Guided imagery

Texas_wedge
Texas_wedge Member Posts: 2,798
Jerry White has asked me to draw attention to the fact that he has now joined us. He has put up a page here simply as gwhite. To say he is a soldier in this cause would be unjust - a 5-star general would seem a better description. I've lately discovered that, in the grand tradition of creative scientists, he is a man of admirably wide literary scholarship but his scientific pragmatism alone will commend him to the engineers, physios, etc in our company. I, for one, will be more circumspect now in what I write, with such a luminary in the field (and he's even older than iceman!) looking over our shoulders!

At the moment, with the help of his grandson, he's endeavouring to find his way around the ACS website, hampered a bit by a machine as elderly (in computer years) as some of us. So, meanwhile, I hope he'll forgive me for quoting a little of what he wrote to me earlier this afternoon:

"I love my work with cancer patients, wherever they may be and find that it has given me a sense of fulfillment that I never found in the cold, analytical world of science and engineering.

As Brutus, said to Cassius the night before Phillipi; "There is a tide in the affairs of men, taken at the flood lead on to fortune; omitted and all our lives are bound ins shallows and in miseries. On such a full sea are we now afloat and we must take the current when it serves or lose our ventures".

We have Jon Neary to thank for the inestimable favour he did us by introducing us to Jerry's work and I take this opportunity to thank Jon again for doing so.

Comments