just found out

bhill53
bhill53 Member Posts: 1
I had a ct scan done and they found a 3mm nodule on lower right lung.
I actually had a ct scan done for another problem and they found this out.

Comments

• ColoradoDani
    ColoradoDani Member Posts: 65
    Don't panic yet..easier said than done, I know
    I know how scary this is, but don't panic yet. Sometimes nodules are benign, no big deal at all. And, if you get the worse case scenario where it does turn out to be cancer, there are many treatments available. As you can see from this site, many people live full lives with cancer or are cured. Hang in there and let us know how it turns out.
  • catcon49
    catcon49 Member Posts: 398

Don't panic yet..easier said than done, I know
    I know how scary this is, but don't panic yet. Sometimes nodules are benign, no big deal at all. And, if you get the worse case scenario where it does turn out to be cancer, there are many treatments available. As you can see from this site, many people live full lives with cancer or are cured. Hang in there and let us know how it turns out.

bhill
    ColoradoDani is giving you very good advice. 3mm is very very tiny. If it does turn out to be cancer, try to find some comfort that they found it early. That is the best time to cure it.I'm guess they will take a wait and see approach for a while. I was told they could not even do a biopsy unless it was larger than 1 cm. So you have quite a way to go. Hang in there and if you have any questions just ask.

cathy