• here4lfe
    here4lfe Member Posts: 306 Member
    Get to it
    Love you back!

Best now and forever.
  • steveandnat
    steveandnat Member Posts: 886
    so much
    Wow you do have so much happening! You have such a great spirit within you I can't get over it. I can't. Imagine how scarry it must be being told mete to the brain. I had a huge migrain last Friday Anne got paniced because you never know where this cancer is going to show up. I'm praying hard for you! Jrff
  • wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member

so much
    Wow you do have so much happening! You have such a great spirit within you I can't get over it. I can't. Imagine how scarry it must be being told mete to the brain. I had a huge migrain last Friday Anne got paniced because you never know where this cancer is going to show up. I'm praying hard for you! Jrff

Dang Jennie!
    Looks like I'm gonna have to put on my best pair of sh#tkickers again. Don't worry. I'll be standing right there with you kickin' away at that butt. We've all got your back, and your front, and whatever else needs support and love. And don't worry if some of the ducks get out of line, sounds like Cheryl's got those covered.

Luv Ya,

Wolfen
  • tanstaafl
    tanstaafl Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    longer term
    Jennie, sorry to hear this latest detour. %&*#$&. Please let us know your thinking and the answers that you get. Glad CK sounds so therapeutic. Advanced thoughts on post CyberKnife chemo+alts seem important.

I have my own questions about so many brain mets that we are seeing on the boards. What degree that they represent risk from longer term survival, vs treatment related factors, such as erosion of the blood brain barrier from oxidative chemicals etc, or lack of repair due to bevacizumab, and lack of 24x365 treatment continuity for circulating cell clusters.

It may be important to get outside specialty opinions on supplements in the weeks immediate post radiation (radiated tissues take a while to act) - for example the high dose cimetidine and N-acetylcystiene my wife takes are probably radioprotective, but others are perhaps synergistic like vitamin K3 (not sure K2) and C.

Of course, I still think some kind of targetable natural inhibitors and immunochemo program would be the cats meow longer term. Truly inspiring is Ben WIlliams' glioblastoma story and combined therapy program, with links how he approached the situation.
  • Brenda Bricco
    Brenda Bricco Member Posts: 579 Member
    Hi Jennie, I am sorry to
    Hi Jennie, I am sorry to hear this news but I am glad to hear that you are ready to put a stop to the brain mets. I will be thinking of you and praying for an awesome response to treatment.
    Soon after Dennis was diagnosed with primary tumor and liver mets he had a horrible headache that took us to the ER. They very non-chalantly said we better do a scan of the brain to see if the cancer has spread. I was already numb from the dx but a whole new fear came over me that it had spread to his brain. It turned out to not be mets (Thank GOD)and since then I have seen that there is a lot that can be done for brain mets so you go get'em! GOD bless you Jennie.
  • z
    z Member Posts: 1,414 Member
    Brain met
    Hi Jennie,

I found the post I wanted you to see on the Lung Cancer board. He is still ned. But this is the post where he talks about all the mets. He posts fairly often. I wish you the best. Lori

March 6, 2012 - 9:56am
    Hello Family! I am back from a one month jag in Florida and it was just what the doctor ordered! I feel great !

Stage IV, RUL tumor, lymphs, and brain mets----Had chemo, chest/back rads, brain surgery, and gamma-knife (a couple times) all that stuff!..but...All NED as we speak. Full body pet/ct and mri scans in about two weeks, we will see, I can only live scan to scan these days. June 1st will be two yrs since dx. Only God knows how long I have.

Sad to see all the newcomers on this site.

My 50 yr old sister in law is going to surgery wed. for a very rare (only 400 new cases/yr in US nationally) cancer tumor in her sinus/right eye area, have to go through the scull to get the tumor and may lose her right eye and sense of smell. Docs correlated it on being a bartender for 30 yrs and breathing in all the smoke. We will see.

All take care and hang in there, I see some sad posts from other countrys where treatment is expensive and out of reach....very difficult situation for them.

Love ya...>Dave

‹ Stage 3B lung cancer Worried and wondering about symptom ›
  • Aud
    Aud Member Posts: 479 Member
    hey, Jennie
    d@mn. I am so sorry to hear this. But!...I know you will kick it's butt. Holding you in the Light for healing and strength.
    love,
    Aud
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Sorry
    So sorry that you are going through all that you have. Was wondering why you haven't been posting but know that you are a pool person with lots of things going on all the time. I'm so disappointed with your recent news but glad that you are willing to kick some butt. You have a great attitude and I'm wish the best for you. You are such an inspiration to all of the people on this board.

