Treatment plan and surgery in place

herdizziness
herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
Sooo, I will be back on Xeloda (he prefers that to 5FU with the pump for me, thinks it works better, since it's taken over 2 weeks verses a couple of days of chemo fluids)and Avastin again, (I had asked my heart doctor to be taken off of the blood thinners for the heart due to my upcoming colonoscopy last month so can go back on Avastin). He wrote the surgeon while I was in the office to see if he would remove the large tumor from my liver after a bit of chemo, I believe he would like to have my ovaries and other woman parts removed as there appears to be another one hanging around there again, and he said the tumor cells do like to hang around there in women with colon cancer. Heck I went through menopause in my 40's before cancer, didn't have much of a use for them anyway.
So, things will remain pretty much the same for me health wise as that chemo (xeloda) and Avastin did well for me before without side effects, then hopefully surgery on liver and colon and ovary parts. The lung he wasn't worried about too much as he said it is still small and the last time I did chemo, they calcified and he thinks it will do so again to this one (the calcification).
And that's my doctor visit, should be back on the chemo by the end of this week.
Winter Marie

Comments

• Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    That's Me On the Side of the Road - With my Thumb Out...
    Got any room for me to ride along with you?

-Craig
  • Maxiecat
    Maxiecat Member Posts: 544 Member
    Wow Winter Marie... You have
    Wow Winter Marie... You have a lot going on...but your plan sounds good. I hope your new chemo works well for you...no side effects sounds wonderful! When is your surgery. I am of the same mindset with the female organs...if there is any chance of it comming showing up there...then take them out. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Alex
  • RickMurtagh
    RickMurtagh Member Posts: 587 Member
    plans
    plans give us hope don't they? They sure did me. Here is to hoping your plan brings you happiness. You deserve it.

peace and best wishes

Rick
  • herdizziness
    Sundanceh said:

That's Me On the Side of the Road - With my Thumb Out...
    Got any room for me to ride along with you?

-Craig

Craig
    You're always with me, my friend.
    Winter Marie
  • herdizziness
    Maxiecat said:

Wow Winter Marie... You have a lot going on...but your plan sounds good. I hope your new chemo works well for you...no side effects sounds wonderful! When is your surgery. I am of the same mindset with the female organs...if there is any chance of it comming showing up there...then take them out. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Alex

Alex
    They had talked about taking them out on my last surgery, but because they were cutting and taking pieces out of three other organs, I think they decided it would have to wait.
    Thank you.
    Winter Marie
  • herdizziness

plans
    plans give us hope don't they? They sure did me. Here is to hoping your plan brings you happiness. You deserve it.

peace and best wishes

Rick

It's good to see you
    Miss seeing you, yes, it seems the hope springs up and gives a good feeling when they give you the plan, it lets you know they figure you're still got good chances.
    Peace back at you Rick,
    Winter Marie
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Dear Winter Marie
    I am glad that you now have a plan in place and pray that the chemo does well for you with little or no side effects.

When I had my tumor surgery they took all the woman parts. I was told that it was precautionary.

Very glad they moved up your consult and they can get you started soonest on beating this once again!

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties
  • SharonVegas
    SharonVegas Member Posts: 189
    Winter Marie,
    Glad you have

Winter Marie,
    Glad you have a plan! For me, plans give me direction, like swimming for the shoreline instead of treading water in the middle of the ocean with sharks circling! Thanks for sharing and I'm sending good vibes and prayers your way.
    SharonVegas
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    It's a Plan
    Sorry to hear you're back on the chemo-wagon but I'm glad you have a plan...
    -phil
  • jjaj133
    jjaj133 Member Posts: 867 Member
    Dear Winter Marie, I am glad
    Dear Winter Marie, I am glad you have a plan in place and I will be praying for a good outcome.
    I hope your next plan is to go a resort area.
    Hugs,
    Judy
  • herdizziness
    Maxiecat said:

Alex

w
    double post
  • ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    Why don't they
    Just put a zipper in,bit like a colostomy bag,then when they decide everything is fine they can remove the zip and do the final closure. When I see how much crap so many on this board have to wade thru i just find it hard to believe that I got away with just the original cancer and no mets. I am so sorry you have to go thru this. I can only wish you well and hope for your sake that they clean up everything and it leaves you alone from now on.Hugs Ron.
  • ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
    I am so sorry. I am working
    I am so sorry. I am working on finding that hot male nurse for ya. How does channing tatum sound? He was in the movie magic mike about male "dancers". He was a "male dancer" in real life to.

Seriously, we all love you and are sending you prayers.

Ketz
  • smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member
    ron50 said:

Why don't they
    Just put a zipper in,bit like a colostomy bag,then when they decide everything is fine they can remove the zip and do the final closure. When I see how much crap so many on this board have to wade thru i just find it hard to believe that I got away with just the original cancer and no mets. I am so sorry you have to go thru this. I can only wish you well and hope for your sake that they clean up everything and it leaves you alone from now on.Hugs Ron.

My mets were to my "female
    My mets were to my "female parts" and my spleen, how weird is that??? Glad you have a plan, especially one that doesn't involve walking about with a bottle hooked up to you!!! (interestingly my oncologist has the opposite opinion, he thinks 5FU infusion is more effective)....but....who knows....I'm giving xeloda a try....P.S. I like Rons idea of putting in a zipper....
  • Brenda Bricco
    Brenda Bricco Member Posts: 579 Member
    Hi Winter, I can't really
    Hi Winter, I can't really say anything that hasn't already been said. I want you to know that I hate that you have to go back on chemo but I am grateful that you have that option.
    Hang in here with us while we pray you to a better spot.
    GOD's blessings to you.
    Brenda
  • Varmint5
    Varmint5 Member Posts: 384 Member
    Glad to hear this
    Winter Marie,

So happy to hear that you have a plan in place. You have been on my mind. I have no doubt you can kick this down again. I'm glad your treatment never stopped working for you.

Sandy
  • herdizziness
    ron50 said:

Why don't they

OMGosh
    Wouldn't that make it simple, just pull the zipper down, reach in, take the parts and zip her back up again. Thanks Ron and hugs back!!
    Winter Marie
  • herdizziness
    ketziah35 said:

I am so sorry. I am working
    I am so sorry. I am working on finding that hot male nurse for ya. How does channing tatum sound? He was in the movie magic mike about male "dancers". He was a "male dancer" in real life to.

Seriously, we all love you and are sending you prayers.

Ketz

You did good
    the last time on that male nurse, I'm sure you'll come through this time!!! LOL.
    Thanks Ketz!
    Winter Marie
  • herdizziness

Hi Winter, I can't really
    Hi Winter, I can't really say anything that hasn't already been said. I want you to know that I hate that you have to go back on chemo but I am grateful that you have that option.
    Hang in here with us while we pray you to a better spot.
    GOD's blessings to you.
    Brenda

Brenda
    Why thank you kindly for helping me get to the better spot.
    Winter Marie
  • herdizziness
    smokeyjoe said:

My mets were to my "female
    My mets were to my "female parts" and my spleen, how weird is that??? Glad you have a plan, especially one that doesn't involve walking about with a bottle hooked up to you!!! (interestingly my oncologist has the opposite opinion, he thinks 5FU infusion is more effective)....but....who knows....I'm giving xeloda a try....P.S. I like Rons idea of putting in a zipper....

Smokeyjoe
    I guess each onc, has his favorite!!! LOL. I like Ron's idea too!!
    Winter Marie