Stage 4 Lung Cancer

124»

Comments

• wmmikes
    wmmikes Member Posts: 1
    grandpa said:

Lung Cancer stage IV
    I really don't know why that I came onto to this site. After researching lung cancer treatments and the effects of those treatments to my body, I have elected to not take any treatments. I did consult with 4 different doctors (no onocoligists) about the benefits of taking radiation and or chemo. None wanted to tell me to not take treatments at first. I then asked them what they would advise if it were a loved one, they're consensus was that the quality of remaining life would be most important. It is not easy to make a decision to let a cancer take its own course with your body. I struggle every day to be as positive as I can be. I am very fortunate to have the support of my daughter and son-in-law. I am not trying to influence any one to not take treatments, but I would like to hear from anyone else who may have chosen the same path that I have chosen.

I need all of your prayers

stage 4 lung cancer
    Hello grandpa, My father-in-law (age 78) has just been diagnosed stage 4 and I am researching treatments. I was diagnosed 12 years ago with prostate cancer ( a different animal, I know) and, like you, elected no medical treatments. I would be very interested to hear of your journey.

Thanks...