Need some hope on success of Gemzar/Carboplatin in control of bone mets.

kado4
kado4 Member Posts: 80
Hello family...We are now faced with chemo starting on Wed.Gemzar/Carbo.My dad has 1 8mm lesion on the S1.Right below the Lumbar 5th vertebre.The doctor actually indicated that it was probably there in 6/11.The PET/CT just really couldn't be sure at that time.Something was suspicious at this time.

I need now to hear if this combo is tolerated by someone outthere,if it's known to work. The doctor did say, that this cancer appears to be a slow grower, as to say if indeed it was there in 6/11, and therre s only 1 lesion, that is indicative that it was responive to the Carbo/Taxol combination.I guess they always use a platinum base chemo in combo with something else.....any insite on that?

Honestly, I think of all of you I have gotten to know through these months,practically daily...I can only wish and pray that your days are filled with some happiness,joys,and positive energy....worry can be consuming.

This is a way to express myself that no one else in my life can really understand..I know you do.....Let me know what you think.....Could he live another year,maybe in comfort.

Stay strong....Cathy

Comments

• dennycee
    dennycee Member Posts: 857 Member
    There are many survivors on
    There are many survivors on the inspire.com website, many of whom may have used that combo. You may get a response there quicker. Also, the onco docs who monitor the website at cancergrace.org can field your question about platinum chemo usage.
  • joeline12
    joeline12 Member Posts: 53
    dennycee said:

There are many survivors on the inspire.com website, many of whom may have used that combo. You may get a response there quicker. Also, the onco docs who monitor the website at cancergrace.org can field your question about platinum chemo usage.

share some Hope
    I would like to share a small good news with all. my dad just got his CT scan result this morning and its show stable. He is dx with met lung cancer that had spread to liver in Feb 2010. only able to do chemo and with 6 round of Carboplatin and Gemzar. we are not out of the tunnal yet but stable sounded good for patient with Met cancer. so there still some tiny bits of hope. stay postive!
  • kado4
    joeline12 said:

share some Hope
    I would like to share a small good news with all. my dad just got his CT scan result this morning and its show stable. He is dx with met lung cancer that had spread to liver in Feb 2010. only able to do chemo and with 6 round of Carboplatin and Gemzar. we are not out of the tunnal yet but stable sounded good for patient with Met cancer. so there still some tiny bits of hope. stay postive!

what wonderful news,joeline
    This is just the kind of news I love to hear!!!This is not"small" news.This is very important.this combination of chemo must be very effective for metastatic cancer,I also hope is good for may dad with bone met.Thank you for sharing,,keep in touch.My dad had his first treatment of Gembar/Carbo today.Went well.I pray for good results.

Stay Strong,Cathy.
  • kado4
    dennycee said:

Thanks, dennycee
    I just recently signed up on Inspire.I do like it.Im sureI"ll have more questions about the chemo usage.Will keep in touch

Take Care,Cathy
  • joeline12
    joeline12 Member Posts: 53
    kado4 said:

what wonderful news,joeline
    This is just the kind of news I love to hear!!!This is not"small" news.This is very important.this combination of chemo must be very effective for metastatic cancer,I also hope is good for may dad with bone met.Thank you for sharing,,keep in touch.My dad had his first treatment of Gembar/Carbo today.Went well.I pray for good results.

Stay Strong,Cathy.

Thanks
    Yes cathy let pray together

By the way I would also like to tell you it very common to delay chemotherapy under this cocktail. My dad miss about 3 to 4 time due to low blood count so don get worry that it's will affect the treatment. I chk around in this forum n many people told me chemotherapy is accumulative missing some it's alright!!

Joeline