Blake RIP

Sonia32
Sonia32 Member Posts: 1,071 Member
I'm sure his family will let us know. But Marie saw a message on his facebook page written by his sister, 'RIP my dear brother, may your journey be a peaceful one. I will miss you with all my heart...
With all my love...
Your little sis'

He put up such a fight, will miss you. Hugs and prayers go out to his wife and family.

Sonia :-(

Comments

• tanstaafl
    tanstaafl Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    rip, memorae
    Thank you for sharing your journeys with us, Blake. We've learned a lot about (being) O-lymphians, and making the most of life. This is sobering news since Blake and my wife were stage IV O-lymphians initially dx'd within about 2-3 days of each other. One year ago, Blake was walking through my wife's distant lymph nodes and surgery with me.

We'll miss your banter and byline. Our condolences to Blake's family.
  • Semira
    Semira Member Posts: 381 Member
    You will be missed
    Thinking of you
    Petra
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Semira said:

You will be missed
    Thinking of you
    Petra

Feel so sorry!
    He helped here in many ways, we always will be missed, may you rest in peace my friend.
    Will be praying for you there where you are.
  • ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
    I am so sorry to hear this.

• Grace14
    Grace14 Member Posts: 65
    ketziah35 said:

This is such sad news!! He
    This is such sad news!! He will be missed!! May he rest in peace!!
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    so long sparring friend, I will miss you.
    Its sadly ironic on the day of his passing the one thing we agreed on
    exercise is published on the acs site. We have so many departed friends,
    Blake the most recent, I like to think they are somehow pulling strings for us.

Hugs and tears,
    Pete

Ps rest peacefully
  • johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member

so long sparring friend, I will miss you.
    Its sadly ironic on the day of his passing the one thing we agreed on
    exercise is published on the acs site. We have so many departed friends,
    Blake the most recent, I like to think they are somehow pulling strings for us.

Hugs and tears,
    Pete

Ps rest peacefully

oh no
    i really thought he could pull thru this one.i will truly miss you my friend.now you are on a new journey see you there someday...Godbless....johnnybegood
  • LAF53
    LAF53 Member Posts: 60
    so long
    I hardly knew you, but you will be missed by all. Prayers to those left behind.

Lydia
  • Phoebesnow
    Phoebesnow Member Posts: 600 Member
    LAF53 said:

so long
    I hardly knew you, but you will be missed by all. Prayers to those left behind.

Lydia

Dear family
    I am so sorry for your great loss. I looked forward to his posts. He taught me to keep researching and not to believe everything the doctors said.
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Vaya con Dios, Mi Compadre...
    I think he knew more than he 'let on.' He probably didn't want to upset the community. When I started having all of the issues with my dad and all that hoola, Blake really stepped up for me and contacted me via PMs and was helping me with some suggestions.

And then when he saw I had overcome a few of the initial difficulties, he posted on my post so enthusiastic, with (!!!) even... I could feel Blake's excitement and happiness for me and not only that, he expressed his real-self, just a different side of him that I saw in those days right before he slipped...and it was something to behold - simply amazing.

It actually made tears well up in my eyes and I've had moments of profound sorrow as all of this has unfolded...unnerving really. Just as I was really beginning to forge a friendship with him...

And I think he really wanted to see my book published...for Kathy, but I think he would have peeked at a chapter or two "for debate" or possibly acknowledgement. He gigged me a couple of times about it in pure Blake Humor - I got a big kick out of that.

He was always very supportive to me and I will always remember him for that. He was well versed, educated, intelligent and smart, with a keen wit to go along with all of that. I also thought he wrote very well and I appreciated reading some of the things he wrote. They were good...the man had alot of talent.

I would have enjoyed sitting down with the man and exchanging pleasantries and then talking about any topic - I'm sure his conversation would be stimulating and have you walking away a little bit differently than when you arrived.

I'm sure he would have had that affect on anyone he met - one thing I know, even from a distance - he would have never been boring:)

Blake, I'm so sorry for everything but I appreciate your story and for getting the rare opportunity to meet you and come to understand the man that you were to all of us. Tell everyone of the semis' "HI" for all of us when you see them - and all of you rest easy - and we'll always "Keep the Light ON" for all of you, in case you send us a post or something:)

"Another one of our candles has been extinguished..."

This room has gotten a little bit dimmer as a result - and I for one, am having a hard time now seeing through the darkness.

My sincerest condolences to Blake's family during this difficult time - and sending a sense of peace and comfort for the difficult days that lie ahead. When one of us passes away - there's always a piece of each of us that goes with them.

And when my time comes, I'll say the same that I think Blake would if we were here...pick up the fallen flag and keep fighting - by doing this, we honor each of their memories - who they were - what they stood for - and what they represented to us.

They are fighters - but they were real people - may we never forget them.

"For when we hold someone very close to our hearts - they never truly persish - they stay alive in our memories - and in our dreams:)

Your friend, Blake

-Craig
  • smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member
    Sundanceh said:

Vaya con Dios, Mi Compadre...
    I think he knew more than he 'let on.' He probably didn't want to upset the community. When I started having all of the issues with my dad and all that hoola, Blake really stepped up for me and contacted me via PMs and was helping me with some suggestions.

