Stage 4, 3 years NED

2»

Comments

• relaxoutdoors08
    relaxoutdoors08 Member Posts: 521 Member

one question
    i am new to all this what does NED mean?

NED No Evidence of Disease
    NED No Evidence of Disease much like the previous term being "in remission".
    NB

Thanks LIving in NH -- you beat me to the post. Have a nice day.
  • druidshadow
    druidshadow Member Posts: 85

one question
    i am new to all this what does NED mean?

thanx
    i wanted to thank yo both for letting me know i am only been at this a couple months and this is the first time i have talked to anyone on boards like this, i tried the chat room but can't seem to get in. john
  • smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member

thanx
    i wanted to thank yo both for letting me know i am only been at this a couple months and this is the first time i have talked to anyone on boards like this, i tried the chat room but can't seem to get in. john

Randy, I'm curious, have
    Randy, I'm curious, have you been off chemo. for a while and if so how long. Was your liver met dealt with by surgery? Thanks
  • Randy33
    Randy33 Member Posts: 69 Member
    smokeyjoe said:

Randy, I'm curious, have
    Randy, I'm curious, have you been off chemo. for a while and if so how long. Was your liver met dealt with by surgery? Thanks

I completed 10 rounds
    I completed 10 rounds Folfox/Avastin in Dec. 08. My doctor wanted me to do 12 rounds, but the neuropathy got too bad and I had to stop. I still have some numbness in my feet. The original plan was to do surgery after chemo but the PET scan showed that my liver met had disappeared. My doc told me that I had a 95% chance of recurrance, but so far I have managed to stay NED.
    Randy
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    Randy33 said:

I completed 10 rounds
    I completed 10 rounds Folfox/Avastin in Dec. 08. My doctor wanted me to do 12 rounds, but the neuropathy got too bad and I had to stop. I still have some numbness in my feet. The original plan was to do surgery after chemo but the PET scan showed that my liver met had disappeared. My doc told me that I had a 95% chance of recurrance, but so far I have managed to stay NED.
    Randy

I finished Folfox / Avastin
    I finished Folfox / Avastin Oct 2009. My CEA starting going up about December 2011. Slight tumor activity in pet but not CT, January 2012.
  • menright
    menright Member Posts: 256 Member
    Hoorah for NED
    Glad to hear your encouraging story. I too am Stage IV with mets to liver and lung. Liver resection took care of that. Now a lung surgery will hopefully do the same. Enjoy the NED!

Mike
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Randy
    What wonderful news, thank you so much for sharing.
    Keep up the diet and exercise and anything else you are doing, because it seems to be working GREAT for you!!!
    I'm really, really trying to get into the exercise thing. I discovered I'm not the type of person to do the gym etc.(I've tried and failed so many times), but lately since I got an IPod, I rediscovered the music I used to dance to so many years ago, and am getting a nightly work out under the moon and the stars in my back yard, now that's exercise I discovered I can hang with.
    Keep up the good work and healthy life style!!!
    Winter Marie
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member

thanx

John
    As for getting into chat I can't seem to either, but I think I could using explorer and not foxfire, I can't remember, but I believe that is what I had to do.
    Winter Marie
  • seek@light
    seek@light Member Posts: 26
    so grateful
    Hi Randy,

What an encouraging story in such a special day. I visited the website yesterday and ended up with tears in my eyes for Lisa's case. I was a little bit scared to be back today.

Thanks a lot!

Gary