You'll Like This Video

Sm4pack
Sm4pack Member Posts: 40
Hi guys-

Jerry Kill is the head coach of the University of Minnesota football team. He is an unbelievable guy--very genuine and caring. And....he's an RCC survivor. Here's a video you might find interesting and inspiring. He's be an survivor for 6+ years. Anyway, I am a HUGE Wisconsin Badger fan and have always disliked the Gophers. But, since they hired Jerry last year I have been rooting for him (except when they play the Badgers). This was months before I ever gave a second thought to RCC. Anyway, Jerry found out about my surgery from someone at General Mills (where I work). He immediately posted on my Caringbridge site. Just a small example of how a simple act of kindness can have a big impact.

Anyway, I hope you like the video below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0L1qgh-e4g

Comments

• garym
    garym Member Posts: 1,647
    Inspiring...
    Scott,

I just watched it, I knew he had some health issues mostly because of his on field collapse this season, but I had no idea he was one of us, very cool.

Thanks,

Gary
  • earnric
    earnric Member Posts: 34
    Very cool
    Thx for posting...
  • flatlander
    flatlander Member Posts: 46
    earnric said:

Very cool
    Thx for posting...

nicew
    Brought a tear to my eye. Thanks
  • Texas_wedge
    Texas_wedge Member Posts: 2,798

nicew
    Brought a tear to my eye. Thanks

Good video
    Flatlander, I hope it's mostly just your eyes weeping now. It seems you're continuing to be a special guy in more than one way! Hang in there and keep making progress.
  • MikeK703
    MikeK703 Member Posts: 235
    Acts of kindness
    Good video. It's worthy of note that complete strangers can have so much empathy while some friends and relatives try to avoid contact because of uneasy feelings about cancer.
  • garym
    garym Member Posts: 1,647
    MikeK703 said:

Acts of kindness
    Good video. It's worthy of note that complete strangers can have so much empathy while some friends and relatives try to avoid contact because of uneasy feelings about cancer.

Shoes on the other foot now...
    That elephant always seems to be in the room when with people that know you and its odd because I remember being in that room and feeling the same way not that long ago. Now I'm comfortable talking to others about their journey, one of the few good things I can say about cancer.
  • AMichael50
    AMichael50 Member Posts: 18
    Funny you mentioned that
    I was watching a Gophers football game on television this past fall when their Coach Kill collapsed on the side lines. Some TV commentator had mentioned that he (Coach Kill) was a kidney cancer survivor. I became a Minnesota fan all of a sudden...Well anyway go HUSKERS.....
    Mike
    RCC stage T3b grade 2 NED since Mar 2009.
  • DMike
    DMike Member Posts: 259
    Thanks
    Thank you for that Scott.
    --David