6 month scan, small fluid density collection noted

BG
BG Member Posts: 85 Member
Hello everyone, I had my 6 month CT scan yesterday with and without contrast, results today.

I had a partial nephrectomy (3.9 x 2.5 cm, chromophobe grade 2) 6 months ago. The scan results indicate "small fluid density collection is noted with no residual enhancing mass, or evidence of metastatic disease."

My urologist requested an office visit in 6 months and another CT scan in 12 months. He said if I could have a CT scan in 6 months but did not recomend it. He was not concerned with the fluid. It was small, but I'm unsure of actual size.

The fluid is in the area where they took the kidney wedge out.

So, did I get good news, or not? I think I got good news but the fluid worries me. Does anyone have any experience with this? If so please comment.

Thanks a bunch in advace!!

BG

Comments

• MikeK703
    MikeK703 Member Posts: 235
    No evidence of metastatic disease
    Not sure what the "fluid density" means, but your urologist's lack of concern about it, his wanting you to wait a year instead of 6 months, and the words "no evidence of metastatic disease" sure sound good to me.
    Regards,
    Mike
  • foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    MikeK703 said:

No evidence of metastatic disease
    Not sure what the "fluid density" means, but your urologist's lack of concern about it, his wanting you to wait a year instead of 6 months, and the words "no evidence of metastatic disease" sure sound good to me.
    Regards,
    Mike

NED
    Yeah, What Mike says.
  • BG
    BG Member Posts: 85 Member
    foxhd said:

NED
    Yeah, What Mike says.

paranoid
    guess i'm reading too much into the fluid thing!
  • Sm4pack
    Sm4pack Member Posts: 40
    Sounds good to me
    I'm no doctor, but from what you've posted I think I would consider that very good news. You'll need to figure out if you are comfortable with a CT in a year or if you would rather have one sooner. I know every doctor is different. There is nothing wrong with requesting a scan sooner if it makes you feel better in any way. Really glad to hear that your CT was clear. Congratulations!

Scott
  • jane99
    jane99 Member Posts: 15
    fluid density

Hi,

I think this is called a seroma. I also have one that developed since my surgery four months ago. I think what happens is that
    fluid collects in the space where the organ used to be. It eventually is absorbed into the body so it is nothing to worry about.

Jane
  • garym
    garym Member Posts: 1,647
    jane99 said:

fluid density

Hi,

I think this is called a seroma. I also have one that developed since my surgery four months ago. I think what happens is that
    fluid collects in the space where the organ used to be. It eventually is absorbed into the body so it is nothing to worry about.

Jane

NED...
    The main thing is NED so don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things would be my advice.