Other Side Of The Coin

124»

Comments

• MedScanMan
    MedScanMan Member Posts: 107
    angec said:

Hi Jeff... just wondering
    Hi Jeff... just wondering why the ct scan didn't pick up the bladder issue. That must have been a big surprise. Maybe the scoping is the only true way to see into the bladder. Glad it turned out well.

Wonder No More
    A CT of the Abdomen and Pelvis with contrast will have a look at the bladder, but only to show that it is filling with urine and also the overall outline of the bladder itself. There are some imaging studies that will have a look at the inside of the bladder, but the only way to get a real look-see is with a cystoscopy. Sorry for the late response here. Been driving all day. Happy Turkey Day
    Jeff
  • angec
    angec Member Posts: 924 Member

Wonder No More
    A CT of the Abdomen and Pelvis with contrast will have a look at the bladder, but only to show that it is filling with urine and also the overall outline of the bladder itself. There are some imaging studies that will have a look at the inside of the bladder, but the only way to get a real look-see is with a cystoscopy. Sorry for the late response here. Been driving all day. Happy Turkey Day
    Jeff

I see Jeff. That makes
    I see Jeff. That makes sense. Good thing the doctor went in there to check it, was a fantastic call, I think. I know those long drives.. go rest up and enjoy the night!
  • MedScanMan
    angec said:

I see Jeff. That makes
    I see Jeff. That makes sense. Good thing the doctor went in there to check it, was a fantastic call, I think. I know those long drives.. go rest up and enjoy the night!

Question for you
    Just wondering if I may have misunderstood you. Were you asking about the bladder in your own case, or from my original story? Want to make sure I answered you're question....
    Regards
    Jeff
  • angec

Question for you
    Just wondering if I may have misunderstood you. Were you asking about the bladder in your own case, or from my original story? Want to make sure I answered you're question....
    Regards
    Jeff

Thanks for checking Jeff, I
    Thanks for checking Jeff, I meant in your case. You had a scan that showed the kidney issue but fortunately he found the bladder issue so I wondered why the scan didnt pick that up. By the way, do you still have the micro bleeding? Sorry to hear about that bed, but the free food and beer should make up for it a bit!
  • MedScanMan
    angec said:

Thanks for checking Jeff, I
    Thanks for checking Jeff, I meant in your case. You had a scan that showed the kidney issue but fortunately he found the bladder issue so I wondered why the scan didnt pick that up. By the way, do you still have the micro bleeding? Sorry to hear about that bed, but the free food and beer should make up for it a bit!

Hematuria
    Actually, I have some follow-up blood work and my first U/A coming at the end of this month. I'll know then. I can't imagine that the microscopic hematuria would leave after 40 years. That would mean my 3cm bladder tumor had been growing since 1969. That would be one for the history books.
  • angec

Hematuria
    Actually, I have some follow-up blood work and my first U/A coming at the end of this month. I'll know then. I can't imagine that the microscopic hematuria would leave after 40 years. That would mean my 3cm bladder tumor had been growing since 1969. That would be one for the history books.

Stranger things have
    Stranger things have happened .. LOL Are you getting regular pet scans as well or did I miss that?