Does anyone have info on NEW VITALITY AGELESS MALE SUPPLEMENT ,

THE CLAIM IS IS RAISES TESPOSTERONE LEVELS AND GIVES A FEEELING OF MORE ENERGY
The main ingredient is saw pallmetto .

Is it a question for my doctor ?

Comments

• nowrest
    nowrest Member Posts: 48 Member
    Ageless
    Never heard of it. Why not just take Saw Palmetto, with Dr,s advice of course.
  • lewvino
    lewvino Member Posts: 1,010
    I'm not sure why you would
    I'm not sure why you would want to take things to raise testosterone levels. I believe that prostate cancer can feed off of testosterone. Many worse case scenarios the testicles are removed to halt the production of testosterone.

Larry
  • BOBfromNJ
    BOBfromNJ Member Posts: 32
    lewvino said:

I'm not sure why you would
    I'm not sure why you would want to take things to raise testosterone levels. I believe that prostate cancer can feed off of testosterone. Many worse case scenarios the testicles are removed to halt the production of testosterone.

Larry

Have to agree with Larry
    Hey Joe,

This is what I was able to find on WebMD which is usally reliable.

Saw palmetto is best known for its use in decreasing symptoms of an enlarged prostate (benign prostatic hypertrophy, BPH). According to many research studies, it is effective for this use.

Saw palmetto is used for treating certain types of prostate infections. It is also sometimes used, in combination with other herbs, to treat prostate cancer.

Some people use saw palmetto for colds and coughs, sore throat, asthma, chronic bronchitis, chronic pelvic pain syndrome, and migraineheadache. It is also used to increase urine flow (as a diuretic), to promote relaxation (as a sedative), and to enhance sexual drive (as an aphrodisiac).

How does it work?
    Saw palmetto doesn’t shrink the overall size of the prostate, but it seems to shrink the inner lining that puts pressure on the tubes that carry urine.

Question is...why would you take it if you don't have an enlarged prostate or a prostate infection? Don't know if your doctor (and mine) would approve since it is a vitamin supplement.

Take care,
    Bob
  • mattmans5
    mattmans5 Member Posts: 70
    BOBfromNJ said:

Have to agree with Larry
    Hey Joe,

This is what I was able to find on WebMD which is usally reliable.

Saw palmetto is best known for its use in decreasing symptoms of an enlarged prostate (benign prostatic hypertrophy, BPH). According to many research studies, it is effective for this use.

Saw palmetto is used for treating certain types of prostate infections. It is also sometimes used, in combination with other herbs, to treat prostate cancer.

Some people use saw palmetto for colds and coughs, sore throat, asthma, chronic bronchitis, chronic pelvic pain syndrome, and migraineheadache. It is also used to increase urine flow (as a diuretic), to promote relaxation (as a sedative), and to enhance sexual drive (as an aphrodisiac).

How does it work?
    Saw palmetto doesn’t shrink the overall size of the prostate, but it seems to shrink the inner lining that puts pressure on the tubes that carry urine.

Question is...why would you take it if you don't have an enlarged prostate or a prostate infection? Don't know if your doctor (and mine) would approve since it is a vitamin supplement.

Take care,
    Bob

ageless male supplement.
    Thank you guys for the response, ,

Why would I take anything to raise testosterone. Well , I guess good advertising ,

Suggesting if you feel tired and dont have the same energy level a simple suplement can help increase testoterone levels in men , and give back a feeling of youth .

5 kids , a 60 mile one way commute daily as a carpenter in New York City overtime as much as I can work , living check to check to pay bills coaching baseball for 16 years wakeing up at 5.00 am and finishing the day at 9.30 most nights . Dealing with this disease , E.D issues , and every problem life throws our way . I know I have no choice with being a member of the P.C.A club, I am 48 years old always had a lot of energy and I am getting tired a lot and it is hard to keep the pace up so the foutain of youth looks good and dont want to join the I am getting older club .

I havent taken the supplement , and while writing this ,realizing how ridicuolus it sounds compared to my first post 7 months ago it is 4.51 am and time to start another day . Thanks for the honest posts
  • lewvino
    lewvino Member Posts: 1,010
    mattmans5 said:

ageless male supplement.
    Thank you guys for the response, ,

Why would I take anything to raise testosterone. Well , I guess good advertising ,

Suggesting if you feel tired and dont have the same energy level a simple suplement can help increase testoterone levels in men , and give back a feeling of youth .

