Where ever you are?

Dear Denise,

Where ever you are, my love and thoughts are filled with you.

Love Maggie

Comments

• DadysGirl
    DadysGirl Member Posts: 346
    Same here and I read a few
    Same here and I read a few of her posts and felt very sad..
    Could someone tell me how long she's been dealing with the disease and a little background pls???
    Having difficult time lately... Missing my one of a kind Dad terribly...
    Mike and Jim thank you for the msg and response to my post... Will respond soon but can't keep myself away from here to check on Denise...
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    DadysGirl said:

Could someone tell me how long she's been dealing with the disease and a little background pls???
    Mike and Jim thank you for the msg and response to my post... Will respond soon but can't keep myself away from here to check on Denise...

Denise
    I know very little about Denise. She had been posting for a while and started having trouble with her computer and had to come back under a different name. I think the first name she used was SHUTTER BUG.I enjoyed talking to her on here whenever she posted. I know she was having a hard time deciding if she wanted to go thru with the SCT or now. She finally decided to go ahead with it. I get on here several times a day and also find myself looking for some sort of post concerning her outcome. I must admit things do not seem to be looking good,but like everyone else I hope to get on here one day and see where she has posted something. Fingers crossed. John
  • COBRA666
    DadysGirl said:

Denise
    I know very little about Denise. She had been posting for a while and started having trouble with her computer and had to come back under a different name. I think the first name she used was SHUTTER BUG.I enjoyed talking to her on here whenever she posted. I know she was having a hard time deciding if she wanted to go thru with the SCT or now. She finally decided to go ahead with it. I get on here several times a day and also find myself looking for some sort of post concerning her outcome. I must admit things do not seem to be looking good,but like everyone else I hope to get on here one day and see where she has posted something. Fingers crossed. John
  • COBRA666
    DadysGirl said:

Denise
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 said:

Denise

If Only ????
    If only she would have given her personal info to one of the members we would know one way or the other. She didn't and now we don't. John
  • DadysGirl
    COBRA666 said:

If Only ????
    If only she would have given her personal info to one of the members we would know one way or the other. She didn't and now we don't. John

someone had said they knew
    someone had said they knew the hospital she was being treated at if I recall correctly... isn't it possible to at least pass a msg to her kids or husband somehow and perhaps they'd call one of you or post a msg here... i can understand they may not give out info unless you come across a nurse that may but at least they can pass the msg to one her loved ones, that they can do... especially if she is still at the hospital getting treated... even if she is out they could pass the msg to the contact they have listed on her file if one is firm enough to get in contact with them... i thought of this the other day but i'm really going through difficult time with the loss of my WONDERFUL Dad that I forgot to write about it...
  • jimwins
    jimwins Member Posts: 2,107
    DadysGirl said:

someone had said they knew
    someone had said they knew the hospital she was being treated at if I recall correctly... isn't it possible to at least pass a msg to her kids or husband somehow and perhaps they'd call one of you or post a msg here... i can understand they may not give out info unless you come across a nurse that may but at least they can pass the msg to one her loved ones, that they can do... especially if she is still at the hospital getting treated... even if she is out they could pass the msg to the contact they have listed on her file if one is firm enough to get in contact with them... i thought of this the other day but i'm really going through difficult time with the loss of my WONDERFUL Dad that I forgot to write about it...

WVU ?
    I think one of her posts mentioned "wvu" which I assume is West Virginia Univisity but I have no idea if that is where she's getting the transplant.

Think about her every day.

Jim
  • miss maggie
    miss maggie Member Posts: 929
    DadysGirl said:

Grief
    Hello,

Through your grief, you still find the time to be here. Thank you. You can find more
    details and struggles by clicking on her user name. For me right now, this option is too sad for me.

Stay strong, and try and remember the times when your dad was not sick. Love Maggie
  • DadysGirl
    jimwins said:

WVU ?
    I think one of her posts mentioned "wvu" which I assume is West Virginia Univisity but I have no idea if that is where she's getting the transplant.

Jim

Hmmm wasn't she pst
    Hmmm wasn't she pst transplant?
  • DadysGirl

Grief
    Hello,

Through your grief, you still find the time to be here. Thank you. You can find more
    details and struggles by clicking on her user name. For me right now, this option is too sad for me.

