Robin Gibb Has Passed Away

Vickilg
Vickilg Member Posts: 281 Member
Deep sigh. Now I am sad, scared and depressed... Again.

Comments

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Sigh....

Sigh....
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Much Tragedy
    Much tragedy has hit that family... I think Barry is the only one left.
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Another loss
    Another loss.

Sigh...
  • steveandnat
    steveandnat Member Posts: 886
    not a good week for disco era
    So sad to see Robin's passing especially from his cancer. It not been a good week for those of us remembering the disco era. Pray everyone is good. Jeff
  • Doc_Hawk
    Doc_Hawk Member Posts: 685
    Another sigh
    I agree, Vicki. It's 2 AM my time and I just can't sleep. From what I've read, he and I were diagnosed around the same time (my second anniversary was this past Saturday) both with mets to the liver. Even though I had good news this past week (the tumor in my right lung is "virtually gone" and for the first time, we were able to count the tumors in my liver, I still feel scared after Robin's passing.

Doc
  • LAF53
    LAF53 Member Posts: 60
    Robin Gibb
    This news is very sad.
  • joemetz
    joemetz Member Posts: 493
    Doc_Hawk said:

Another sigh
    I agree, Vicki. It's 2 AM my time and I just can't sleep. From what I've read, he and I were diagnosed around the same time (my second anniversary was this past Saturday) both with mets to the liver. Even though I had good news this past week (the tumor in my right lung is "virtually gone" and for the first time, we were able to count the tumors in my liver, I still feel scared after Robin's passing.

Doc

Doc!
    Hey Doc Hawk

Never forget that EVERY Cancer patient is unique... NO two are exactly alike.

Burry the scared feeling and any saddness in comparing your cancer to his or others.

and, celebrate YOUR life and others life after passing. Keep your positive attitude front and center my cancer fighting brother!

Joe
  • joemetz
    "LONG cancer battle"
    kind of strange that every post about Robin Gibbs deal states... "... died after a long cancer battle".

a two year battle doesn't seem like a "long" battle.

Am i wrong?
  • barbebarb
    barbebarb Member Posts: 464
    joemetz said:

"LONG cancer battle"
    kind of strange that every post about Robin Gibbs deal states... "... died after a long cancer battle".

Am i wrong?

Very sad news
    This saddens me too.... We all have to keep one foot in front of the other and are all dealing with different circumstances with our treatments......
    Its still scary when we hear this sad news. Sigh......
  • JayhawkDan
    JayhawkDan Member Posts: 205
    joemetz said:

"LONG cancer battle"

Am i wrong?

I agree
    I read that and thought what the hell? I'm planning on the first 2 years as being the opening rounds of this " battle." I'm thinking a long battle as being at least 5, but more like 30... ;-)
  • joemetz

I agree
    I read that and thought what the hell? I'm planning on the first 2 years as being the opening rounds of this " battle." I'm thinking a long battle as being at least 5, but more like 30... ;-)

JayHackDan
    Now you're thinking on the right track!!!

go out and make it a great day!
  • Goldie1
    Goldie1 Member Posts: 264 Member
    Sad...
    and I got to admit, it made my husband depressed when he heard of his passing.
  • ellamenno
    ellamenno Member Posts: 142 Member
    Goldie1 said:

Sad...
    and I got to admit, it made my husband depressed when he heard of his passing.

R.I.P.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZInWGC5L2T8#!
  • Doc_Hawk
    joemetz said:

Doc!
    Hey Doc Hawk

Never forget that EVERY Cancer patient is unique... NO two are exactly alike.

Burry the scared feeling and any saddness in comparing your cancer to his or others.

and, celebrate YOUR life and others life after passing. Keep your positive attitude front and center my cancer fighting brother!

Joe

Hey Joe
    It was just a bit of a cage rattler coming when it did. I actually think of my dx day as my "second birthday" because that's the day that I really learned how to live.

Doc
  • Doc_Hawk
    joemetz said:

"LONG cancer battle"

Am i wrong?

two years
    I was making just about the same comment to my folks today. I told them that I feel like after two years, I'm finally starting to dig in my heels to fight.