5 kids , a 60 mile one way commute daily as a carpenter in New York City overtime as much as I can work , living check to check to pay bills coaching baseball for 16 years wakeing up at 5.00 am and finishing the day at 9.30 most nights . Dealing with this disease , E.D issues , and every problem life throws our way . I know I have no choice with being a member of the P.C.A club, I am 48 years old always had a lot of energy and I am getting tired a lot and it is hard to keep the pace up so the foutain of youth looks good and dont want to join the I am getting older club .

I havent taken the supplement , and while writing this ,realizing how ridicuolus it sounds compared to my first post 7 months ago it is 4.51 am and time to start another day . Thanks for the honest posts

Mattmans5, I don't think
    Mattmans5, I don't think anything is ridicuolus. These forums are places to get information and support as we travel this journey. My oldest Son commutes into NYC Daily also. When I have been to visit him after 3 or 4 trips into the Big Apple I'm worn out!

Try and take some time for yourself and if you find the fountain of youth please let me know! I need it also!

Laarry
  • maloo
    maloo Member Posts: 1
    lewvino said:

Mattmans5, I don't think
    Mattmans5, I don't think anything is ridicuolus. These forums are places to get information and support as we travel this journey. My oldest Son commutes into NYC Daily also. When I have been to visit him after 3 or 4 trips into the Big Apple I'm worn out!

Try and take some time for yourself and if you find the fountain of youth please let me know! I need it also!

Laarry

bogus
    I just checked the patent number listed on their label and it's for some 'pressure chamber'
  • timsgrl
    timsgrl Member Posts: 1
    maloo said:

bogus
    I just checked the patent number listed on their label and it's for some 'pressure chamber'

no offense
    im sorry to inform you that you typed the patent number in wrong the patent number is actually 6,277,417 and it is for the patent for a method for inhibiting the activity of the enzyme 5.alpha.-reductase in a human subject is provided which comprises administering to the subject a composition comprising the carotenoid astaxanthin. Administration of the composition to inhibit the enzyme is useful to prevent and treat benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH) and prostate cancer in human males. look it up correctly before you challenge this product my husband has been taking it for 2 weeks now and it has astounded me with how well it has worked. it has helped his prostate issues and overall energy and sexual appetite levels please dont misinform people on this product it is wonderful.
  • Kongo
    Kongo Member Posts: 1,166 Member
    timsgrl said:

no offense
    im sorry to inform you that you typed the patent number in wrong the patent number is actually 6,277,417 and it is for the patent for a method for inhibiting the activity of the enzyme 5.alpha.-reductase in a human subject is provided which comprises administering to the subject a composition comprising the carotenoid astaxanthin. Administration of the composition to inhibit the enzyme is useful to prevent and treat benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH) and prostate cancer in human males. look it up correctly before you challenge this product my husband has been taking it for 2 weeks now and it has astounded me with how well it has worked. it has helped his prostate issues and overall energy and sexual appetite levels please dont misinform people on this product it is wonderful.

Nonsense
    Sorry, timsgrl, and no offense to you either but this product has absolutely no evidence other than the claims of the manufacturer that it is useful to treat BPH and prostate cancer. It is a natural supplement, therefore it is not covered by FDA rules regarding false claims, but it essentially a method to boost testosterone in males. Boosting testosterone does nothing to reduce BPH. With regards to prostate cancer, increasing testosterone can be dangerous for men suffering from prostate cancer since it is testosterone that feeds prostate cancer.

Your testimony after two weeks may be something you're happy with but is hardly a scientific endorsement.

The internet is filled with many such scams. We have had these shysters in America for a couple of hundred years and this product is not any more effective in treating BPH and prostate cancer than some of the old time elixirs from the 19th century. If it raises your testoserone level there may well be certain short term benefits in terms of energy and sexual appetite but the long term impact could be a disaster.

Men who are suffering from prostate cancer or BPH should only take medicines and supplements prescribed or recommended by a qualified physician. Anyone considering this should discuss it in detail with their doctor and within the context of any other medications or supplements.

If it sounds too good to be true, it most likely is.

K