Stable impression on CT SCAN

My dad had his CT Scan today and the results show stable lung and liver nodules. He has had 6 chemo treatments with a break in December when he was in the hospital. Is stable a good thing? I was hoping that it would show some response, but I will be happy with stable, since it could be worse. He want's to take a week break before he begins his next 6 treatments.

Comments

• Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    stable
    We have always been happy with stable. It is great to not have growth. I hope your dad gets his break.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • Pauls Daughter
    Pauls Daughter Member Posts: 13

stable
    We have always been happy with stable. It is great to not have growth. I hope your dad gets his break.

Aloha,
    Kathleen

Stable
    Thanks Kathleen, Its hard to know. He did get a break this week and will start the next 6 treatments the 22nd. For 82 he is a tough guy, that is for sure. I wish everyone on here to have good news always.
  • Sonia32
    Sonia32 Member Posts: 1,071 Member
    Hugs
    Stable is good, I know you rather he would be free from this, but until that happens stable is a good word to read after ned. :-) Your dad is lucky to have you.
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Sonia32 said:

Hugs
    Stable is good, I know you rather he would be free from this, but until that happens stable is a good word to read after ned. :-) Your dad is lucky to have you.

Stable........
    I was considered stable and am on a 2 month break at my Onc and my concensus...Stable is great if there may not be a great percentage of being cured. We are looking at quality as well as quantity but mostly quality. He may ask about a longer break if he is stable and perhaps let them monitor with scans until they see a change ...That makes us feel like brand new....You may want to look into that as well....It is certainly a welcome change for me..........Best wishes to you and your father..........
  • Pauls Daughter
    Sonia32 said:

Hugs

Grateful
    Thank you. I feel lucky to have had him in my life. He is the best man that I know and I know some really good ones. I will be happy with stable, it is just so hard on him as you all know. I appreciate everyone's knowledge and experience, it helps us all so much.
  • Pauls Daughter
    Sonia32 said:

Hugs

Grateful
    Thank you. I feel lucky to have had him in my life. He is the best man that I know and I know some really good ones. I will be happy with stable, it is just so hard on him as you all know. I appreciate everyone's knowledge and experience, it helps us all so much.
  • Pauls Daughter
    Buzzard said:

Stable........
    I was considered stable and am on a 2 month break at my Onc and my concensus...Stable is great if there may not be a great percentage of being cured. We are looking at quality as well as quantity but mostly quality. He may ask about a longer break if he is stable and perhaps let them monitor with scans until they see a change ...That makes us feel like brand new....You may want to look into that as well....It is certainly a welcome change for me..........Best wishes to you and your father..........

Break
    I would love for him to have a break and start to feel somewhat better, then he would think that all this treatment and side effects. I am glad to know that when you get one, you start to feel better. Happy that you got one. How long have you been stable that they let you have a break. Best wishes to you also. Thank you.