I know it,s a sad day but I know Lisa would like it so Its FRIDAY, any interesting plan for the week

pepebcn
pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
I'm not able to think about what to do in this sad moment , but life must go on, probably go to dinner somewhere ...we will see!
Cheer up my friends!

Comments

• here4lfe
    here4lfe Member Posts: 306 Member
    Donating Blood
    I am a 'baby donor', so donate when I can.

Best
  • tommycat
    tommycat Member Posts: 790 Member
    Family comes in today and I
    Family comes in today and I am making my weekend all about love...love love love.
  • pepebcn
    here4lfe said:

Donating Blood
    I am a 'baby donor', so donate when I can.

Best

Nice , very nice and helpful plan !
    Hugs!
  • pepebcn
    tommycat said:

Family comes in today and I
    Family comes in today and I am making my weekend all about love...love love love.

Tori enjoy the family !
    Love is all we need today.
    Hugs!
  • Sonia32
    Sonia32 Member Posts: 1,071 Member
    pepebcn said:

Tori enjoy the family !
    Love is all we need today.
    Hugs!

:-)
    love it when you say cheer up, so wrong but right at the same time.
  • buckeye2
    buckeye2 Member Posts: 428 Member
    I agree that Lisa would want
    I agree that Lisa would want us to continue to send the message out to all especially the newly diagnosed that the focus needs to be on living. I can remember being a newcomer and realizing that people out there are living their normal lives with this disease. This post is a weekly reminder of that. Today we are taking our three daughters and cousins to a hotel with indoor water park for our middle daughters 17th b-day on Monday. Hubby having some issues but we are rallying to focus on her this weekend. Lisa
  • pepebcn
    Sonia32 said:

:-)
    love it when you say cheer up, so wrong but right at the same time.

LOL!
    you told me several times! you must explain me properly !
    Hugs dear Sonia!
  • thingy45
    thingy45 Member Posts: 632 Member
    buckeye2 said:

I agree that Lisa would want us to continue to send the message out to all especially the newly diagnosed that the focus needs to be on living. I can remember being a newcomer and realizing that people out there are living their normal lives with this disease. This post is a weekly reminder of that. Today we are taking our three daughters and cousins to a hotel with indoor water park for our middle daughters 17th b-day on Monday. Hubby having some issues but we are rallying to focus on her this weekend. Lisa

Skating
    Right now I am burning a 24 hour remembrance candle for Lisa and YES I am positive that she wants us to go on cheering each other and helping each other in her spirit.

We have a large park here Hewlarek park and there will be a Dutch festival there with skating on the lake. Possibility of renting Dutch old fashion wooden skates. Eating "Erwtensoup' peasoup, corquettes an d all kind of Dutch goodies.
    Weather is nice and sunny appr. plus 6 Celsius.

I will not be skating, but eating!!
    Hugs,
    Marjan
  • pepebcn
    buckeye2 said:

Excellent plan Lisa!
    I hope hubby gets better due the funny weekend !
  • pepebcn
    thingy45 said:

Skating
    Right now I am burning a 24 hour remembrance candle for Lisa and YES I am positive that she wants us to go on cheering each other and helping each other in her spirit.

We have a large park here Hewlarek park and there will be a Dutch festival there with skating on the lake. Possibility of renting Dutch old fashion wooden skates. Eating "Erwtensoup' peasoup, corquettes an d all kind of Dutch goodies.

Hugs,
    Marjan

LOL. Marjan , sounds great , nice reminder of homeland isn't ?
    I'd like a comment from our friend Kathi! hehehe!
    Get fun my friend!
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    thingy45 said:

Skating

Hugs,
    Marjan

mmmmm...YEA!!!!!!
    Pas op lieverd!

Those old wooden skates are a devil to keep on!!!

*smile* I had erwetensoup...also known as snert (I LOVE that name!!!) in Friesland on the ice...along with my gluwine...and I skated soooooo well....without skates!!!

All of our ice is almost gone. It's turning spring here day by day...the sneeuwklokjes are back, as well as the crocuses are coming up. The birds have started singing (sure sign of Lente), and I got my own personal serenade by our neighborhood nightingale....lovely tune!

This weekend will be quiet, visiting with a friend who is slowly losing his battle with cancer. But he is going to teach me to make boterkoek (butter cake)....mmmmm! I love him dearly, and it's sure to be a good time.

Other than that, it's normal weekend stuff...laundry, house stuff. Will work outside in the garden. The rhododendrons are budding, and the hortensias suffered a bit from the freeze and need to be trimmed.

I, too, have a candle lit.

Hugs to us all, Kathi
  • ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
    Still trying to finish the
    Still trying to finish the same 600 page book.
  • pepebcn
    KathiM said:

mmmmm...YEA!!!!!!
    Pas op lieverd!

Those old wooden skates are a devil to keep on!!!

*smile* I had erwetensoup...also known as snert (I LOVE that name!!!) in Friesland on the ice...along with my gluwine...and I skated soooooo well....without skates!!!

