Lists of hospitals espcialzed with interleukin 2 in California

Mai2010
Mai2010 Member Posts: 3
I would like to know what hospital espcialzed in giving interleukin 2 in California? We live in San Jose California and our doctor suggested kaiser riverside. I have 3 kids and my wife can't take off from work - I'm thinking if there's closer to San Jose California . My doctor said kaiser riverside specialized and only do interleukin 2 ; can anyone advise if there's another one that hifghyl recommended with this type if treatment?

I just have right nephrectomy last week and will be seen by my oncologist 3 weeks from now to talk about interleukin 2. While waiting to see her, I'll be going for brain MRI .

It metastasize to my lungs and I was told surgery can't be done to my lungs bec the nodules were already in all lobes. Stage 4

Please help me thanks

Comments

• alice124
    alice124 Member Posts: 896 Member
    HDIL-2
    Below is the web page to proleukin (IL-2). Perhaps if you contact them, they can tell you the closest hospital/center administering IL-2.

Good luck to you. Sorry of your need to join this group.

http://www.proleukin.com/mrcc/resources.aspx
  • jam66
    jam66 Member Posts: 55
    I'm in Sacramento
    And my doctor said UCSF does. Can you go there?
  • Mai2010
    alice124 said:

HDIL-2
    Below is the web page to proleukin (IL-2). Perhaps if you contact them, they can tell you the closest hospital/center administering IL-2.

Good luck to you. Sorry of your need to join this group.

http://www.proleukin.com/mrcc/resources.aspx

Hi Alice, thanks for the
    Hi Alice, thanks for the info I'll check it
  • Mai2010
    jam66 said:

I'm in Sacramento
    And my doctor said UCSF does. Can you go there?

H jam, Ill check this one
    H jam, Ill check this one too. Thanks guys. I' was glad I found this site - much info to getting to know my kidney cancer :-)
  • alice124
    alice124 Member Posts: 896 Member
    Mai2010 said:

H jam, Ill check this one
    H jam, Ill check this one too. Thanks guys. I' was glad I found this site - much info to getting to know my kidney cancer :-)

interlukin 2
    Hope your MRI comes in clean. I know brain MRI's are required prior to interlukin 2 treatment.

Keep us posted on your meeting with oncologist and the path she recommends. Keep in mind there is progress being made everyday in the treatment of kidney cancer. So like my husband's doctor said to him, "If you have to have a stage 4 cancer today, kidney isn't a bad one to have." So keep your spirits up and good luck.