Why are Posts Suddenly Disappearing

Annabelle41415
Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
Twice now I've been replying to a post and after hitting submit it says it's no longer there and sure enough, it isn't. Is there a glitch in the system or something. Just wondering as I'm afraid to write anything at length in case it just gets lost in cyberspace. Anyone else having this problem?

Kim

Comments

• pscott1
    pscott1 Member Posts: 207 Member
    It's happened to me as well
    It's happened to me as well Kim; and lately, it kicks me completely out of the system and I have to log back on.

Pam
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Not Today....
    ...but has happened before.

Usually if I plan on getting long winded...I'll open a word document and write on it - and then copy and paste to the post.

It might work just as well even if the message is short - apparently there must be something happening today.

Good thing about word too - if it crashes, it auto-saves and you can recover the data.

-c
  • Annabelle41415
    Whew
    Thought they just didn't like me :)

Kin
  • ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
    I had this happen this
    I had this happen this evening, but be forewarned, I often delete my threads after they have gotten older.
  • tommycat
    tommycat Member Posts: 790 Member

Whew
    Thought they just didn't like me :)

Kin

How could anyone not like
    How could anyone not like YOU? btw, like the new haircut :)
  • son of hal
    son of hal Member Posts: 117
    Been there, no more
    This happened a few times to me before I caught on. Now all you have to do is highlight what you wrote, hit copy then hit "post comment". Then you wait to see if it posts. If it doesn't post just open a comment and paste it there. You can do that as many times as it takes. You don't have to paste it anywhere, it will just stay as your copy until you turn off your computer. But I lioke Craig's method also because you can benefit from spell checjk....;)
  • Annabelle41415
    tommycat said:

How could anyone not like
    How could anyone not like YOU? btw, like the new haircut :)

Thanks
    Thanks for the nice comment. Needed a new picture and hair cut. Figured I'd do both. My husband takes the picture and he does a great job :)

Kim
  • Kimo Sabe
    Kimo Sabe Member Posts: 64
    Huh
    Ditto. Thought I bothered 'em.
    Norm
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member

Been there, no more
    This happened a few times to me before I caught on. Now all you have to do is highlight what you wrote, hit copy then hit "post comment". Then you wait to see if it posts. If it doesn't post just open a comment and paste it there. You can do that as many times as it takes. You don't have to paste it anywhere, it will just stay as your copy until you turn off your computer. But I lioke Craig's method also because you can benefit from spell checjk....;)

Spel Chek
    The best way around that is don't use Internet Explorer...
    I like Google Chrome the best, then Firefox second.
    The spell check works great. I'll never understand why IE sucks so hard!
  • Annabelle41415
    Phil
    I'm using IE, but if you don't use it, are some of your posts disappearing too. Just seems weird that all of a sudden the whole post is completely gone. Just noticed that Ron50's post is gone and wonder if anyone else can see his post or if they have completely disappeared into cyber space.

Kim
  • ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member

Phil
    I'm using IE, but if you don't use it, are some of your posts disappearing too. Just seems weird that all of a sudden the whole post is completely gone. Just noticed that Ron50's post is gone and wonder if anyone else can see his post or if they have completely disappeared into cyber space.

Kim

Hmmm
    I feel erased. Can't see it anywhere,Ron.
  • Annabelle41415
    ron50 said:

Hmmm
    I feel erased. Can't see it anywhere,Ron.

Erased
    You're not erased just out there in cyber space and we need to get you back here :) Don't know what is going on. I'm wondering how many more posts are just being deleted.

Kim
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member

Erased
    You're not erased just out there in cyber space and we need to get you back here :) Don't know what is going on. I'm wondering how many more posts are just being deleted.

Kim

Now That I Think About It....
    ....someone new came on the other day and opened a new post and I had responded to it...the next day I don't remember seeing it - I thought maybe that person had pulled it themselves...but maybe not...

Don't know, Kim...

-c