Kim
  • idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
    z said:

Brain met
    Hi Jennie,

I found the post I wanted you to see on the Lung Cancer board. He is still ned. But this is the post where he talks about all the mets. He posts fairly often. I wish you the best. Lori

March 6, 2012 - 9:56am
    Hello Family! I am back from a one month jag in Florida and it was just what the doctor ordered! I feel great !

Stage IV, RUL tumor, lymphs, and brain mets----Had chemo, chest/back rads, brain surgery, and gamma-knife (a couple times) all that stuff!..but...All NED as we speak. Full body pet/ct and mri scans in about two weeks, we will see, I can only live scan to scan these days. June 1st will be two yrs since dx. Only God knows how long I have.

Sad to see all the newcomers on this site.

My 50 yr old sister in law is going to surgery wed. for a very rare (only 400 new cases/yr in US nationally) cancer tumor in her sinus/right eye area, have to go through the scull to get the tumor and may lose her right eye and sense of smell. Docs correlated it on being a bartender for 30 yrs and breathing in all the smoke. We will see.

All take care and hang in there, I see some sad posts from other countrys where treatment is expensive and out of reach....very difficult situation for them.

Love ya...>Dave

‹ Stage 3B lung cancer Worried and wondering about symptom ›

Hey Z
    Thank you.. I truly appreciate that as EVERY positive anything at this point gives me much needed hope. It helps to hear those "other" stories and know the facts. I will definitely visit that board and I have been doing major research from all over the country. Thanks again and take care

Jennie
  • idlehunters

Sorry
    So sorry that you are going through all that you have. Was wondering why you haven't been posting but know that you are a pool person with lots of things going on all the time. I'm so disappointed with your recent news but glad that you are willing to kick some butt. You have a great attitude and I'm wish the best for you. You are such an inspiration to all of the people on this board.

Kim

Hey aud and Kim......
    Don't hear from you guys near enough but so glad you posted! Yes Kim this of course was not news any of us want to hear but you got to face and deal with whatever it is. Brain mets NOT of course my first choice but heck....NONE of this is MY choice. I am having a incredible "not worried " attitude and I don't know why that is there but hey. ... It can stay as long as it wants! LOL. I know I will be battling this cancer in one place or another FOR LIFE. There is no cure. I have an illness that needs treated, forever. NOT my first uncurable disease either. I have had acquired epilepsy over 30 years and take daily meds to control that successfully. We do what we got to do........ I am just happy I got people like YOU ALL...... Good to see you Aud

Jennie
  • idlehunters
    jjaj133 said:

awwwwww nuts! i am so sick
    awwwwww nuts! i am so sick of this freakin disease!
    Jenny, my sweet friend. Everyone has already said such wonderful, heartfelt things, I would only be repeating them. What I will say, is I am holding you in my heart, and sending healing thoughts. I am also keeping a beer ice cold, for when we finally manage to get together. Make that champagne! ok, beer, we are definitely beer people, well actually i like bourbon and coke. Sometimes just a shot of tequila. Oh hell, belly up to the bar jenny, we have a date. So, get that amazing brain of yours tuned up. I got a big ole hug waitin for ya.
    Love you my friend,
    Judy

Judy
    Lets get drunk! Been thinking bout that....I'm pretty sure that should definitely be put on schedule......soon! LOL

Love ya girl

Jen
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member

Hey aud and Kim......
    Don't hear from you guys near enough but so glad you posted! Yes Kim this of course was not news any of us want to hear but you got to face and deal with whatever it is. Brain mets NOT of course my first choice but heck....NONE of this is MY choice. I am having a incredible "not worried " attitude and I don't know why that is there but hey. ... It can stay as long as it wants! LOL. I know I will be battling this cancer in one place or another FOR LIFE. There is no cure. I have an illness that needs treated, forever. NOT my first uncurable disease either. I have had acquired epilepsy over 30 years and take daily meds to control that successfully. We do what we got to do........ I am just happy I got people like YOU ALL...... Good to see you Aud

Jennie

Kick it to the curb
    Love you girl and know that you can kick it to the curb. You have been NED through all this so there is no reason that you can't be this again. Look at what Craig just posted, this has to be some encouragement to what you can get through. I'm going to meet you at CP if not this year, but next. You go girl with all your spirit.