All of our ice is almost gone. It's turning spring here day by day...the sneeuwklokjes are back, as well as the crocuses are coming up. The birds have started singing (sure sign of Lente), and I got my own personal serenade by our neighborhood nightingale....lovely tune!

This weekend will be quiet, visiting with a friend who is slowly losing his battle with cancer. But he is going to teach me to make boterkoek (butter cake)....mmmmm! I love him dearly, and it's sure to be a good time.

Other than that, it's normal weekend stuff...laundry, house stuff. Will work outside in the garden. The rhododendrons are budding, and the hortensias suffered a bit from the freeze and need to be trimmed.

I, too, have a candle lit.

Hugs to us all, Kathi

What's exactly erwetensoup?
    Explain please! LOL.
    Hugs Kathi!
  • pepebcn
    ketziah35 said:

Still trying to finish the
    Still trying to finish the same 600 page book.

HEHEHEHE! Ketz you are great!
    How is the book?
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    pepebcn said:

What's exactly erwetensoup?
    Explain please! LOL.
    Hugs Kathi!

Marjan said as well...
    VERY thick, savory pea soup. It's served here in Holland with lots of carrot and potatoe pieces, and pieces of sausage in it.

There is even a special way to eat it. Because it is sooooo thick, it stays VERY hot at the bottom. So, you always start eating it from the top, NEVER stirring, skimming a spoonful off the top, one spoon at a time. By the time you reach bottom, the rest has had a chance to cool...if you try to eat it fast, you can get a nasty burnt tongue...*smile*...

Knuffels, Kathi
  • pepebcn
    KathiM said:

Marjan said as well...
    VERY thick, savory pea soup. It's served here in Holland with lots of carrot and potatoe pieces, and pieces of sausage in it.

There is even a special way to eat it. Because it is sooooo thick, it stays VERY hot at the bottom. So, you always start eating it from the top, NEVER stirring, skimming a spoonful off the top, one spoon at a time. By the time you reach bottom, the rest has had a chance to cool...if you try to eat it fast, you can get a nasty burnt tongue...*smile*...

Knuffels, Kathi

WoW interesting ,every time I understand more and more
    why we left holand, .It's even difficult yo eat a soup! Just a joke! LOL. Do you realize how easy is to get and drink a Gazpacho?
    hehehehe! Hugs dear Dutchies friends!
  • ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    quiet weekend
    G'day Pepe,
    Having a very quiet weekend,got out of hospital late friday afternoon. They took 3 cores out of my left kidney so I have 3 thirteen centimetre deep holes in my back. It took nearly two hours for the the procedure ,i have lost nearly 5cm in height in the last couple of years thanks mainly to the bone destroying effects of high dose prednisone. One of my ribs now covers half my kidney and they were not sure whether they could guide the needle with ultrasound or if they would need to resort to ct. They did it in the end but I don't know if they hit the right area. After the procedure there was not a trace of blood in my urine so once again they may have missed the area containing the filters. There will be no more ,that is my thrird one and the whole procedure terrifies me. havagoodweekend,Ron.
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Pepe:
    Left this am for house in Mid-Mchigan. George feels well enough that he has joined several guys about an hour north of here for a poker evening. Will be lots of good food and libations. He will spend the night and come back here late tomorrow afternoon. So, I am going to curl up in an ultra comfortable (although unattractive) recliner, coverlet, nice warm fire, cat curled up on my legs, kindle and nice coffee in hand.

It will be nice to have an evening of no TV, telephone, interruptions and spend some time reflecting on our journey, shedding a tear for my dear George and dear Lisa and everyone suffering from this disease and reading a nice book.

Life goes on I guess so enjoy and reflect.

Hugs - Tina
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    busy weekend
    dear pepe,

thanks for keeping your famous thread going!

keith first soccer game today.
    visited naturopath about heavy metal poisoning,
    goto get a couple of enemas at some point, essential for the chelation detoxing process.
    church and the musuem tomorrow.

a busy weekend, but fun, the kids are great and my wife is working in the city.
    had a good nap this afternoon. i needed it.

hugs,
    Pete

ps its a sad and joyful day, lisa had amazing faith, she had a wonderful caring and sharing spirit which made a big impression on me.
  • pepebcn
    ron50 said:

quiet weekend
    G'day Pepe,
    Having a very quiet weekend,got out of hospital late friday afternoon. They took 3 cores out of my left kidney so I have 3 thirteen centimetre deep holes in my back. It took nearly two hours for the the procedure ,i have lost nearly 5cm in height in the last couple of years thanks mainly to the bone destroying effects of high dose prednisone. One of my ribs now covers half my kidney and they were not sure whether they could guide the needle with ultrasound or if they would need to resort to ct. They did it in the end but I don't know if they hit the right area. After the procedure there was not a trace of blood in my urine so once again they may have missed the area containing the filters. There will be no more ,that is my thrird one and the whole procedure terrifies me. havagoodweekend,Ron.

Wow Ron, not a very funny weekend!
    I'm praying for a fast healing and hope you can come back very soon to your activities.
    God Bless you my friend!