Ex-Rocker---scans?

Dapsterd
Dapsterd Member Posts: 291
Hey Ex-rocker----what became of the scans?

Comments

• ColoradoDani
    ColoradoDani Member Posts: 65
    I'm wondering, too...
    I've been checking this board religiously...hoping all's well.
  • loving_son
    loving_son Member Posts: 5
    Hope
    Ex-Rocker was the first person to reply to my posting for info. His insight was positive and encouraging. I hope all is well. Positive vibes and prayers. I hope you have great news too Dapsterd - stable or ned.
  • Dan620
    Dan620 Member Posts: 220

Hope
    Ex-Rocker was the first person to reply to my posting for info. His insight was positive and encouraging. I hope all is well. Positive vibes and prayers. I hope you have great news too Dapsterd - stable or ned.

;)
    EX-Rocker you have been missed hope all is well..... Dan
  • ellenm4
    ellenm4 Member Posts: 124
    Dan620 said:

;)
    EX-Rocker you have been missed hope all is well..... Dan

miss him
    Hoping and praying all is welkfor him. He has help me as well! God less you ex rocker.
  • AlanRinHBG
    AlanRinHBG Member Posts: 121
    ellenm4 said:

miss him
    Hoping and praying all is welkfor him. He has help me as well! God less you ex rocker.

rocker
    I'm gonna bet he's out on a hike...hopefully
  • Ex_Rock_n_Roller
    Ex_Rock_n_Roller Member Posts: 281 Member
    Ok, Alan's pretty much right on this one ...
    Thanks for all the well wishes and interest, folks. I'm touched. Seriously.

Followup scan showed some ground glass, but adjudged nothing to worry about. It sounded like they might want to put me back on three months from six, but not sure on that pending call-in in May.

Meanwhile, I've been out of touch due to Bucket List Trip #2 (hopefully in a series). We've been tent trailer camping in a big loop from Texas Hill Country (gorgeous) through the southeast (never been there in my life), via some route yet TBD. I don't actually have to be anywhere in particular until mid May, so this could match our last 9200-mile endeavor (although I doubt it). Currently in Natchez doing the Antebellum mansion tour thing.

Since we've actually camped all but about two days (high winds), I haven't had internet. Weather so far has been gorgeous, and people hospitable.

One piece of advice: If you're interested in meeting your maker via anemia vs. some other cause, try the Texas Gulf Coast during an unseasonably warm April. The mosquitos will do it for you. I've never seen the like, and the cute little tent trailer is not bug-tight. Can you say duct tape? We probably spent six hours last week killing the little beggars, and it was like bailing a boat with a hole poked in the bottom. Oh yeah, and then there's the two-month head start on summer allergies ...

Other than that, how'd you enjoy the play, Mrs. Lincoln? ;-)

I'll try to log in from time to time. See y'all!
  • z
    z Member Posts: 1,414 Member

Followup scan showed some ground glass, but adjudged nothing to worry about. It sounded like they might want to put me back on three months from six, but not sure on that pending call-in in May.

Meanwhile, I've been out of touch due to Bucket List Trip #2 (hopefully in a series). We've been tent trailer camping in a big loop from Texas Hill Country (gorgeous) through the southeast (never been there in my life), via some route yet TBD. I don't actually have to be anywhere in particular until mid May, so this could match our last 9200-mile endeavor (although I doubt it). Currently in Natchez doing the Antebellum mansion tour thing.

Since we've actually camped all but about two days (high winds), I haven't had internet. Weather so far has been gorgeous, and people hospitable.

One piece of advice: If you're interested in meeting your maker via anemia vs. some other cause, try the Texas Gulf Coast during an unseasonably warm April. The mosquitos will do it for you. I've never seen the like, and the cute little tent trailer is not bug-tight. Can you say duct tape? We probably spent six hours last week killing the little beggars, and it was like bailing a boat with a hole poked in the bottom. Oh yeah, and then there's the two-month head start on summer allergies ...

Ex
    This sounds like great news to me. You must be having a great time, and I hope you continue to have a great time. Thanks for letting us know your doing very well. Lori
  • Dapsterd
    Dapsterd Member Posts: 291

GOOD
    That's great ! You go man!

Yes....I too will implement the bucketlist shortly, the weather is becoming nice here in Michigan.

Take care,

Dave
  • loving_son
    loving_son Member Posts: 5

Keep on Truckin'
    Good to hear you are enjoying life. Keep it going you are an inspiring story to the rest of us!
  • ColoradoDani

Keep on Truckin'
    Good to hear you are enjoying life. Keep it going you are an inspiring story to the rest of us!

Steve, If you get a hankrin' to head west...
    come on to Durango, Colorado. We have 35 acres and plenty of room for your trailer and are close to Mesa Verde National Park (half hour), the moutains and within 2-2.5 hours of Canyonlands and Arches in Utah and Chaco Canyon (ancient civilizations) in NM. You and your wife are always welcome...

Glad you're okay and have a blast in the SE. What a beautiful time of year to be there...much warmer than where we are. Perhaps I should have mentioned that we woke up to snow when I invited you. It's gone now, though :)
  • ColoradoDani

Keep on Truckin'

come on to Durango, Colorado. We have 35 acres and plenty of room for your trailer and are close to Mesa Verde National Park (half hour), the moutains and within 2-2.5 hours of Canyonlands and Arches in Utah and Chaco Canyon (ancient civilizations) in NM. You and your wife are always welcome...

Glad you're okay and have a blast in the SE. What a beautiful time of year to be there...much warmer than where we are. Perhaps I should have mentioned that we woke up to snow when I invited you. It's gone now, though :)
  • AlanRinHBG

Hi there
    Can we all come? sounds like a plan.
  • medi_2
    medi_2 Member Posts: 505 Member

thanks for the update!
    Try to find an AVON lady (well you never know ;)). Avon's Skin-So-Soft (original scent)
    works wonders on our skeeters down here in North FLA. And they are hearty little buggers...btw, this is not an ad for Avon, LOL, the stuff just works!
    Cheers!
    Medi
    PS: Whoa! Right on time with the Lincoln remark. April 14-15
  • Ex_Rock_n_Roller
    Ex_Rock_n_Roller Member Posts: 281 Member

Dani, be careful what you wish for ...
    ... I might just take you up on that kind offer. You're right in an area of CO I've never visited and have always wanted to. Would be great to meet you guys. Let's see what summer brings.

Currently standing at the Crossroads (Clarksdale, MS), trying to flag a ride ...
  • AlanRinHBG
    medi_2 said:

thanks for the update!
    Try to find an AVON lady (well you never know ;)). Avon's Skin-So-Soft (original scent)
    works wonders on our skeeters down here in North FLA. And they are hearty little buggers...btw, this is not an ad for Avon, LOL, the stuff just works!
    Cheers!
    Medi
    PS: Whoa! Right on time with the Lincoln remark. April 14-15

crossroads
    So Steve,,, are you playing that frankenstrat or a little parlor trip guitar? Are you expecting to meet the bluesman there? Cool trip you're on,, have a good one.