HI MATES IT IS FRIDAY HERE ! ANY INTERESTING PLAN FOR THE WEEKEND?

pepebcn
pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
I think beach season is gone! Off! No more for this year, well...tomorrow wedding of a niece ! Boring and expensive! Specially my wife,s dress! LOL.
What about you mates?

Comments

• Luckygirl2
    Luckygirl2 Member Posts: 308
    rainy weather
    for the weekend...going to take it easy, IF I can't talk my sweet husband into taking me to Ponca to see the Elk. I'm thinking it would be a really great weekend for the drive.
  • Doc_Hawk
    Doc_Hawk Member Posts: 685
    Weekend plans
    Just had to check the weekend post before heading out. I'm gonna take the Gulfstream IV out to your part of the world, Pepe. Tomorrow I'll be in my first ever bull fight in Madrid. Just hope I look good in the matador costume. Sunday will be a quick trip to Santorini to dive around the ruins followed by a wonderful festa on the island before jetting back home on Tuesday.

Oh, wait a sec ... I gotta dial back on the meds and lower the oxygen level. I'm hallucinating again! Reckon I'll just stay home and rest up.
  • luvinlife2
    luvinlife2 Member Posts: 172 Member
    Same here :)
    Doing the same as you Pepe! Going to my niece's wedding. It's on the island so I'll probably take the opportunity to visit friends for a few days while I'm there.

Have a fun time, but don't tell your wife her dress is boring unless you want to sleep on the sofa!!!! LOL

:)
  • k44454445
    k44454445 Member Posts: 494
    short vaca
    i feel ok so we decided to come to gettysburg,pa ( 9hr trip) to tour the battlefields. so glad to get to go as my good days are getting shorter due to chemo. had a set back as on sept 11 i was dx with a dvt left axillary vein. port is ok so that is good! had to do 10 injections of lovenox & 1x/day 5.0 coumadin tab. not regulated yet. i just take 2.5 coumadin tab 1x/day with a blood test that will be done on monday when i go for chemo #6. i am so thankful that i feel good! pepe you enjoy that wedding & i bet your wife looks great in that dress!!! eat some cake for me! i wish a very good weekend for everyone!!!
  • k44454445
    k44454445 Member Posts: 494
    Doc_Hawk said:

Weekend plans
    Just had to check the weekend post before heading out. I'm gonna take the Gulfstream IV out to your part of the world, Pepe. Tomorrow I'll be in my first ever bull fight in Madrid. Just hope I look good in the matador costume. Sunday will be a quick trip to Santorini to dive around the ruins followed by a wonderful festa on the island before jetting back home on Tuesday.

Oh, wait a sec ... I gotta dial back on the meds and lower the oxygen level. I'm hallucinating again! Reckon I'll just stay home and rest up.

you make me laugh
    Doc, you really lift my spirits & make me laugh when i read your posts! and i always start out believing you!!! thank you!
  • JayhawkDan
    JayhawkDan Member Posts: 205
    Vail, Colorado
    Drove here today -- one of the nice things about living in Kansas is it's next door to the Rockies. The fall colors are spectacular! Going to the iconic Maroon Bells near Aspen tomorrow. Having a great time with the family, including our 8 week old grandson. Dan
  • steveandnat
    steveandnat Member Posts: 886
    Doc_Hawk said:

Weekend plans

Too funny
    I was buying it hook line and sinker! Jefg
  • Doc_Hawk
    k44454445 said:

short vaca
    i feel ok so we decided to come to gettysburg,pa ( 9hr trip) to tour the battlefields. so glad to get to go as my good days are getting shorter due to chemo. had a set back as on sept 11 i was dx with a dvt left axillary vein. port is ok so that is good! had to do 10 injections of lovenox & 1x/day 5.0 coumadin tab. not regulated yet. i just take 2.5 coumadin tab 1x/day with a blood test that will be done on monday when i go for chemo #6. i am so thankful that i feel good! pepe you enjoy that wedding & i bet your wife looks great in that dress!!! eat some cake for me! i wish a very good weekend for everyone!!!