Stay strong, and try and remember the times when your dad was not sick. Love Maggie

Thank you Maggie... I hope
    Thank you Maggie... I hope and pray for everyone in this world to value their parents and make them the top priority in their lives respecting them loving them, caring for them as they have for their kids all their lives... and all parents in this world to feel loved and peace in their heart knowing their kids world is them the parents... I have given up so much in my life to be near my parents and every bit of it is worth it... There is nothing more important in this world then ones family ESP. parents... They were in your lives first and when you are planning your lives for future ALWAYS make sure they are still a priority... You won't loose, you will gain much more at the end in this world, and in the next... Just because one gets married goes off to college or has job offers etc... If its going to lessen your love, caring, closeness with your parents, you don't need it... You shouldn't feel less of anything because of a new love, family, job etc... It should be just an addition not interrupting the love, caring for your parents... One should also be there for them not just during illness, one should be there during good times too so they can feel your presence and have a good time, when one is ill, it may be difficult to enjoy kids presence.... Not sure why I wrote these... I just feel like I haven't done enough no matter what I have done and don't want anyone to feel worst form of what I feel if they are not there for their parents.... I was with my one of a kind Dad 24 hrs yet doesn't seem enough... Please everyone be there for your parents and not let anything get in the way so you don't end up feeling hurtful at the end... Love to all...
  • onlytoday
    onlytoday Member Posts: 609 Member
    DadysGirl said:

Thank you Maggie... I hope and pray for everyone in this world to value their parents and make them the top priority in their lives respecting them loving them, caring for them as they have for their kids all their lives... and all parents in this world to feel loved and peace in their heart knowing their kids world is them the parents... I have given up so much in my life to be near my parents and every bit of it is worth it... There is nothing more important in this world then ones family ESP. parents... They were in your lives first and when you are planning your lives for future ALWAYS make sure they are still a priority... You won't loose, you will gain much more at the end in this world, and in the next... Just because one gets married goes off to college or has job offers etc... If its going to lessen your love, caring, closeness with your parents, you don't need it... You shouldn't feel less of anything because of a new love, family, job etc... It should be just an addition not interrupting the love, caring for your parents... One should also be there for them not just during illness, one should be there during good times too so they can feel your presence and have a good time, when one is ill, it may be difficult to enjoy kids presence.... Not sure why I wrote these... I just feel like I haven't done enough no matter what I have done and don't want anyone to feel worst form of what I feel if they are not there for their parents.... I was with my one of a kind Dad 24 hrs yet doesn't seem enough... Please everyone be there for your parents and not let anything get in the way so you don't end up feeling hurtful at the end... Love to all...

Daddy's Girl
    Thank you so much for this. I lost my Mom very unexpectedly when I was 22 years old. I have always talked to friends about the importance of what you said in your note. Love,value and respect your parents every day. I only wish I had more time with my Mom and the thought of people not spending time with theirs when they can makes me sad. You put it very well - I can't think of anything to add.

It's very special that you are staying with us- thank you for sharing your feelings with us. I wish I had magic words to take your pain away, but I don't. But keep expressing how you feel - it's very important to do that. We are here for you- you're part of our family here.

Hugs and prayers for your healing, and prayers for Denise and her family,
    Donna
  • COBRA666
    onlytoday said:

Daddy's Girl
    Thank you so much for this. I lost my Mom very unexpectedly when I was 22 years old. I have always talked to friends about the importance of what you said in your note. Love,value and respect your parents every day. I only wish I had more time with my Mom and the thought of people not spending time with theirs when they can makes me sad. You put it very well - I can't think of anything to add.

It's very special that you are staying with us- thank you for sharing your feelings with us. I wish I had magic words to take your pain away, but I don't. But keep expressing how you feel - it's very important to do that. We are here for you- you're part of our family here.

Hugs and prayers for your healing, and prayers for Denise and her family,
    Donna

Thank You for your post
    Dadys Girl,
    Thank you for your post and sticking with us after losing your Dad. I know you will probably be with us for a while and after a that drift away from us. You will really not have any real reason to stick around. You are most welcome to stay with us as long as you like. We enjoy having you here with us.If you decide to leave us I want to let you know it will take time,but things will get easier as the days and weeks pass.
    BTW: Don't want to be the town cryer,but it has been 16 days since any report about Denise. John
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    jimwins said:

WVU ?

