Diseases Associate with Agent Orange

cchqnetman
cchqnetman Member Posts: 119
Anyone can look this up but I thought it might be helpful to some of us to have it posted here.

AL Amyloidosis
Chronic B-cell Leukemias
Chloracne (or similar acneform disease)
Diabetes Mellitus Type 2
Hodgkin’s Disease
Ischemic Heart Disease
Multiple Myeloma
Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma
Parkinson’s Disease
Peripheral Neuropathy, Acute and Subacute
Porphyria Cutanea Tarda
Prostate Cancer
Respiratory Cancers (includes lung cancer)
Soft Tissue Sarcomas (other than osteosarcoma, chondrosarcoma, Kaposi’s sarcoma, or mesothelioma)

Comments

• Samsungtech1
    Samsungtech1 Member Posts: 351
    AO
    I only have two so far. Metastic prostate cancer and ischemic heart disease. I am pretty sure that is enough for me. Of course I have no control over it. I watched a marine friend of mine die of non hopkins lymphoma. He beat it twoce, third time got him. Had to take him to VA center and they put him in this ward where you don't get out. He lasted four days. Do not want that disease. I am sure this prostate cancer is going to be painful, but one bridge at a time. I am in no hurry. Ralph has everything I have plus neuropathy, and diabetes. It is weird not knowing what might be coming next. I figure I had over 40 years more than my friends so it is all good.

Mike
  • ralph.townsend1
    ralph.townsend1 Member Posts: 359 Member

AO
    I only have two so far. Metastic prostate cancer and ischemic heart disease. I am pretty sure that is enough for me. Of course I have no control over it. I watched a marine friend of mine die of non hopkins lymphoma. He beat it twoce, third time got him. Had to take him to VA center and they put him in this ward where you don't get out. He lasted four days. Do not want that disease. I am sure this prostate cancer is going to be painful, but one bridge at a time. I am in no hurry. Ralph has everything I have plus neuropathy, and diabetes. It is weird not knowing what might be coming next. I figure I had over 40 years more than my friends so it is all good.

Mike

Cancer's
    There are new disease's and cancer's that cause by Agent orange. New studies that the government knows about for years are starting to come out. In the case of veteran's as specially Vietnam vets they keeping a their lips close. Brain, Kidney, Bladder, ETC, cancer not attach with prostate cancer is out there and not on the list. By the time I'm gone, maybe yes. Which will be a long time!

So Cchqnetman watch your back and check your body!!!

Oh, like your CAT!!
  • laserlight
    laserlight Member Posts: 165

Cancer's
    There are new disease's and cancer's that cause by Agent orange. New studies that the government knows about for years are starting to come out. In the case of veteran's as specially Vietnam vets they keeping a their lips close. Brain, Kidney, Bladder, ETC, cancer not attach with prostate cancer is out there and not on the list. By the time I'm gone, maybe yes. Which will be a long time!

Oh, like your CAT!!

Always good information
    We as Vets need to hang in there and keep fighting, Agent Orange is bad and continues to claim lives. Information like this is good, this helps other Vets and visitors, Keep up the fight and speak up. I would like to see every Viet Vet get checked and monitored We gave way to much.

Kurt
  • ralph.townsend1

Always good information
    We as Vets need to hang in there and keep fighting, Agent Orange is bad and continues to claim lives. Information like this is good, this helps other Vets and visitors, Keep up the fight and speak up. I would like to see every Viet Vet get checked and monitored We gave way to much.

Kurt

North Texas Tollway's
    The State of Texas will allow all Purple Hearts, Silver Star, and Veteran's with DV License plates to travel on the North Texas toll roads for free. Just one toll road in Houston will not, which is own by another company. This will start on 10/15/2012!
  • cchqnetman

Cancer's

Oh, like your CAT!!

The cat
    Ha Ha. Thanks. We (the wife and I) love our cats! We have four now. We have lost two to cancer. My wife has had two types of cancer (cervical and thyroid). Maybe we should have the water tested. I just had a CT scan done because they are watching a nodule on my lung. Never smoked (anything) in my life.

Thanks for the info!

Best of luck to you!

David
  • ralph.townsend1

The cat
    Ha Ha. Thanks. We (the wife and I) love our cats! We have four now. We have lost two to cancer. My wife has had two types of cancer (cervical and thyroid). Maybe we should have the water tested. I just had a CT scan done because they are watching a nodule on my lung. Never smoked (anything) in my life.

Thanks for the info!

Best of luck to you!

David

Cats
    Stange enough, we had four cats and we lost two from cancer. My wife also had Breast cancer and is a survior. Well good luck with your fight and if you having pain in your chest. Heart disease might be something to check and maybe a stress test. it is Agent orange related! Yes the water is source of cancer, because of all the chemical's.
  • Samsungtech1

The cat

Thanks for the info!

Best of luck to you!

