new spot

ellenm4
ellenm4 Member Posts: 124
Just had another CT scan getting ready for removal of left upper lobe. The scan showed a new 9mm spot next to the operative site (wedge resection) I had on Dec 7. It also showed 2 lymph nodes that have slightly inlarged now. My onc is not too concerned about watching this spot due to the fact it will soon be removed with the entire lobe. Once everything comes back we will decide if chemo is still in the picture or not. If not then I will go back a few weeks after surgery to have the port removed. But I will also be going for nerve blocks since I am still have great pain in 2 spots after the first surgery. Will keep you all updated later.

Comments

• z
    z Member Posts: 1,414 Member
    Ellen
    I wish you a speedy recovery from where you'll have your lobe removed. Please let us know how your doing when you feel up to it. I had the vats to remove my lower right lobe and was in the hospital for 3 days and recovered at home the rest of the way. I hope you will go home quick. Lori
  • ellenm4
    ellenm4 Member Posts: 124
    z said:

Ellen
    I wish you a speedy recovery from where you'll have your lobe removed. Please let us know how your doing when you feel up to it. I had the vats to remove my lower right lobe and was in the hospital for 3 days and recovered at home the rest of the way. I hope you will go home quick. Lori

The surgeon said he will not
    The surgeon said he will not be able to do it VATS. Sure wished he could, but since I am very small frame and he wants it in one piece, he will have to make the long cut! The last VATS I had was in ICU for 3 days and then home 2 days later. He thinks I should be in the hospital about 7 days thhis time. Would rather be home, but it is what it is! Will keep yu informed!
  • kado4
    kado4 Member Posts: 80
    ellenm4 said:

The surgeon said he will not be able to do it VATS. Sure wished he could, but since I am very small frame and he wants it in one piece, he will have to make the long cut! The last VATS I had was in ICU for 3 days and then home 2 days later. He thinks I should be in the hospital about 7 days thhis time. Would rather be home, but it is what it is! Will keep yu informed!

Hi Ellen....
    I will pray that your surgery goes well.Keep positive and stay strong!!

Let us know how you're doing when you get a chance. Remember to eat well...protein for good healing!!

Sincerely, Cathy
  • z
    z Member Posts: 1,414 Member
    ellenm4 said:

ellen
    Well he will be able to have complete control then. I know before I had my vats my dr told me the possibility that he would have to do the standard lung surgery. My lower right lobe was taken, I don't know if that makes it easier or not. It sounds like you are in very good hands. Lori
  • beachgirl71
    beachgirl71 Member Posts: 5
    Best wishes and prayers
    Best wishes and prayers coming your way!