Gettysburg
    I went to visit Gettysburg in Jan. 2011 and stayed at a hotel on Seminary Ridge where Lee's headquarters were located. Unfortunately, being off season, not much was open for tourists. When I was a History undergrad, the American Civil War was my field of interest.
  • Doc_Hawk

Too funny
    I was buying it hook line and sinker! Jefg

I'm glad that you get a laugh out of the posts, that's what I'm aiming for. Maybe some weekend I'll actually have something exciting to post about.
  • taraHK
    taraHK Member Posts: 1,952 Member
    weddings!
    I'm going to Taiwan for the weekend for the wedding reception of an old friend. So, Pepe, you and I will both be at wedding events! Don't ask me how much my dress cost!

It's a four-day weekend here in Hong Kong -- Moon Festival (aka MidAutumn Festival).

Tara
  • abrub
    abrub Member Posts: 2,174 Member
    Tomorrow a party
    Tomorrow, an early Oktoberfest party. Sunday, a visit to my sister's alpaca farm with my Spanish friend (of paella fame) and her 3 little boys (aged 9, 9, and 10).

Good to keep busy - Monday at 7:30, I have a breast biopsy.
  • ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
    Going to a play
    Going to a play entitled " A discussion between Macolm X and President Obama". This should be interesting. Then we are going out to an Indian restaurant for dinner.

My mom has me starting another book called "the Healing" about slavery by some author called Jonathan Odell. OMG google him. I can't explain him because the board Nazi might get me. I see my mom next week. She sends her love to everyone. She must be feeling better because she told my dad she was sick of being around a dried up old man. She didn't like anything old but money. LOL she was joking.

-ketz
  • jen2012
    jen2012 Member Posts: 1,607 Member
    Celebrating sweet baby boy's
    Celebrating sweet baby boy's 1st birthday! Can't believe it. My husband has his second treatment today...still without avastin due to biopsy incision not being healed...so we hope he feels good for the party. doing some cooking, cleaning that goes along with the party, plus Church and maybe a fair if we can fit it in.
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    jen2012 said:

Celebrating sweet baby boy's
    Celebrating sweet baby boy's 1st birthday! Can't believe it. My husband has his second treatment today...still without avastin due to biopsy incision not being healed...so we hope he feels good for the party. doing some cooking, cleaning that goes along with the party, plus Church and maybe a fair if we can fit it in.

hokey crackers
    reading this thread is like reading the Lives of the Rich and Famous....hahah go us....can't let a little thing like cancer get US down.

For the past year my hubby has been volunteering to raise money for our brand new gorgeous YMCA, Tonight there is a big party to thank volunteers....held at one of the wealthy homes with all the rich and famous attending:)

as usual yours truly is scared stiff.....boohhooo wish i had new dress. Have fun everyone

thank you again and again pepe.....yup for sure i would not mention your wife's dress

mags
  • wts
    wts Member Posts: 40 Member
    Played my last soccer game
    Played my last soccer game Wed night (we won!). May take bike to the track one last time. Nice date night with the wonder wife.
    Surgery next week. Nerves are setting in..
  • pepebcn

rainy weather
    for the weekend...going to take it easy, IF I can't talk my sweet husband into taking me to Ponca to see the Elk. I'm thinking it would be a really great weekend for the drive.

Hope you can convince him Lucky!
    Enjoy the drive!
  • pepebcn
    Doc_Hawk said:

Weekend plans

So funny mate!
    I'm still convinced they mix something fun in your oxygen !
    LOL.
  • pepebcn

Same here :)
    Doing the same as you Pepe! Going to my niece's wedding. It's on the island so I'll probably take the opportunity to visit friends for a few days while I'm there.

Have a fun time, but don't tell your wife her dress is boring unless you want to sleep on the sofa!!!! LOL

Luv ! Misunderstanding! LOL., my wife,s dress is not boring at
    All! LOL. Wedding is going to be boring! LOL.
    Well...enjoy yours.
    Hugs my friend!
  • pepebcn
    k44454445 said:

short vaca

Will think of you and can send you a pice of pie by DHL! LOL.
    Have a nice battle on Gettysburg my dear K444!
  • pepebcn
    ketziah35 said:

Going to a play
    Going to a play entitled " A discussion between Macolm X and President Obama". This should be interesting. Then we are going out to an Indian restaurant for dinner.

My mom has me starting another book called "the Healing" about slavery by some author called Jonathan Odell. OMG google him. I can't explain him because the board Nazi might get me. I see my mom next week. She sends her love to everyone. She must be feeling better because she told my dad she was sick of being around a dried up old man. She didn't like anything old but money. LOL she was joking.

-ketz

LOL. Ketz!
    Your plan sounds interesting, pay my respect to your mom please !
    Big hug!