A warm Hello!

Hi to those of you who know me and to those who don't. Just wanted to pop in and check on folks and also give a brief update on my status.
Went for another 6 month check up at Mayo yesterday. After the CT scan in the morning I saw my hematologist in the afternoon and was found to have remained in complete remission! I was so relieved and am very thankful to have been so lucky. I will return in another 6 months two more times and then, God willing, we will move to a year. My hematologist did say, for those of you trying to decide or wondering,that in my case the Zevalin was the absolute right thing to do. It will be 2 years in April and I guess this is one of the times when they start looking for it to return. Again I feel blessed and want to send those blessings on to all of you. Mary

Comments

• allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    Complete remission
    Hi Mary,
    Thats wonderful news,and what a great way to start the new year! Please keep in contact and thanks so much for sharing. It gives hope to all of us that are coming up on scans and check ups to see where our cancer status is at. Take care friend and embrace the new year and great news! Much love to you...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)
  • merrywinner
    merrywinner Member Posts: 626 Member
    allmost60 said:

Complete remission
    Hi Mary,
    Thats wonderful news,and what a great way to start the new year! Please keep in contact and thanks so much for sharing. It gives hope to all of us that are coming up on scans and check ups to see where our cancer status is at. Take care friend and embrace the new year and great news! Much love to you...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)

Thank You Sue!
    It is so good to hear from you and I hope all is well for you. Yes those scans and appointments are a wee bit nerve wracking. Much love to you too....been too long and too easy to fall out of the loop. Mary(FNHL-1-4A-8/08)
  • onlytoday
    onlytoday Member Posts: 609 Member

Thank You Sue!
    It is so good to hear from you and I hope all is well for you. Yes those scans and appointments are a wee bit nerve wracking. Much love to you too....been too long and too easy to fall out of the loop. Mary(FNHL-1-4A-8/08)

Great to hear from you!
    Mary,

Really nice to hear from you and to hear the great news! Sending prayers your way for continued remission!! Yay!!!!

Love ya,
    Donna
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    Merry who ???????
    Hmmmm, lets see now!!!!...I think I remember you. Oh yea thats right you used to post on this board. I remember you now.LOL. Just messin' with you Mary. I really think about you a lot. I am glad you are doing so well. I hope we can all follow that example. I went into remission Oct.2010 and still holding. I go back in April for another scan. Been hearing about a lot of new drugs they are trying out. Most sound really promising. You hang in there and keep us updated when you can. John
  • merrywinner
    onlytoday said:

Great to hear from you!
    Mary,

Really nice to hear from you and to hear the great news! Sending prayers your way for continued remission!! Yay!!!!

Love ya,
    Donna

Hello
    Hi Donna,
    I've been trying to get through the posts to catch up on everyone and it looks like you've been through a lot. I was so relieved to read that it all turned out OK. Keep hanging in there and prayers to you too. Mary
  • merrywinner
    COBRA666 said:

Merry who ???????
    Hmmmm, lets see now!!!!...I think I remember you. Oh yea thats right you used to post on this board. I remember you now.LOL. Just messin' with you Mary. I really think about you a lot. I am glad you are doing so well. I hope we can all follow that example. I went into remission Oct.2010 and still holding. I go back in April for another scan. Been hearing about a lot of new drugs they are trying out. Most sound really promising. You hang in there and keep us updated when you can. John

Laughing!
    Hi John,
    So very glad to hear from you. I really have missed everyone and am glad to see for the most part everyone is managing. Yes I do believe they continue to make strides in the treatment of this disease. I know my MD said if it were to return we have plenty of options. I feel so lucky because mine was so widespread and they are still seeing nothing. I want that to last for a long long time. He kind of broke it down like this: 33% will have a recurrence in 2-3 years,33% in 3-5 and the final 33% in 10+. He said it's not a hard fast rule but is kind of the pattern they see for what it's worth. Whew those scans make me nervous. I would tell you not to worry but that would be silly and impossible. So good luck,I'll be around and watching for news. How have you been feeling? Mary
  • COBRA666

Laughing!
    Hi John,
    So very glad to hear from you. I really have missed everyone and am glad to see for the most part everyone is managing. Yes I do believe they continue to make strides in the treatment of this disease. I know my MD said if it were to return we have plenty of options. I feel so lucky because mine was so widespread and they are still seeing nothing. I want that to last for a long long time. He kind of broke it down like this: 33% will have a recurrence in 2-3 years,33% in 3-5 and the final 33% in 10+. He said it's not a hard fast rule but is kind of the pattern they see for what it's worth. Whew those scans make me nervous. I would tell you not to worry but that would be silly and impossible. So good luck,I'll be around and watching for news. How have you been feeling? Mary

