MDX-1106 16th infusion

foxhd
foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
Holy Cow! Had my sixteenth infusion yesterday. Awesome, awesome awesome. My oncologist is very sweet and caring. She gives me hugs at each visit. So, I decided that I was not only going to hug her back, I decided to kiss her on the forehead during my thank you. Damn, she beat me to it. After the hug she kissed my cheek. I said DAMN! "You beat me to it!" "Because I was gonna do this!" I landed a big one on her forehead! ....Don't I hear from some who feel their Doctor just isn't invested? Well, not mine.....I told her that last year when I had my poor prognosis, I had my yearly cardiology visit. He didn't have too much to say except that my cancer was more important to worry about than my heart. I think to humor me, he rescheduled my yearly follow up appt for november. Probably never expecting me to make it. Boy, am I gonna blow his mind when I see him in 2 weeks! (or when he sees me).... So to all, KEEP THE FAITH!

Comments

• garym
    garym Member Posts: 1,647
    Sweet 16!!!
    I think you should bake a cake and add 16 candles, they'd probably light on their own as soon as you walked into the room. You continue to amaze and inspire, give your doc a hug and a kiss on the lips from me next visit. Rock on!!!
  • alice124
    alice124 Member Posts: 896 Member
    16th infusion
    You continue to rock the cancer world and inspire us at the same time. Also, thank your doctor for all of us for her good care of you. Not sure you have to give her a kiss for each one of us but maybe one collective kiss!
  • tacyarts
    tacyarts Member Posts: 73
    alice124 said:

16th infusion
    You continue to rock the cancer world and inspire us at the same time. Also, thank your doctor for all of us for her good care of you. Not sure you have to give her a kiss for each one of us but maybe one collective kiss!

Maybe you should drink 16 beers to celebrate, even though the pain would be great, it may be worth it. Congrats to you fox you've set many new standards for us to shoot for!!
  • I am alive
    I am alive Member Posts: 315
    tacyarts said:

Maybe you should drink 16 beers to celebrate, even though the pain would be great, it may be worth it. Congrats to you fox you've set many new standards for us to shoot for!!

Sweet sixteen
    Love, love, LOVE your fight'in spirit, Fox. You come to this battle armed and you're slaying the dragon! Makes me smile and fills me with the expectation of more good things to come. Great way to start the day.
  • KJones1969
    KJones1969 Member Posts: 158
    Keep The Faith
    If we would all follow you fox we would be more inspired. Good luck in 2 weeks at your cardiologist appointment.
  • KJones1969
    Keep The Faith
    If we would all follow you fox we would be more inspired. Good luck in 2 weeks at your cardiologist appointment.
  • KJones1969
    Keep The Faith
  • KJones1969
    Keep The Faith
  • pjune127
    pjune127 Member Posts: 127

Keep The Faith

You are my hero
    and you know it. I aspire to be like you and think about it constantly. You're 15 ahead of me. Do you realize how awesome I think that is???

Love you Fox!
    Paula xo
  • Hanno
    Hanno Member Posts: 45
    pjune127 said:

You are my hero
    and you know it. I aspire to be like you and think about it constantly. You're 15 ahead of me. Do you realize how awesome I think that is???

Love you Fox!
    Paula xo

Wish there was a facebook 'like' function in this forum...
    Brave. And modest. And a little cheeky with the medical staff. I love it. That cardiologist visit will be a moment to remember indeed. Keep up the amazing work fox.
  • foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    Hanno said:

Wish there was a facebook 'like' function in this forum...
    Brave. And modest. And a little cheeky with the medical staff. I love it. That cardiologist visit will be a moment to remember indeed. Keep up the amazing work fox.

Thanks everyone
    What blows me away is that I still think that I'm in better shape than most people I see around....Well, maybe not every month.....but still have a pulse in the 50's! Cardiologist laughed last year when I went to my appt. in my high top "Chucks". Sort of like, "You aren't 20 anymore." He is also easy to talk with.
  • Limelife50
    Limelife50 Member Posts: 476
    Good Vibes Fox
    Glad to hear you are just cruisin along.
  • DMike
    DMike Member Posts: 259
    I'm also glad to hear things are going well. I believe all of the care and kindness you offered others during your career is simply coming back to you...in spades!
    Take care, David
  • Texas_wedge
    Texas_wedge Member Posts: 2,798
    DMike said:

I'm also glad to hear things are going well. I believe all of the care and kindness you offered others during your career is simply coming back to you...in spades!
    Take care, David

Foxing the docs
    So glad that even though "you aren't 20 anymore" you still have a pulse!
  • angec
    angec Member Posts: 924 Member
    So glad your visit went
    So glad your visit went well. I don't know if you also had scans taken. Seems like your doc has esp! It really makes a difference when your doctor really cares about you, seems like you found the perfect match! Keep on trucking, or should i say biking? LOL Have a great weekend Fox!
  • RichardB63
    RichardB63 Member Posts: 59
    angec said:

So glad your visit went
    So glad your visit went well. I don't know if you also had scans taken. Seems like your doc has esp! It really makes a difference when your doctor really cares about you, seems like you found the perfect match! Keep on trucking, or should i say biking? LOL Have a great weekend Fox!

Great news!!!
    Now it's the cardiologist turn :-).
    Good luck Fox.

Richarf