Starve cancer cells

2»

Comments

• manwithnoname
    manwithnoname Member Posts: 402

Sugar and cancer
    This is interesting, but I'm just now beginning to study this. WHY do normal cells need glucose? I think that they can take proteins and fats and metabolize them into pyruvate, can't they? Correct me, please, if I'm wrong.

I like your idea, but remember that the liver has the process of gluconeogenesis. That's the reason for cachexia, in later stages of cancer. The cancer can has its source of glucose from this process. Remember hydrazine sulfate? It suppressed gluconeogenesis and stabilized cancer growth, but it was not patentable so no one followed it up. If you want to starve the cell of glucose, you've got to stop this process, as well.

Ketogenic diet
    We did this for my son's brain tumour, did find evidence to try it and talked to some of the leading researchers.
    This diet is very hard, I did it with him for moral support.

700 kcal per day for me, less for him, no fruit little carbs, horrible.

It didn't work, in fact the tumour grew rapidly, later found that Metformin would do pretty much the same job.

1 year later recurrence and tried Metformin, didn't work, in fact tumour grew rapidly.

I think they find a better fuel when the glucose is cut.

Be careful
  • Dapsterd
    Dapsterd Member Posts: 291
    Holistic and Good Medical Treatment is my Motto !!
    Alot of good was said by Medi, Stayingcalm, Dennyc, Naypaual, SocceFreaks...etc..they are oldtimers here!!!...
    I am going for the "Gamma Knife" with LC brain mets at 1:30 today, again..instead of surgery again!!. There is more to it with scar tissue..etc that just to "zap" it.
    But Docs are shocked that it did not go elsewhere in my body other that the brain, that usually happens later on down the line with 40% of cancer payients seeing it in theie lifetime!

I do what the Docs say but also take from an MD Onc turned Holistic...good I think!:

1. Lymphtone
    2 LiverTone
    3. Kideytone
    4. Vit c and D
    5. Phyto antioxident
    6. Core extract Olive leaf
    8. Aminogest
    9. Methyl-guard
    10. Fish oil
    11. Inflammaforce
    12. Amino gest
    13. Apple Cider Vinager....nasty!!

I think that's it....it's a **** to take all that stuff daily, ..but like rest of the folks...I do not know, but it wont hurt in between i believe...it cost me approx $225 extra/month... but I simply do not know if it helps???...my Docs dont know too much about it!!!

Best wishes..>Dave
  • sunnyaz
    sunnyaz Member Posts: 582
    Dapsterd said:

Holistic and Good Medical Treatment is my Motto !!
    Alot of good was said by Medi, Stayingcalm, Dennyc, Naypaual, SocceFreaks...etc..they are oldtimers here!!!...
    I am going for the "Gamma Knife" with LC brain mets at 1:30 today, again..instead of surgery again!!. There is more to it with scar tissue..etc that just to "zap" it.
    But Docs are shocked that it did not go elsewhere in my body other that the brain, that usually happens later on down the line with 40% of cancer payients seeing it in theie lifetime!

I do what the Docs say but also take from an MD Onc turned Holistic...good I think!:

1. Lymphtone
    2 LiverTone
    3. Kideytone
    4. Vit c and D
    5. Phyto antioxident
    6. Core extract Olive leaf
    8. Aminogest
    9. Methyl-guard
    10. Fish oil
    11. Inflammaforce
    12. Amino gest
    13. Apple Cider Vinager....nasty!!

I think that's it....it's a **** to take all that stuff daily, ..but like rest of the folks...I do not know, but it wont hurt in between i believe...it cost me approx $225 extra/month... but I simply do not know if it helps???...my Docs dont know too much about it!!!

Best wishes..>Dave

Holistic Approach
    I have to agree with taking a Modern Medicine and a Holistic approach at the same time. After all we are responsible for our own health. I think that if you believe it will work, it makes you feel better. As long as it isn't detrimental to your health, why not try.

So, here is my crazy holistic therapy. I know some will get a chuckle out of this, but I can take it. I do all of the vitamins I am supposed to in order to keep my immune system healthy and bones strong etc. But....I also try to keep my pH on the higher side. I have read that increased pH allows more oxygen to absorb into the body's cells thereby preventing the growth of cancerous cells (known fact that oxygen kills cancer). I don't have lot of time to prepare foods that are on the less acidic and more alkaline side, so I take a short cut. One teaspoon of Baking Soda dissolved in eight ounces of water every night. Talk about YUCKY! I plug my nose and gulp it down. Crazy thing is that I have cured my persistent GERD and chronic diarrhea in the mean time. Probably more information that most of you wanted to know about me since I haven't been posting on the LC board for very long. I am a nurse I don't really have qualms about discussing bodily functions. Anyway, I go for an Ultra Sound in a couple of weeks to find out if the Lymph node that was found five and a half months ago has grown. This is not a result of LC but metastatic Thyroid cancer.

Blessings,
    Julie-SunnyAZ
  • cdog1
    cdog1 Member Posts: 2
    openmind said:

Pyruvate
    I think the fact that you are trying to logically come up with something that will give the body the necessary energy that glucose does while not "FEEDING" the tumor is commendable because I am very tired of people who think that the physician is all knowing when the treatment that they recommend either only postpones the inevitable or causes other health issues and science is not open to finding a real cure for cancer. It is out there, I am absolutely certain that cancer research is only going as far as the "pharmaceutical" companies will allow; if they can't make money from it; it just ain't going to get attention. I am sorry to offend anyone, but I am a 17 year breast cancer survivor and a daughter of a cancer victim and a friend of someone who is dealing with lung Ca metastasized to the brain so I say that if someone wants to use Pyrvuvate, or any other natural means whether it is a supplement or meditating; let them be; as long as there is nothing that will stop the effectiveness of their treatment. Please give this guy a break; all I saw were people who wanted to shut him up; he has a point; and as far as your body needing glucose; yes it does, but you can get glucose from vegetables and fruit; you don't need to eat candy bars to get it (look at the other ingredients in that candy bar) its not the glucose that is the problem.....we are killing ourselves with all of the "crap" that is in processed foods, chemicals, dyes, artificial things, this is what is causing all of the cancer, not to mention the cigarettes! Why isn't someone banning the use of cigarettes!!!!~

processed food and cigerettes
    Me thinks your on the right track.I believe that to have a fighting chance one has to change everything that brought this desease on.For me thats cigerettes and all the other garbage in processed and cheap food.I'm avioding both while hopefuuly getting treatment with at least som, science and track record behind it.In the end whatever god wants he's gonna get.GOOD LUCK!