New update

arlekim
arlekim Member Posts: 47
Hola, como estan todos?

An update on my condition. I'm recovering very slow after my VAST surgery back in march. The coughing had subsided a bit but now is gotten stronger n constant. Docs don't know y this is happening... Well hello!!!!! Maybe cause I have a 5 mm nodule on my upper left lung Which they missed on all of the previous scans.. My doc says " we were so focused on ur lower lobe that we missed checking the upper left n right lung" oh really?? How about the radiologist not putting it on the report!!! Now they r checking up on me on a wkly basis. To top it off, my body is producing these cyst n fibroids like crazy. Have had 3 cyst drained from my breast n will need surgery in 3-4 wks to remove a fibroid from uterus.. Go figure my out come, needed no chemo or radiation but I believe my body is making up for it.. I'm becoming more n more tired. I told my surgeon " I feel like I'm fighting a battle that I have'nt begun to fight." His response was "it's not like u to say something like this, we need to find out what is going on.."
Well, I think they do...!! But I'm still standing n will enjoy my 4th of July...

Will keep u posted on my upcoming surgery.. PS: I will b going into surgery w/ regular anasthecia, my pcp didn't n won't approve for intubation due to the VAST SURGERY... Oh well...

Happy 4th of July to all

Marcia

Comments

• dennycee
    dennycee Member Posts: 857 Member
    Happy Independance Day
    Hi Marcia,
    I am glad the VATS went well but That nodule is awful. I don't know how they could miss it honestly, unless the radiologist just looked till he found the first suspicious spot. If you were my sister, I would not hesitate to make you an appointment for 2d opinion before your surgery.
  • arlekim
    dennycee said:

Happy Independance Day
    Hi Marcia,
    I am glad the VATS went well but That nodule is awful. I don't know how they could miss it honestly, unless the radiologist just looked till he found the first suspicious spot. If you were my sister, I would not hesitate to make you an appointment for 2d opinion before your surgery.

Hi
    Hola Denny, I have 3 different pulmonologist (in case I don't like what one of them says, I go to the others) that I speak to, n thnk God I have doctors in my fam. I guess the radiologist was busy keeping an eye on the bigger spot. But now I'm really on top of checking everything. Tanks for responding back.
  • barbebarb
    barbebarb Member Posts: 464
    arlekim said:

Hi
    Hola Denny, I have 3 different pulmonologist (in case I don't like what one of them says, I go to the others) that I speak to, n thnk God I have doctors in my fam. I guess the radiologist was busy keeping an eye on the bigger spot. But now I'm really on top of checking everything. Tanks for responding back.

Hola Marcia
    Hello-I am sorry to hear of your other findings. Sounds like you have the teams lined up to get you in shape.
    I am still recovering from my left lower lung lobectomy - ugh...it has taken so long.
    I am now dealing with another lung nodule? Suspisious? They think after my two surgeries it appeared and I was off chemo! So far it has been stable.
    I have one more chemo treatment and a scan. Hoping for a good outcome. I am a recital cancer stage IV....
    Hope you are feeling better.
    Barb
  • arlekim
    barbebarb said:

Hola Marcia
    Hello-I am sorry to hear of your other findings. Sounds like you have the teams lined up to get you in shape.
    I am still recovering from my left lower lung lobectomy - ugh...it has taken so long.
    I am now dealing with another lung nodule? Suspisious? They think after my two surgeries it appeared and I was off chemo! So far it has been stable.
    I have one more chemo treatment and a scan. Hoping for a good outcome. I am a recital cancer stage IV....
    Hope you are feeling better.
    Barb

Hola Barb
    These radiologist need to stopped up their game.. How can you miss a nodule? Bunks they are all on their tippy toes.. When I call, they jump.. But we must keep the faith. I'm gonna tell you this, that VAST surgery is HELL !!!! One of my pulmonologist said "you will never be the same ever again.." Well! U removed one of my 5 lungs!! Silly doc... But I'm doing much better, I still have pain n discomfort but not using the lido dream patch or those horrible addictive pills.. Sticking to Advil..

I'm glad u r doing better. Will keep u in my prayers...

Marcia