CT Scan and enlarged lymphnodes in lung and stomach after being a kidney cancer survivor for 14 year

dgilly
dgilly Member Posts: 16
just had my yearly CT Scan and my one kidney is doing great but, they found one enlarged lymphnode in my lung and several in my stomach. i am waiting for the Cancer Center to call and schedule my appt. for more tests to see what is going on. has anyone here gone through anything similar? 14 years and this!!! i am a lil nervous.

Comments

• Texas_wedge
    Texas_wedge Member Posts: 2,798
    CT scan
    As you'll be well aware, a great deal has happened since you lost your Mother and since you had your nephrectomy, so the likelihood is that you'll have plenty more years ahead. Quite a few people have further events many years on and it's often a mystery but you've coped for all these years and will continue to. Keep touching base here and let us all know when you have more information so that we can return some of the support you've given others over the years.
  • dgilly
    dgilly Member Posts: 16

CT scan
    As you'll be well aware, a great deal has happened since you lost your Mother and since you had your nephrectomy, so the likelihood is that you'll have plenty more years ahead. Quite a few people have further events many years on and it's often a mystery but you've coped for all these years and will continue to. Keep touching base here and let us all know when you have more information so that we can return some of the support you've given others over the years.

hi
    thanks for responding with encouraging words. i will keep in touch here and let you all know what i find out when they get me in the cancer center. until then.
  • lbinmsp
    lbinmsp Member Posts: 266
    14 Years NED
    WOW! What an amazing record! Will whisper prayers that further tests will prove better than perhaps anticipated. Thank God that you've continued with yearly followup! I went 5 years NED before my first recurrance - and then another 5 before the second This is one very strange disease! Keep us posted -

LizB
  • jhsu
    jhsu Member Posts: 80
    dgilly said:

hi
    thanks for responding with encouraging words. i will keep in touch here and let you all know what i find out when they get me in the cancer center. until then.

I had enlarged mediastinal
    I had enlarged mediastinal lymph nodes in the 2011 CT scan results. And, after the biopsy everything they saw were normal cells. So, I think that will be the next step to double check.

Jon
  • lbinmsp
    lbinmsp Member Posts: 266
    HEY!
    Been watching and waiting to hear from you again. I have found that many people get seriously nervous when someone like you (or me) pops up with a possible recurrance after many years of being NED (or cured) and, for the most part, prefer to pretend it's not happening. I'm here - and I'm a good listener!

LizB
  • Texas_wedge
    Texas_wedge Member Posts: 2,798
    lbinmsp said:

HEY!
    Been watching and waiting to hear from you again. I have found that many people get seriously nervous when someone like you (or me) pops up with a possible recurrance after many years of being NED (or cured) and, for the most part, prefer to pretend it's not happening. I'm here - and I'm a good listener!

LizB

Possible recurrence
    14 years on maybe so, Liz, but maybe not more jumpy than I might feel with enlarged lymph nodes after 9 weeks.