David

Nodule
    David,
    That is how my cancer started. It was in my lung from the beginning of prostate cancer diag. Urologist blamed it on smoking even though I quit in 1985. Anyhow after about six months my nodule was joined by four friends. They did a biopsy and found it was prostatecancer. They tried everything they could do, but ended up cutting on me. It is not fun. Lower ribs still numb almost 18 months later. Figure it will stay that way. Did what they call radiosurgery on me. High radiation precision aimed. Killed them. Clear right now. Be careful with this. Also while the nodules were growing my breathing got harder. BP Went up. My GP sent me to a heart Dr.. He justput me on the table. My LAD was blocked. Called the widow maker. Got a stent. AO is serious stuff. Be aware, or just be lucky like me.

Good luck,

Mike
  • cchqnetman

Nodule
    David,
    That is how my cancer started. It was in my lung from the beginning of prostate cancer diag. Urologist blamed it on smoking even though I quit in 1985. Anyhow after about six months my nodule was joined by four friends. They did a biopsy and found it was prostatecancer. They tried everything they could do, but ended up cutting on me. It is not fun. Lower ribs still numb almost 18 months later. Figure it will stay that way. Did what they call radiosurgery on me. High radiation precision aimed. Killed them. Clear right now. Be careful with this. Also while the nodules were growing my breathing got harder. BP Went up. My GP sent me to a heart Dr.. He justput me on the table. My LAD was blocked. Called the widow maker. Got a stent. AO is serious stuff. Be aware, or just be lucky like me.

Good luck,

Mike

Thanks
    Thanks for the heads up. I am pretty new to following this disease (I have been kind of ignoring it for a long time (1999)). I was not aware that if they found cancer somewhere else they could determine that it was prostate cancer that had metastasized.

David
  • Samsungtech1

Thanks
    Thanks for the heads up. I am pretty new to following this disease (I have been kind of ignoring it for a long time (1999)). I was not aware that if they found cancer somewhere else they could determine that it was prostate cancer that had metastasized.

David

Cancer
    David,
    The reason they do a biopsy, if it is needed, is to see where cancer originated. They treat all cancers differently. Not sure what they could do differently withl lung nodules. Hope there was a reason because that is one bad biopsy, if theyhave to cut. How big was the. Nodule? Dr Kersch, the dr who oversaw my radiation, told me that after 1.5 cm not much they can do. Watchful waiting does not work on lung nodules. It could be a calcium deposit. Calcium deposits are very slow growing. Cancer can be fast. Mine stayed the same for about six months. I was getting checked every 3 months. Iuppedthetest to six months. They doubled during that time. Sneaky. Make sure they watch this.

Mike
  • cchqnetman

Cancer
    David,
    The reason they do a biopsy, if it is needed, is to see where cancer originated. They treat all cancers differently. Not sure what they could do differently withl lung nodules. Hope there was a reason because that is one bad biopsy, if theyhave to cut. How big was the. Nodule? Dr Kersch, the dr who oversaw my radiation, told me that after 1.5 cm not much they can do. Watchful waiting does not work on lung nodules. It could be a calcium deposit. Calcium deposits are very slow growing. Cancer can be fast. Mine stayed the same for about six months. I was getting checked every 3 months. Iuppedthetest to six months. They doubled during that time. Sneaky. Make sure they watch this.

Mike

Nodule
    Mike,
    It was 8mm a month ago. I had a CT scan yesterday (Yep, the VA works on Sunday here). I don't have the results from it yet. Probably in a day or two.

Thanks

David
  • Kongo
    Kongo Member Posts: 1,166 Member

The cat

Thanks for the info!

Best of luck to you!

David

Test the Water
    Maybe you SHOULD have the water tested. I've often wondered about various posts over the two years or so since I've been a member of this forum and read of both husband and wife suffering from various forms of cancer at the same time. (Not to mention pets)

Maybe it's just bad luck, but there are plenty of cancer hot spots around the country that have a variety of cancers well above the statistical average. It's not just the "water" but a host of environmental factors that affect us.

Your state keeps records of reported cancers by area. I hope you check it out.

Those of us who served in Vietnam and elsewhere have seen more than their fair share of weird things happening to us years later. Gulf War syndrone is another example. As a veteran of Vietnam, Granada, the Tanker War, and two Gulf wars I've seen plenty but am reluctant to pin my prostate cancer on any of them. The Navy has less of these problems than those on the ground and my afloat duties never involved a visit any Vietnamese ports, (we operated from Yankee Station) but the toxins we routinely dealt with during all those years have the potential to come back and visit us later.

I salute to all veterans who served on the ground in Vietnam or elsewhere and are continuing to pay the price for service to our country.

Best,

K
  • ralph.townsend1
    Kongo said:

Test the Water
    Maybe you SHOULD have the water tested. I've often wondered about various posts over the two years or so since I've been a member of this forum and read of both husband and wife suffering from various forms of cancer at the same time. (Not to mention pets)

Maybe it's just bad luck, but there are plenty of cancer hot spots around the country that have a variety of cancers well above the statistical average. It's not just the "water" but a host of environmental factors that affect us.