And then when he saw I had overcome a few of the initial difficulties, he posted on my post so enthusiastic, with (!!!) even... I could feel Blake's excitement and happiness for me and not only that, he expressed his real-self, just a different side of him that I saw in those days right before he slipped...and it was something to behold - simply amazing.

It actually made tears well up in my eyes and I've had moments of profound sorrow as all of this has unfolded...unnerving really. Just as I was really beginning to forge a friendship with him...

And I think he really wanted to see my book published...for Kathy, but I think he would have peeked at a chapter or two "for debate" or possibly acknowledgement. He gigged me a couple of times about it in pure Blake Humor - I got a big kick out of that.

He was always very supportive to me and I will always remember him for that. He was well versed, educated, intelligent and smart, with a keen wit to go along with all of that. I also thought he wrote very well and I appreciated reading some of the things he wrote. They were good...the man had alot of talent.

I would have enjoyed sitting down with the man and exchanging pleasantries and then talking about any topic - I'm sure his conversation would be stimulating and have you walking away a little bit differently than when you arrived.

I'm sure he would have had that affect on anyone he met - one thing I know, even from a distance - he would have never been boring:)

Blake, I'm so sorry for everything but I appreciate your story and for getting the rare opportunity to meet you and come to understand the man that you were to all of us. Tell everyone of the semis' "HI" for all of us when you see them - and all of you rest easy - and we'll always "Keep the Light ON" for all of you, in case you send us a post or something:)

"Another one of our candles has been extinguished..."

This room has gotten a little bit dimmer as a result - and I for one, am having a hard time now seeing through the darkness.

My sincerest condolences to Blake's family during this difficult time - and sending a sense of peace and comfort for the difficult days that lie ahead. When one of us passes away - there's always a piece of each of us that goes with them.

And when my time comes, I'll say the same that I think Blake would if we were here...pick up the fallen flag and keep fighting - by doing this, we honor each of their memories - who they were - what they stood for - and what they represented to us.

They are fighters - but they were real people - may we never forget them.

"For when we hold someone very close to our hearts - they never truly persish - they stay alive in our memories - and in our dreams:)

Your friend, Blake

-Craig

:(

:(
  • ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    It's going to be a dull world without you mate
    Farewell,Ron.
  • tommycat
    tommycat Member Posts: 790 Member
    Drummond
    Sincerest condolences to you and your family.
    There are many people on this Board who were fond of Blake; you were lucky to have him as your brother.
    God Bless~
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    The Loss of a Friend

Our hearts ache
    Our tears fall
    Yet, could you say I’d rather not have known him at all?

We each came looking for answers, encouragement and hope.
    We each found all that and caring, friendship and support.
    And yes, we have anger and despair when we lose a friend.

Our minds scream for a cure.
    Our bodies say it is not yet here.
    Our spirit says we will carry on, despite the loss of our friend.

As we soldier on, day by day
    We will not hesitate to call someone new… friend.
    Because it is in the memory of all who have fallen that we share what they have given.

Rest in Peace Blake
  • angelsbaby
    angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member

The Loss of a Friend

Our hearts ache
    Our tears fall
    Yet, could you say I’d rather not have known him at all?

We each came looking for answers, encouragement and hope.
    We each found all that and caring, friendship and support.
    And yes, we have anger and despair when we lose a friend.

Our minds scream for a cure.
    Our bodies say it is not yet here.
    Our spirit says we will carry on, despite the loss of our friend.

As we soldier on, day by day
    We will not hesitate to call someone new… friend.
    Because it is in the memory of all who have fallen that we share what they have given.

Rest in Peace Blake

awww
    May he rest in peace.

michelle
  • karen40
    karen40 Member Posts: 211 Member
    Miss You
    My deepest and most heartfelt sympathy to Blake’s family. He was a great man with much compassion for others. His love for Kathy, his wonderful wife, was obvious through his many posts. He absolutely cherished her as his caregiver. He was simply, a wonderful man.

Miss you - Blake

Karen
  • jjaj133
    jjaj133 Member Posts: 867 Member
    Condolences to his family.
    Condolences to his family. What a sad day.
    My thoughts and prayers are with all who were lucky enough to know him.
    Judy
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Farewell
    I'll miss him. Loved reading his posts. My sympathy to his family and friends.

Kim
  • wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member

Farewell
    I'll miss him. Loved reading his posts. My sympathy to his family and friends.

Kim

Goodby My Tall Friend
    You were tall in so many ways. See ya on the flip side.

My condolences to Kathy, Blake's family and his many friends. I will miss him.

Luv,

Wolfen
  • LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    Dear Drummond, You and your

Dear Drummond, You and your family have our deepest condolences on the loss of your brother. He was a true treasure to this board, and we will sorely miss his spirited and caring posts.

With sympathy,

Rick and Cynthia