Hi mates It is FRIDAY HERE.ANY INTERESTING PLAN FOR THE WEEKEND ?.

pepebcn
pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
Still a bit low do to chemo but , having dinner on Friday with wife and friends.Sunday Family lunch at mum,s house.
What about you mates?

Comments

• northernlites
    northernlites Member Posts: 96
    going on a long over due
    going on a long over due vacation....somewhere warmer.. Finally got the ok from onc..

Tessa
  • Minnesotagirl
    Minnesotagirl Member Posts: 141
    Fun weekend
    We are blessed to have our oldest son, his wife and our first and only grandson here for a few days. Fun to be a Grandma to a 1 year old...busy, busy! Tonight we took my husband's mother out for her 88th birthday dinner. She does very well for "88" ~ how blessed we are to have her all these years.

Hey, if we all live to "88" we should all go out to dinner together...maybe meet in the middle of the world somewhere...that will be my new goal..."88".

Enjoy life everyone~

"Minnie"
  • wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member

Fun weekend
    We are blessed to have our oldest son, his wife and our first and only grandson here for a few days. Fun to be a Grandma to a 1 year old...busy, busy! Tonight we took my husband's mother out for her 88th birthday dinner. She does very well for "88" ~ how blessed we are to have her all these years.

Hey, if we all live to "88" we should all go out to dinner together...maybe meet in the middle of the world somewhere...that will be my new goal..."88".

Enjoy life everyone~

"Minnie"

Arts & Crafts
    Going out to the Fountain Hills Great Fair tomorrow. It is hubby's 65th birthday. Just to get out in fresh air, look around, and eat some really good Chinese food at a small restaurant there.

Luv,

Wolfen
  • MrsJP
    MrsJP Member Posts: 157
    Sitting.....
    with the grandbabies this morning so we will be coloring, playing with toys and having story time. Then it's off to the vet with my dog...she is loosing her balance..(11 yrs old, 77 in people years). Hopefully just an ear infection. Saturday and Sunday are still open...

Hope your week end is filled with joy.
    jp
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    away diving for the week up where i was lost at sea 4 years ago
    today i went on a school excursion.
    we watched the best survival story on the biggest screen in the world.

if the story of mawson does not raise your spirits, then you better keep on looking if you want hope.

http://petertrayhurn.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/imax-antarctica-mawson-excursion-and.html#!http://petertrayhurn.blogspot.com/2012/02/imax-antarctica-mawson-excursion-and.html

then i am off diving for a week. back to where i was lost a sea. i just cannot wait.
    to be well enough to dive, and its deep and very difficult and obviously a bit risky. per my story a few years ago. whats the point of living if i have know adventure. so just packing tomorrow.

then sunday mass, a birthday party, a meditation seminar with ian gawler and then the 10 hour drive north for the diving holiday. sunday is a big day so i am going to try and get some rest tomorrow.

i hope the folfox tiredness goes pepe. i hope the folfox does its job on the crc. i think diet, tcm, probiotics, gut relief etc etc helped me during folfox. its lent, so a few extra prayers are happening each day.

with hope and faith, what else do we need? oh i guess some friends to make our journey fun.
    I am researching taking the kids to antarctica. if the money comes through off we go.

hugs,
    Pete
  • pepebcn

going on a long over due
    going on a long over due vacation....somewhere warmer.. Finally got the ok from onc..

Tessa

That's huge Tessa!
    Do you know were?.
    Enjoy it!
  • pepebcn

Fun weekend

Enjoy life everyone~

"Minnie"

HEHEHEHE! great goal hope to join you in the dinner Minnie!
    We have lots of time to talk about were!.
    Hugs!
  • pepebcn
    wolfen said:

Arts & Crafts
    Going out to the Fountain Hills Great Fair tomorrow. It is hubby's 65th birthday. Just to get out in fresh air, look around, and eat some really good Chinese food at a small restaurant there.

Luv,

Wolfen

Get a superb day Wolfen.
    Lots of congratulations to your husband!.
    Hugs.
  • pepebcn
    MrsJP said:

Sitting.....
    with the grandbabies this morning so we will be coloring, playing with toys and having story time. Then it's off to the vet with my dog...she is loosing her balance..(11 yrs old, 77 in people years). Hopefully just an ear infection. Saturday and Sunday are still open...

Hope your week end is filled with joy.
    jp

Enjoy the kids jp!
    That's a great plan.
    Hugs.
  • pepebcn

away diving for the week up where i was lost at sea 4 years ago
    today i went on a school excursion.
    we watched the best survival story on the biggest screen in the world.

if the story of mawson does not raise your spirits, then you better keep on looking if you want hope.

http://petertrayhurn.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/imax-antarctica-mawson-excursion-and.html#!http://petertrayhurn.blogspot.com/2012/02/imax-antarctica-mawson-excursion-and.html

then i am off diving for a week. back to where i was lost a sea. i just cannot wait.
    to be well enough to dive, and its deep and very difficult and obviously a bit risky. per my story a few years ago. whats the point of living if i have know adventure. so just packing tomorrow.

then sunday mass, a birthday party, a meditation seminar with ian gawler and then the 10 hour drive north for the diving holiday. sunday is a big day so i am going to try and get some rest tomorrow.

i hope the folfox tiredness goes pepe. i hope the folfox does its job on the crc. i think diet, tcm, probiotics, gut relief etc etc helped me during folfox. its lent, so a few extra prayers are happening each day.

with hope and faith, what else do we need? oh i guess some friends to make our journey fun.
    I am researching taking the kids to antarctica. if the money comes through off we go.

hugs,
    Pete

Wow what a week Pete.
    Busy and exciting!
    Thank you for the wishes!
  • joemetz
    joemetz Member Posts: 493
    Great question
    thanks for posting this question.... its such a graet way to get to know everyone.

