Starting chemo Wednesday Anyone have stage 3a. Good new??

HI
I am starting this week, for the 6 months of treatment.
1 infusion and 2 weeks on the pills and 1 week off.
Had surgery and a port put in.
Has anyone else had the same stage and the same treatment?
I am hopeing to hear good news. Thanks

Comments

• tommycat
    tommycat Member Posts: 790 Member
    I didn't do any pills, but I
    I didn't do any pills, but I did have the infusions and the pump (the port is great--you will come to really appreciate it). Dx Spring 2009 Stage 3 rectal and am currently doing very well. It is a bumpy, hard road, but you CAN DO IT.
    Are you going to have a temporary ileostomy?
  • betina61
    betina61 Member Posts: 642 Member
    stage3a here
    Hi I was dx in july 2006 1 positive limph node so my stage was 3a, my regimen was folfox but not pills just the infusion and the pump at home and it was every other week for 6 month, which is the standard,I felt reasonably good I continued working during the whole treatment,it has been more than 5 years,and i have been NED since surgery,I have my last pet scan pending because my insurance was changed at work and I needed to pay a very high co-pay but that is solved now and will schedule it when I come back from a cruise in March,hopefully I expect everything to be fine.My advice to you be positive and optimistic,I started planing my next vacation right after surgery.You are going to be fine.
  • need support
    need support Member Posts: 40
    betina61 said:

stage3a here
    Hi I was dx in july 2006 1 positive limph node so my stage was 3a, my regimen was folfox but not pills just the infusion and the pump at home and it was every other week for 6 month, which is the standard,I felt reasonably good I continued working during the whole treatment,it has been more than 5 years,and i have been NED since surgery,I have my last pet scan pending because my insurance was changed at work and I needed to pay a very high co-pay but that is solved now and will schedule it when I come back from a cruise in March,hopefully I expect everything to be fine.My advice to you be positive and optimistic,I started planing my next vacation right after surgery.You are going to be fine.

Hi have stage 3 b nine months ago
    Actually had sugery and 6 months of chemo. First three rounds were a little tough they will monitor your blood and adjust your chemo accordingly. Actually got to the point where the last 9 rounds were very manaeagable. Infact the off week was pretty much a normal lifestyle did pretty much what I wanted to do. I got the port removed and now live a normal lifestyle only 9 months later. I take no special medicines other than changed my diet to a much healthier one. Physically this wasn't that bad, mentally is something you have to cope with. If you read my article on "need support" I posted a few days ago I didn't get what I needed from my family if you have that you should be fine. Good luck any questions just ask since i just went through all of this. chuck