Finally, surgery coming up this week

dl650a
dl650a Member Posts: 37
Well, I'm finally coming up on surgery (diagnosed Feb 9). It's scheduled for this coming Friday. Although the anxiety levels are starting (continuing) to increase, I'm ready to get that sucker out of me. It's about 7cm and located in the upper lobe, so it will be a laparoscopic radical procedure.

I've had simultaneous bi-lateral knee replacement, so I'm used to some types of surgery pain, but I suspect this could be quite different.

I've been able to keep busy at work, so at least during the day I don't think about it every minute. Hopefully at the end of this coming week, I'll be on the recovery side of this trip and looking forward to a few motorcycle trips later this summer as well as important stuff like spending time with my family and friends.

I'll be back in a week or so and let you know how I'm doing.

Ed

Comments

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    Finally
    dl650a,

I waited almost 2 months for my surgery. I joked that because it was in the summer it coudn't interfere with my doctors' tee times. Take it easy afterwords and don't rush the motorcycle.

Best wishes,

Icemantoo
  • Beingbless
    Beingbless Member Posts: 46
    icemantoo said:

Finally
    dl650a,

I waited almost 2 months for my surgery. I joked that because it was in the summer it coudn't interfere with my doctors' tee times. Take it easy afterwords and don't rush the motorcycle.

Best wishes,

Icemantoo

Keep your faith up
    You will be fine. Pray that you have lots of peace in your heart. God will see you through.
  • foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member

Keep your faith up
    You will be fine. Pray that you have lots of peace in your heart. God will see you through.

friday, surgery
    Good luck Ed! By the way, you'll be riding . I was. Just get well first.
  • garym
    garym Member Posts: 1,647
    foxhd said:

friday, surgery
    Good luck Ed! By the way, you'll be riding . I was. Just get well first.

Surgery...
    Ed,

You'll be back in the saddle and cruizen before you know it. Us bikers recover faster than most.

Good luck and Godspeed,

Gary
  • Olsera
    Olsera Member Posts: 38
    garym said:

Surgery...
    Ed,

You'll be back in the saddle and cruizen before you know it. Us bikers recover faster than most.

Good luck and Godspeed,

Gary

Surgery
    I hope your surgery goes smoothly for you on Friday you will be happy to have it done & over with and be on the road to recovery.
  • Texas_wedge
    Texas_wedge Member Posts: 2,798
    Olsera said:

Surgery
    I hope your surgery goes smoothly for you on Friday you will be happy to have it done & over with and be on the road to recovery.

Friday
    Good luck Ed and no biking next week, at least, not until you've reported in here and been cleared for it by the gang.
  • garym

Friday
    Good luck Ed and no biking next week, at least, not until you've reported in here and been cleared for it by the gang.

Prolific poster...
    T,

I just noticed you passed the old the iceman in number of posts, took him 10 years and you 4 months. Golf, exercise, research, post, when do you sleep? I for one am glad you are here.
  • MikeK703
    MikeK703 Member Posts: 235
    garym said:

Prolific poster...
    T,

I just noticed you passed the old the iceman in number of posts, took him 10 years and you 4 months. Golf, exercise, research, post, when do you sleep? I for one am glad you are here.

It must be all that spinach Tex is eating. I hear spinach makes one talkative.
    I agree with your last sentence, Gary.
  • Texas_wedge
    Texas_wedge Member Posts: 2,798
    MikeK703 said:

It must be all that spinach Tex is eating. I hear spinach makes one talkative.
    I agree with your last sentence, Gary.

Posts and sleep
    Thanks, guys. How did you mean it? I notice you were sensitive enough, Gary, to say "I for one am glad you are here", rather than 'I for one am glad you are still here'!

What you've heard about spinach must be wrong Mike because I've eaten spinach all my life and always been this taciturn.

By the way, I may be more active soon, if the morphine I'll probably be on again in a couple of weeks time keeps me as awake and hyped up as it did in Dec and Jan. I'll have to be careful not to get hooked on the stuff.

Gary, have you ever wondered what the count is of people iceman has helped over the years with encouragement, reassurance and sage advice - and the occasional well-judged bit of humour as well? It must be a prodigious number by now!
  • garym

Posts and sleep
    Thanks, guys. How did you mean it? I notice you were sensitive enough, Gary, to say "I for one am glad you are here", rather than 'I for one am glad you are still here'!

What you've heard about spinach must be wrong Mike because I've eaten spinach all my life and always been this taciturn.

By the way, I may be more active soon, if the morphine I'll probably be on again in a couple of weeks time keeps me as awake and hyped up as it did in Dec and Jan. I'll have to be careful not to get hooked on the stuff.

Gary, have you ever wondered what the count is of people iceman has helped over the years with encouragement, reassurance and sage advice - and the occasional well-judged bit of humour as well? It must be a prodigious number by now!

The iceman
    I count myself luckily and happily among his flock!
  • adobe
    adobe Member Posts: 72
    surery
    Hello - and please let all of your friends here on CSN hear from you as soon as you are up and walking around. We are all here for you!