My wife and I have four kids... Final JV Basketball game tonight for my sophmore son.
    should be fun. I look forward to Friday nights, and will miss high school football and b-ball.
    but spring around the corner.

Relaxing today, after we recieved good news from the onc yesterday.
    after 8 weeks of chemo (stage IV, mets to liver... 30+ leisions in the liver) (Folfox 6, 5FU & Erbitux)... we were told...

NO NEW Cancer.
    And, all 30 of the leisions within the liver have reduced in size by 25-40%.
    the drugs appear to be the "right cocktail" for me... so i'm floating today with this good news.
    and, my onc ended our meeting with hugs for me and my wife. As well as four nurses hugging us.
    I've always been a big hugger... now i'm even worse.

I shake hands with no one... as i tell them I'm from Toledo, We Hug!

finally, Sunday... Mass with my four kids and wife and then off to see the Jersey Boys in the afternoon with my wife and youngest daughter.

Cheers to everyone and my prayers are with you all.

JoeMetz
  • pepebcn
    joemetz said:

Great question
    thanks for posting this question.... its such a graet way to get to know everyone.

My wife and I have four kids... Final JV Basketball game tonight for my sophmore son.
    should be fun. I look forward to Friday nights, and will miss high school football and b-ball.
    but spring around the corner.

Relaxing today, after we recieved good news from the onc yesterday.
    after 8 weeks of chemo (stage IV, mets to liver... 30+ leisions in the liver) (Folfox 6, 5FU & Erbitux)... we were told...

NO NEW Cancer.
    And, all 30 of the leisions within the liver have reduced in size by 25-40%.
    the drugs appear to be the "right cocktail" for me... so i'm floating today with this good news.
    and, my onc ended our meeting with hugs for me and my wife. As well as four nurses hugging us.
    I've always been a big hugger... now i'm even worse.

I shake hands with no one... as i tell them I'm from Toledo, We Hug!

finally, Sunday... Mass with my four kids and wife and then off to see the Jersey Boys in the afternoon with my wife and youngest daughter.

Cheers to everyone and my prayers are with you all.

JoeMetz

Hi Joe , first of all congratulations on your Scans .
    This is the way! .Once that said notice that Fridays post is a kind of tradition that we keep since I'm member of this board, so feel free to join us
    every Friday , it is a way to forget about cancer for a while and as you say to know each other better.
    Wish you very relaxed weekend!
    Hugs.
    Pepe.
    Barcelona.
  • tommycat
    tommycat Member Posts: 790 Member
    Hi you!
    Tomorrow I am going to a step class (crikey!) and then later that evening a friend is having a birthday dinner for me---isn't that nice of her??? My birthday isn't until March 3, but celebrate early and often is my motto.
    Just glad to get another birthday.....
    Anyway, Sunday I think we'll be too full and fizzy to think about much. If the weather is nice, we'll get outdoors as a family.
    xo
  • ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
    I am still reading the same
    I am still reading the same 622 oage book. On page 82.
  • Kenny H.
    Kenny H. Member Posts: 502 Member
    ketziah35 said:

Chemo today so just gonna
    Chemo today so just gonna take it easy this weekend at home.
    Daytona 500 sunday to.
  • druidshadow
    druidshadow Member Posts: 85
    wow
    i have been way caught up in my own issues i forgot about the Daytona 500 this weekend, i will try to watch it. go dale 88! john
  • ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    Another massive storm
    I was up till three this morning (sat here) bailing out my unit. We had a massive storm again last night that dumped another five inches of rain in five hours. I was totally exhausted by the time it stopped. Starting to feel picked on :) Ron.
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Kenny H. said:

Chemo today so just gonna
    Chemo today so just gonna take it easy this weekend at home.
    Daytona 500 sunday to.

Start Your Engines!
    For my Daytona 500...the #3 car will be out on the lead lap!

Go Dale Earnhardt!

P.S. Kenny, I watched a biography on Cale Yarborough today - man, that was good stuff watching that old highlight footage...he was a hard drivin' son of a gun.

Be cool, Kenny - see you 'round the track.

-Craig
  • pepebcn
    tommycat said:

Hi you!
    Tomorrow I am going to a step class (crikey!) and then later that evening a friend is having a birthday dinner for me---isn't that nice of her??? My birthday isn't until March 3, but celebrate early and often is my motto.
    Just glad to get another birthday.....
    Anyway, Sunday I think we'll be too full and fizzy to think about much. If the weather is nice, we'll get outdoors as a family.
    xo

Tori, you are so fun , the only girl I know
    that likes to celebrate an early birthday !.LOL.
    Get fun my friend.
  • pepebcn
    ketziah35 said:

Hi Ketz.
    Just three letters : LOL.
    Big hug my friend!