Feeling pretty good.
    Mary,
    For the most part I feel pretty good. Still not 100% though. I find after my R treatments I feel more dragged out. In about a month to 6 weeks later I am back to maybe 90%. I know the R is not a chemo,but it is still a foreign thing being pumped in my body. It has to have some sort of side effect. I guess thats it for me...just wears me down a little. For some reason that last sentence did not sound just right,But you know what I mean. Anyway I hope you are doing fine and continue to do so. You are so right about waiting for any results. Just can't help it when our minds start to drift into the what if zone. Take care. John
  • po18guy
    po18guy Member Posts: 1,461 Member
    New-timer here
    Good to see your updated post! Even better to hear of the good CT result. I am relatively new around here, but I am delighted to be anywhere at this point. It is always good news to receive the "all clear" from the radiologists. May you continue as you are now.
  • po18guy
    po18guy Member Posts: 1,461 Member

• vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,036 Member
    awesome!
    Mary, so glad to hear that !!!!!! Keep the positive thoughts going! Vinny
  • miss maggie
    miss maggie Member Posts: 929
    Hello from me
    Dear Mary,

I agree with everyone. Great way to start the New Year. It is such a pleasure
    hearing from you. Especially hearing the good news.

Also, learning Zevalin was the right choice for you. I always learn so much on this
    site. Thank you all for the help and knowledge I have learned. If there is anything I
    can add, I always do so.

God Bless Mary-Love hearing from you again. love Maggie
  • anliperez915
    anliperez915 Member Posts: 770
    Hi Mary
    Hi Mary,
    I'm fairly new to the group, but just wanted to say that's wonderful news. It's always great to hear from people that are still in remission and are doing good! Take care of yourself and hope to hear the same news in years to come!

Sincerely,
    Liz
  • merrywinner
    COBRA666 said:

Feeling pretty good.
    Mary,
    For the most part I feel pretty good. Still not 100% though. I find after my R treatments I feel more dragged out. In about a month to 6 weeks later I am back to maybe 90%. I know the R is not a chemo,but it is still a foreign thing being pumped in my body. It has to have some sort of side effect. I guess thats it for me...just wears me down a little. For some reason that last sentence did not sound just right,But you know what I mean. Anyway I hope you are doing fine and continue to do so. You are so right about waiting for any results. Just can't help it when our minds start to drift into the what if zone. Take care. John

Of course......
    The Rituxan will drag you down some,can't be any other way. It's very busy in there,working hard and thereby forcing your body to do the same. There will be a small price tag for that but it is keeping you safe and there's your pay off! There will come a time when you have nothing and then you can see how it is then. To be honest my last treatment was 19 months ago and I can tell you that it has just been in the last couple of months that I can say I am back to myself or maybe even a little better....there I said it and now I am scared of the Karma!!! Keep hangin' in there. Mary
  • merrywinner
    po18guy said:

New-timer here
    Good to see your updated post! Even better to hear of the good CT result. I am relatively new around here, but I am delighted to be anywhere at this point. It is always good news to receive the "all clear" from the radiologists. May you continue as you are now.

Thank You!
    And welcome. I have been AWOL. Life has a way of catching back up with you after nearly 2 years of treatment. How are you doing in the whole scheme of things? I hope you will gain as much knowledge and support from this board as I did. Mary
  • merrywinner
    vinny59 said:

awesome!
    Mary, so glad to hear that !!!!!! Keep the positive thoughts going! Vinny

Hey Vinny
    I am so happy everyone is popping on. It's like coming home again. And thank you. I hope all is well with you. Mary
  • merrywinner

Hello from me
    Dear Mary,

I agree with everyone. Great way to start the New Year. It is such a pleasure
    hearing from you. Especially hearing the good news.

Also, learning Zevalin was the right choice for you. I always learn so much on this
    site. Thank you all for the help and knowledge I have learned. If there is anything I
    can add, I always do so.

God Bless Mary-Love hearing from you again. love Maggie

Hello Maggie.
    Great to hear from you too and thank you. And know that you always add so much and give so much support. I hope all is going well. Love, Mary
  • forme
    forme Member Posts: 1,161 Member
    Wonderful news
    Hi Mary

I had to pop in and say how wonderful your news is. I so enjoy hearing from "old" friends.
    I have been out of touch for a bit, so I have a lot of catching up to do. Yours was the first post I saw today.

Happy happy happy for you.

Lisha
  • merrywinner

Hi Mary
    Hi Mary,
    I'm fairly new to the group, but just wanted to say that's wonderful news. It's always great to hear from people that are still in remission and are doing good! Take care of yourself and hope to hear the same news in years to come!

Sincerely,
    Liz

Welcome!
    And thank you for your kind words. I am sorry I don't know where everyone is at in their journey but if I can help please ask. And all the best to you. Mary
  • merrywinner
    forme said:

Wonderful news
    Hi Mary

I had to pop in and say how wonderful your news is. I so enjoy hearing from "old" friends.
    I have been out of touch for a bit, so I have a lot of catching up to do. Yours was the first post I saw today.

Happy happy happy for you.

Lisha

Hi Lisha!
    Boy I came back at a great time. All the usual suspects are here. What a treat. Thank you so much. How are you? Mary
  • COBRA666

Hi Lisha!
    Boy I came back at a great time. All the usual suspects are here. What a treat. Thank you so much. How are you? Mary

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dang,Mary do you have magical powers or what. You bought just about the whole ole' gang back with your post. Feels GREAT don't it? John