    jasminsaba Member Posts: 157 Member
    deeply sorry for your loss
    Dear Cynthia, I am saddened to hear of your beloved husband's passing ... may you and your children find peace, comfort and solace in your treasured memories.
  • Doc_Hawk
    Doc_Hawk Member Posts: 685
    Dearest Cynthia
    I'm so deeply sorry to learn of Rick's passing. May the Lord offer you comfort and strength in this time of your greatest need.

Doc
  • Semira
    Semira Member Posts: 381 Member
    Dear Cynthia
    there are no words... I simply hold ypo
    Petra
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    dear cynthia
    my sincere condolences for you and the children and family, my prayers for you all.

Rick is resting peacefully now and the love you shared is a tribute to each of you. i will remember rick.

if the kind thoughts and prayers sent to your family which are happening around this beautiful planet give you some peace and joy. then the prays will serve a noble purpose for through all the tears maybe a little smile and an awareness gratitude and appreciation for what you have had will warm your heart at this moment.

i pray especially that you have a chance to live peacefully and have some rest now yourself from whats been the biggest test of a marriage.

love and hugs,
    pete
  • ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    So sorry Cynthia
    I accept it but I really can't understand it,Hugs Ron.
  • steved
    steved Member Posts: 834 Member
    Cynthia
    I have followed your story closely for a long time and feel so saddened that Rick is no longer with you. The support and care you have shown him through out this difficult journey has been incredible and a true expression of how valuable he has been to you in your life. As another young fighter of this disease I understand too much of what you have both gone through.

I am pleased you could both continue to express your love till he passed and hope you understand that does not stop now, or ever.

His loss is felt here in this community and around the world.

Steve