First 6-month follow-up

dl650a
dl650a Member Posts: 37
Good morning everyone. I don't post a lot, but I follow the forum pretty regularly.

I had my first follow-up x-rays and blood tests last week. The results are still dribbling in (pun intended). Blood counts are back to normal. It was my low hemoglobin that stated this whole journey (not being able to donate blood summer of 2011 after donating for 30 years with no problems). There is the expected (but still surprising to see it in writing) reduction in kidney function, creatinine levels up to 1.16 from 0.76 and a reduction in GFR from ~100 to 70.

I'm still waiting for chest x-ray results, but so far things are looking good.

Ed

Comments

• Texas_wedge
    Texas_wedge Member Posts: 2,798
    First follow-up
    You're obviously in good shape Ed - stay that way.
  • NewDay
    NewDay Member Posts: 272

First follow-up
    You're obviously in good shape Ed - stay that way.

Probably OK
    Hi Ed,

I just saw my Nephrologist this week. I was concerned that my creatinine has gone from .9 before surgery to 1.8, with my GFR dropping from 53 to 33. He said to be patient, that it can take several months for the remaining kidney to stabilize. I guess if he's not worried, I'll try not to be worried. I would just keep an eye on it.

Kathy
  • Limelife50
    Limelife50 Member Posts: 476
    NewDay said:

Probably OK
    Hi Ed,

I just saw my Nephrologist this week. I was concerned that my creatinine has gone from .9 before surgery to 1.8, with my GFR dropping from 53 to 33. He said to be patient, that it can take several months for the remaining kidney to stabilize. I guess if he's not worried, I'll try not to be worried. I would just keep an eye on it.

Kathy

Hi Kathy
    my creatinine went from a 1.8 in june to 1.5 in september so i think over time kidney function will improve
  • icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    Sounds like good Creatine and GFR
    Ed,

Can we trade numbers?

Icemantoo
  • dl650a
    Thanks
    Thanks everyone for your comments. Later last Friday, I finally got the results of the chest x-ray and it is clear. Good for another 6-months!

Ed
  • dl650a
    Thanks
    Thanks everyone for your comments. Later last Friday, I finally got the results of the chest x-ray and it is clear. Good for another 6-months!

Ed

Sorry for the double-up
  • donna_lee
    donna_lee Member Posts: 1,041 Member
    dl650a said:

Thanks

Ed

Sorry for the double-up

6 year
    Tomorrow I have a 6 year CT on the original cancer. I don't count the recurrences very often.
    Checked the records and this will be CT #18. They keep making me come back until they or I can do it right! Add the ultrasounds, nuclear scans of the thyroid, bone scan, PET scan, biopsies, mammograms, and all the X-rays (chest, bronchitis, broken ankle, and thumb tendon nodule) and I almost don't need to wear reflective safety gear at night.

Hope everyone is doing well this week. The leaves are starting to turn colors and fall is in the air. It's football season and a couple of my favored teams won their games. Go Beavers-they beat UCLA.
    Donna
  • alice124
    alice124 Member Posts: 896 Member
    donna_lee said:

6 year
    Tomorrow I have a 6 year CT on the original cancer. I don't count the recurrences very often.
    Checked the records and this will be CT #18. They keep making me come back until they or I can do it right! Add the ultrasounds, nuclear scans of the thyroid, bone scan, PET scan, biopsies, mammograms, and all the X-rays (chest, bronchitis, broken ankle, and thumb tendon nodule) and I almost don't need to wear reflective safety gear at night.

Hope everyone is doing well this week. The leaves are starting to turn colors and fall is in the air. It's football season and a couple of my favored teams won their games. Go Beavers-they beat UCLA.
    Donna

Good luck Donna Lee
    Good luck tomorrow. You are one tough lady and an inspiration to everyone fighting this disease and those that support them. Your fight song seems so effortless!

Football and Fall, probably my favorite season. Our Baltimore Ravens won last night in an awesome game and our Baltimore Orioles look like they just might make the Playoffs this year for the first time in over 20 years. Life is good in Baltimore.
  • Texas_wedge
    Texas_wedge Member Posts: 2,798
    alice124 said:

Good luck Donna Lee
    Good luck tomorrow. You are one tough lady and an inspiration to everyone fighting this disease and those that support them. Your fight song seems so effortless!

Football and Fall, probably my favorite season. Our Baltimore Ravens won last night in an awesome game and our Baltimore Orioles look like they just might make the Playoffs this year for the first time in over 20 years. Life is good in Baltimore.

6 years
    Looking forward to hearing of good results from the latest scan Donna.
  • alice124
    alice124 Member Posts: 896 Member
    dl650a said:

Thanks

Ed

Clear for another 6 months
    That's great news Ed. Keep up the good fight!!!
  • foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member

6 years
    Looking forward to hearing of good results from the latest scan Donna.

Go Donna
    ...but really, only 18 scans in 6 years? Good Luck tomorrow Iron Lady.
  • Digger95
    Digger95 Member Posts: 59
    Woo hoo!
    Ed, glad to hear that your follow-up was good!