BMS93558* Votrient trial (formerly MDX 1106)

2»

Comments

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member

Update
    Thanks for that Alice. Anyone who could handle 24 doses of HDIL2 will come out well ahead on the current trial. I can't wait to see John mount the podium alongside Fox!

next scan
    Alice, the one thing I am learning is that every scan is anxiety producing. Make us proud John! T-W, don't hand out the trophy until all the votes are in. I won't give it back without a fight.
  • aditya_fighter
    aditya_fighter Member Posts: 20
    MDX 1106/ Votrient
    Dear All

I had been reading posts on this discussion board since last 4-5 days and believe me, I have got connected with all of you. I am getting so much inspiration and strength, after reading all positive thoughts of yours.

Can somebody please tell me, whether MDX 1106 and Votrient are same or different drugs. How do you take MDX 1106. Is it oral or infused through IV line.

I am thinking of seeking the opinion of MD Anderson Cancer Institute in Houston, Texas regarding my further treatment. Whether Votrient is good enough for me or HD IL2 or MDX 1106 would be more suitable. The brief history of my case is as under

Name Aditya
    Native India
    Sex Male
    Age 51 years
    Weight 86 Kg (lost 9 Kg during the surgery etc)
    Symtoms Acute cough for last 2 years

Diaganosis RCC, clear cell carcinoma on 21.5.12. Tumor size 16cmx11cmx10cm. Some pulmonary nodules/metastasis of very small size (uptake value 1.9 cms) detected in PET scan. No evidence of active desease anywhere else in the body.

Radical nephrectomy done on left kidney on 25.5.12. Cough totally vanished. Put on Votrient 800 mg OD since 10.6.12. No scan done after surgery. Next scan due in mid Sept 12. Good prognosis, no co-morbadities, general health is good.

I am in a confused state of mind, because in India, medical oncos are not adequately experienced with HD IL2 or MDX 1106 etc. I also understand that if I remain on Votrient for long, say 3 months or so, then I would not be able to take HD IL2, even if it is advised at a later date. Some of my relatives, who are doctors, are advising me to seek opinion from MD Anderson Institute.

Dear ones, can somebody guide me in this matter, as to, what should I do. I would also like to know about costs of these treatments as my insurance does not cover international treatment, so I would like to know whether I would be able to afford it or not.

I would be grateful for your help.

Aditya