Second opinion

Listen up guys, My PSA doubled twice over 3 years to a high of 4.2 that triggered a biopsy
with a Gleason OF 6. Kongo, Hopeful and Opt told me to get a second opinion. Well, John Hopkins came back with, prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia (abbreviated as PIN)and they considered it to be a pre-malignancy, or carcinoma in situ, of the prostatic gland.
Now I know what I am really dealing with, thank you Kongo and Hopeful you have given me my life back. GET THAT SECOND OPINION.

Comments

• jerseyguy891
    jerseyguy891 Member Posts: 18
    Second Opinion
    Dcirrotti, That is great news. What was the results of your biopsy, How many positive cores and what %. I went for a second opinion recently and the Oncologist wants to do his own biopsy which is scheduled for Oct.25th. My original was back in Febuary. I think everyone would wish for your results. Better Than Winning The Lottery.
    You wonder how many guys had treatment who realy didn't need too.
  • hopeful and optimistic
    hopeful and optimistic Member Posts: 2,339 Member
    wonderful news
    I bet that you had tears of relief.

I hope that you keep on watching your diet; that you keep on visiting this site for information that be useful to you in the future.

It would be great if you motivate future posters to get a second opinion for biopsies. You are the success story.
  • laserlight
    laserlight Member Posts: 165

wonderful news
    I bet that you had tears of relief.

I hope that you keep on watching your diet; that you keep on visiting this site for information that be useful to you in the future.

It would be great if you motivate future posters to get a second opinion for biopsies. You are the success story.

goes without saying
    Nothing wrong with the second opinion, This is GOOD news. Keep Us posted.
  • dcirrotti
    dcirrotti Member Posts: 33

Second Opinion
    Dcirrotti, That is great news. What was the results of your biopsy, How many positive cores and what %. I went for a second opinion recently and the Oncologist wants to do his own biopsy which is scheduled for Oct.25th. My original was back in Febuary. I think everyone would wish for your results. Better Than Winning The Lottery.
    You wonder how many guys had treatment who realy didn't need too.

Second Opinion
    jerseyguy891
    Had only one positive core out of 12 @ 15% and it was classified a Gleason 6. Now John Hopkins has identified it as a PIN, suspicious.
  • Kongo
    Kongo Member Posts: 1,166 Member
    Happy
    Glad you got good news but be sure you continue your regular checkups and you might want to browse back and read some of the posts about diet and it's effect on cancer development.

Best to you.

K
  • dcirrotti
    dcirrotti Member Posts: 33
    Kongo said:

Happy
    Glad you got good news but be sure you continue your regular checkups and you might want to browse back and read some of the posts about diet and it's effect on cancer development.

Best to you.

K

Diet
    I have enrolled in a counseled prostate diet plan. Also helping my general health.
  • hopeful and optimistic
    hopeful and optimistic Member Posts: 2,339 Member
    dcirrotti said:

Diet
    I have enrolled in a counseled prostate diet plan. Also helping my general health.

prostate diet plan
    I think that it is great that you are enrolled in a prostate diet plan. This is the first that I've heard of one. Generally the doctors that I come across say to eat a heart healthy diet, "heart healthy is prostate healthy" and leave it at that. There are few doctors, such as Moyad , Myers and Ornish who address diet in detail, however, I find then to be the exception. Also UCSF and probably some other institution publish dietary tips, etc.

Hopefully you will share some of the information that you come across.

Additionally, I wonder if you can share more about this prostate diet plan, is it medically covered?