Jim

Information where Denise got her SCT
    Hi guys,
    Denise was being cared for at the Mary Babb Randolph Cancer Clinic in West Virginia. For her inpatient care she would have stayed at the Ruby Memorial Hospital which from what I can tell is where the transplant took place and after care when she got sick. I guess I can call the clinic and the hospital tomorrow and see if they will give us any information about her. Here are the phone numbers if any of you would like to try calling also. Maybe if a bunch of us call we will have a better chance of finding out something. I really don't know what else we can do. We have her at the hospital on 9-21, so maybe that bit of information will help in getting some information on her without having a last name. How many women named Denise would be having a SCT on that day??...ya know? They should be able to figure out who we are talking about, but it will depend on privacy issues if they will tell us anything. I would call tonight, but it's a 3 hour time difference, so it's too late now. Sue

The last post we had from Denise: 09/21/2012 - 7:52pm

"another long day, it started 8am, first i had labs drawed next i had fluids ,thxen i had platelates. the nurse imformed me that if i eat more i wouldnt need so much fluds ihave decided just to put food in my mouth and swallow. blessings denise"

Mary Babb Randolph Cancer 1-304-598-4500
    TOLL free: 1-877-427-2894
    (hours of operation 8:00-4:30)
    ----------------------------------
    Ruby Memorial Hospital
    Admission Desk: 1-304-598-4146
  • COBRA666
    allmost60 said:

Hi guys,
    Denise was being cared for at the Mary Babb Randolph Cancer Clinic in West Virginia. For her inpatient care she would have stayed at the Ruby Memorial Hospital which from what I can tell is where the transplant took place and after care when she got sick. I guess I can call the clinic and the hospital tomorrow and see if they will give us any information about her. Here are the phone numbers if any of you would like to try calling also. Maybe if a bunch of us call we will have a better chance of finding out something. I really don't know what else we can do. We have her at the hospital on 9-21, so maybe that bit of information will help in getting some information on her without having a last name. How many women named Denise would be having a SCT on that day??...ya know? They should be able to figure out who we are talking about, but it will depend on privacy issues if they will tell us anything. I would call tonight, but it's a 3 hour time difference, so it's too late now. Sue

"another long day, it started 8am, first i had labs drawed next i had fluids ,thxen i had platelates. the nurse imformed me that if i eat more i wouldnt need so much fluds ihave decided just to put food in my mouth and swallow. blessings denise"

Ruby Memorial Hospital

Sue,,
    Really appreciate the info. I will be on the phone tomorrow morning.How do you put another post on your post. I can't figure it out. Thats what happens when people like me are computer illiterate. DUH. LOL John
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    COBRA666 said:

Sue,,
    Really appreciate the info. I will be on the phone tomorrow morning.How do you put another post on your post. I can't figure it out. Thats what happens when people like me are computer illiterate. DUH. LOL John

post on a post...
    Hi John,
    I'm not sure, but I think all you have to do is click on the reply box on my post. Thats what I do, but the new post doesn't always show up directly under the persons post I'm responding to..(if that makes sense?) I'm not all that computer savy either...most of the time it's just "dumb luck" when something I try works out! :) I have Lizzy tomorrow, but I will find a quiet time to make my call to the hospital. You are on EST so you will get through earlier than me, so hopefully you will be given information to share with us. My thinking is if a few of us call, our chances are better of finding something out. All we can do is try. Good luck with your call...Sue
    (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)
  • COBRA666
    allmost60 said:

Hi guys,

Ruby Memorial Hospital

Any Answers yet???
    Like Sue says if we all call maybe somebody will tell us something. Depending who is on the admissions desk. They may tell us without coming right out saying it. John
    The last post I saw was on the 28th from her daughter kim.
  • miss maggie
    miss maggie Member Posts: 929
    DadysGirl said:

All that's left
    Good morning,

Thank you for still be here on this site. I do think, it is so healthy for you to express
    just how you feel after losing your dad. I am honored you chose us to share your feelings.

I lost my dad years after my mom passed away. In the beginning I was numb with each passing. Now, years later, all that is left is memories. I have dreams as if they are here.
    I also lost the love of my life, my husband in 2004 from pancreatic cancer. I see all of them around each corner as if they were there. This is all that is left. In my opinion, the memories now keep me going now. I go back in time, remembering all the happiness I
    was blessed to have been given.. Of course, there might have been bumps in the road along the way. We made it through.

I cherished my parent's and my husband. There is no guilt at my end.

I just wanted you to know how eventually you will smile someday. Hugs and love from Maggie