Kim
  • taraHK
    taraHK Member Posts: 1,952 Member
    You hero!
    Thanks for the shout-out, Jennie -- but you are my hero now!

Tara

ps brief update for those who wanna know -- I'm 6 mos post tx for my brain mets -- physically and cognitively no problems whatsoever -All kudos to my amazing docs. Like you say, Jennie, to them it seems to be something quite routine! Probably work in 3 cyberknives before afternoon golf haha
  • idlehunters
    Sundanceh said:

Beg To Differ:)
    Now, Jennie....think back....way back....no, further....keep going.....okay, there:)

"YOUR support means more NOW than since I have even diagnosed."

That's not the way that I remember it, LOL! I remember investing hours upon hours and a great deal of thought to this woman, who would become my good friend btw, and she was out of her mind...off her rocker....screaming through her words that had my heart aching time after time...

I thought I'd never get you off that ledge:)

As I recall, it was just before July 4th, 2009....your poignant thoughts were if you had seen your last 4th of July...and that was a time where I talked deeply with you about things...I was worried sick about you...

You were in your infancy then with cancer - and it has been a pleasure to watch you grow as you journey forward and watching the amazing transformation. I wouldn't have missed it for anything:)

Ah...the memories:)

Now, who knows you best?

And...who do you love?

LOL!

You've outgrown me, so the only way I can get you to read any of my stuff anymore, is to jump on your posts! That way I got a shot!

LOL!

-Craig

Ahhhh Craiger...Craiger. :-)
    Yes that July day back in 09 will forever be etched in my head.....AND YOURS! LOL!!! And a few others who were my life savers at the time like Cheryl, Eric and Kimby...... And others. Craig.....you got to know how many times you have kept me off that ledge or the numerous tears you have dried. I love you Craig.....deeply.

Jen
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member

Judy
    Lets get drunk! Been thinking bout that....I'm pretty sure that should definitely be put on schedule......soon! LOL

Love ya girl

Jen

Can I come, too?
    I found the Coyote Ugly bar in Las Vegas, BTW....let the dance continue!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • jjaj133
    jjaj133 Member Posts: 867 Member

Judy

Love ya girl

Jen

I am ready when you are!!(
    I am ready when you are!!( someone get smelling salts. I think Pete just fainted ;)
    Hugs,
    Judy
  • Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Dear Jennie,this is
    Dear Jennie,this is definitely not what I wanted to hear from you.I have been thinking of you although I don't log in a lot.You have been always braver than what I think.Your persitence and courage will be paid back soon.I am sure you can handle this well and be clear again soon.Best luck with all the treatments.You are in my prayers as always.Take care.
  • jjaj133
    jjaj133 Member Posts: 867 Member
    KathiM said:

Can I come, too?
    I found the Coyote Ugly bar in Las Vegas, BTW....let the dance continue!!!

Hugs, Kathi

Sure can!!

Sure can!!
  • idlehunters
    jjaj133 said:

I am ready when you are!!(
    I am ready when you are!!( someone get smelling salts. I think Pete just fainted ;)
    Hugs,
    Judy

LMAO!!!!
    C'mon girls.....let's paint the town!!!! SOOOOOOOOO friggin ready...... Omg, we could tear Pete's stuff UP!!!! LOL...way too funny thinking what little prankster things Kathy has up her sleeve....SUCH the sly dog she is.......WAY fun.......looking forward to a reunion Kathy and Judy....omg...GIRL!!!!

Jen
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member

LMAO!!!!
    C'mon girls.....let's paint the town!!!! SOOOOOOOOO friggin ready...... Omg, we could tear Pete's stuff UP!!!! LOL...way too funny thinking what little prankster things Kathy has up her sleeve....SUCH the sly dog she is.......WAY fun.......looking forward to a reunion Kathy and Judy....omg...GIRL!!!!

Jen

Jennie & Judy:
    Be careful girls! ALCOHOL CAN SERIOUSLY DAMAGE YOUR HEALTH ! Hahahahahahaha!
    Lots of hugs ladies!