Share Good News Here!

joemetz
joemetz Member Posts: 493
I'd like to start a regular post of Good News!

It seems like some of us might be afraid to share the good news (no matter how big or small)... but we all need to hear the good news.

Share it. Whatever you have that's going good... Share it!

Cheers!

Comments

• dmj101
    dmj101 Member Posts: 527 Member
    more responsibility at work
    I am finally being treated mornally at work after a 1 year of cancer..
    I am finally getting more responsibility. It seemed so hard to get them to understand I still had a brain and that wasn't removed..
    I am very happy..
  • joemetz
    dmj101 said:

more responsibility at work
    I am finally being treated mornally at work after a 1 year of cancer..
    I am finally getting more responsibility. It seemed so hard to get them to understand I still had a brain and that wasn't removed..
    I am very happy..

that's good news
    dmj

that's really good news.
    it sure makes you feel good when you can turn that corner.

keep that smile and positive energy flowing!

Joe
  • steveandnat
    steveandnat Member Posts: 886
    Might go home
    Im very excited with the strong possibility of getting out of the hospital tomorrow. Jeff
  • Doc_Hawk
    Doc_Hawk Member Posts: 685
    Great idea!
    Thanks for the suggestion, Joe! And Jeff, congrats! I hope that you do get home tomorrow and get back up to fighting trim very fast.
  • k44454445
    k44454445 Member Posts: 494
    hi joe
    i am still basking in happiness because of my scan results after #6 chemo! all areas,(2 abd, peritoneal, liver, rt ovary) except rt ovary, decreased by at least 1/2 in size. and the peritoneal decreased in number plus what was the largest tumor there went from 5.1cm to 12 mm. also the liver cancer is gone! now the onc thinks i have a cyst on the ovary because it did not respond to chemo. i go monday for #8 chemo tx. hopefully it is decreasing the tumors.
    hugs
    judy
  • k44454445
    k44454445 Member Posts: 494

Might go home
    Im very excited with the strong possibility of getting out of the hospital tomorrow. Jeff

Jeff
    i hope you get out tomorrow!
    hugs
    judy
  • SharonVegas
    SharonVegas Member Posts: 189
    I was saved by the bell! 4
    I was saved by the bell! 4 weeks ago I had my first Zaltrap treatment. Have had 2 since. My abdomen looked like pregnant lady when I started (acites & peritoneal mets). After 1 treatment, it shrank back to its normal size. We were panicking because other chemos didn't seem to work. Now our hope is renewed! For the first time, I'm looking forward to scans.
    Ron
  • cinreag
    cinreag Member Posts: 154
    Good News
    My good news is my best friend and I got a chance to go to the Great Smoky Mountains for three days. I had some bowel issues but I had my "emergency bag" handy and we really had an awsome time.
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member

I was saved by the bell! 4 weeks ago I had my first Zaltrap treatment. Have had 2 since. My abdomen looked like pregnant lady when I started (acites & peritoneal mets). After 1 treatment, it shrank back to its normal size. We were panicking because other chemos didn't seem to work. Now our hope is renewed! For the first time, I'm looking forward to scans.
    Ron

Ron
    I'm VERY happy to hear that Zaltrap is giving you positive results.
    My niece helped develop the drug so I'm obviously very interested
    in how people do with it.
    Continued success.
    -phil
  • Doc_Hawk
    Doc_Hawk Member Posts: 685
    Good news
    I'm still rockin' over the 70+ point drop in my CEA after almost two months and that my magnesium level is only 0.4 points below minimum baseline now! The onc denies it, but I'm betting those levels had to do with the appendix and gall bladder.
  • joemetz

Might go home

awesome Jeff
    awesome Jeff.

Keep fighting and fighting.
  • joemetz
    k44454445 said:

hi joe
    i am still basking in happiness because of my scan results after #6 chemo! all areas,(2 abd, peritoneal, liver, rt ovary) except rt ovary, decreased by at least 1/2 in size. and the peritoneal decreased in number plus what was the largest tumor there went from 5.1cm to 12 mm. also the liver cancer is gone! now the onc thinks i have a cyst on the ovary because it did not respond to chemo. i go monday for #8 chemo tx. hopefully it is decreasing the tumors.
    hugs
    judy

sooooo happy for you
    Judy

keep on basking in happiness.

thanks for sharing!

prayers going your way
  • joemetz

Ron

Great news
    Great News Ron!!!

I hope those scans show that this chemo is kicking cancers butt.

thanks for sharing.

Love reading this great news.

prayers coming your way.
  • joemetz
    Doc_Hawk said:

Good news
    I'm still rockin' over the 70+ point drop in my CEA after almost two months and that my magnesium level is only 0.4 points below minimum baseline now! The onc denies it, but I'm betting those levels had to do with the appendix and gall bladder.

good stuff
    that's good stuff Doc!

keep fighting my man!!!!

thanks so much for sharing and prayers are coming your way
  • joemetz
    cinreag said:

Good News
    My good news is my best friend and I got a chance to go to the Great Smoky Mountains for three days. I had some bowel issues but I had my "emergency bag" handy and we really had an awsome time.

good times, good friends ... Good News!

best therapy for cancer is good times with good friends and creating wonderful memories.

glad you got this chance and thanks for sharing.

have you begun to prepare the next trip???

it's always good to have something to look forward to and to enjoy the time planning a trip with someone you care for and cares for you.

prayers coming your way.
  • barbebarb
    barbebarb Member Posts: 464
    joemetz said:

good stuff
    that's good stuff Doc!

keep fighting my man!!!!

thanks so much for sharing and prayers are coming your way

Good news welcome
    Haven't posted in awhile - so happy to be back to work after 10 months of treatment. Have a cubicle with a window and I feel so blessed. My daughter's 21st birthday is Sunday. Will get to celebrate!
    Enjoying having tastebuds back, walking my dog, and riding my bike.
    Savoring each day.
    Scan in Dec.,,,,,
    Great post -thank you! Love hearing others joy and good news!
  • aggie0053
    aggie0053 Member Posts: 110
    haven't been on in a while
    haven't been on in a while everythings all right, 2 years last july. hope everyone has a happy tnanksgiving
  • toddi1973
    toddi1973 Member Posts: 41 Member
    Good news
    I haven't been posting for a while as I was busy getting my life back in order.
    The stage 2 CRC got confirmed, the colon got removed, J-pouch formed and I got rid of "The Bag" for good.
    Last CEA came back at 1.8 and the outlook is that I am done with CRC for -hopefully- a long long time.
  • joemetz
    toddi1973 said:

Good news
    I haven't been posting for a while as I was busy getting my life back in order.
    The stage 2 CRC got confirmed, the colon got removed, J-pouch formed and I got rid of "The Bag" for good.
    Last CEA came back at 1.8 and the outlook is that I am done with CRC for -hopefully- a long long time.

good stuff
    toddi1973

thanks for sharing your GREAT news!!!!!

so happy for you and so nice to read your good news.

cheers

joe
  • Minnesotagirl
    Minnesotagirl Member Posts: 141
    joemetz said:

good stuff
    toddi1973

thanks for sharing your GREAT news!!!!!

so happy for you and so nice to read your good news.

cheers

joe

Great storyline going here
    Good news here for Minnesotagirl ~ Stage 3B rectal cancer survivor...had 3 month blood work last week and CEA marker came in under 1. Next scan and colonoscopy will be January, 2013. I continue to thank God everyday for the blessing of NED. I pray everyday for all of you who are awaiting that same diagnosis of NED. Blessings to all here!