Your state keeps records of reported cancers by area. I hope you check it out.

Those of us who served in Vietnam and elsewhere have seen more than their fair share of weird things happening to us years later. Gulf War syndrone is another example. As a veteran of Vietnam, Granada, the Tanker War, and two Gulf wars I've seen plenty but am reluctant to pin my prostate cancer on any of them. The Navy has less of these problems than those on the ground and my afloat duties never involved a visit any Vietnamese ports, (we operated from Yankee Station) but the toxins we routinely dealt with during all those years have the potential to come back and visit us later.

I salute to all veterans who served on the ground in Vietnam or elsewhere and are continuing to pay the price for service to our country.

Best,

K

Blue Water Veteran
    Kongo you have check the latest Agent Orange Blue water list?
  • Kongo

Blue Water Veteran

Blue Water List
    Oh yeah. For a qualifying navy ship (blue water or otherwise) to meet the criteria its crew must have operated in Vietnamese inland waterways or stepped ashore, even briefly. ENTERPRISE didn't do that.
  • Kongo

Blue Water Veteran

Blue Water List
    Oh yeah. For a qualifying navy ship (blue water or otherwise) to meet the criteria its crew must have operated in Vietnamese inland waterways or stepped ashore, even briefly. ENTERPRISE didn't do that.
  • ralph.townsend1
    Kongo said:

Blue Water List

Carrier
    DIOXIN ON THE CARRIERS
    A Report on the Contamination of Aircraft Carriers
    off the Coast of Vietnam

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIOXIN ON THE CARRIERS is a well-researched refutation of the statements by the Department of Veterans Affairs that there was no dioxin on board the aircraft carriers that served offshore Vietnam between 1962 and 1975. This paper presents clear indication that the deck crews, and most probably the entire crews, of the carriers were exposed to dioxin that flew in on the jets returning from missions over South Vietnam.
    This information should be filed with initial claims for disabilities caused by exposure to dioxin-based herbicide in Vietnam by the crew of aircraft carriers. In the event a denial has already been received, this should be filed as new and material evidence to re-open the claim. Alternatively, because this information was withheld from you by the VA and not released to you by the Veteran's Claims Assistance Act (VCAA), it may constitute a Clear and Unmistakable Error(CUE). Speak with your Veterans Service Officer about this.

The possibility of Clear and Unmistakable Error is based on there being available government or industry documentation that clearly states that this mode of transport of particles is a common occurrence in the aviation industry. Aviation textbooks and Airman Training guides may well have contained this information.

Just a little information, There is a site that has more info.
  • Kongo

Carrier
    DIOXIN ON THE CARRIERS
    A Report on the Contamination of Aircraft Carriers
    off the Coast of Vietnam

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIOXIN ON THE CARRIERS is a well-researched refutation of the statements by the Department of Veterans Affairs that there was no dioxin on board the aircraft carriers that served offshore Vietnam between 1962 and 1975. This paper presents clear indication that the deck crews, and most probably the entire crews, of the carriers were exposed to dioxin that flew in on the jets returning from missions over South Vietnam.
    This information should be filed with initial claims for disabilities caused by exposure to dioxin-based herbicide in Vietnam by the crew of aircraft carriers. In the event a denial has already been received, this should be filed as new and material evidence to re-open the claim. Alternatively, because this information was withheld from you by the VA and not released to you by the Veteran's Claims Assistance Act (VCAA), it may constitute a Clear and Unmistakable Error(CUE). Speak with your Veterans Service Officer about this.

The possibility of Clear and Unmistakable Error is based on there being available government or industry documentation that clearly states that this mode of transport of particles is a common occurrence in the aviation industry. Aviation textbooks and Airman Training guides may well have contained this information.

Just a little information, There is a site that has more info.

Interesting
    I will look into it. Thanks.
  • dwhite1031
    dwhite1031 Member Posts: 26
    THANKS VETS!
    To all of you veterans! THANK YOU!

For the Vietnam era veterans, it's long overdue...."WELCOME HOME!"

We have a nephew in the 82nd we are very close to that did a tour in Iraq and is just back from Afghanistan. We thank the Lord he's home safe!
  • ralph.townsend1

THANKS VETS!
    To all of you veterans! THANK YOU!

For the Vietnam era veterans, it's long overdue...."WELCOME HOME!"

We have a nephew in the 82nd we are very close to that did a tour in Iraq and is just back from Afghanistan. We thank the Lord he's home safe!

Thank Him!!
    These guys in Irag and Afghanistan help make me honor myself and my service. They had a rough time. I hope VA take care them, because after vietnam Confict was over in about 5 year 1978. They forgot us even more, until the admission of Agent orange.

Thankful of your Nephew service to our Country!!!

God Bless the USA!