Stage 4, 3 years NED

Randy33
Randy33 Member Posts: 69 Member
I just got the results from my last CT scan and x-ray and they were both clear. I have now been NED for 3 years since I was diagnosed July 07 as Stage 4 CCR with met. in my liver. I have posted before with the program I have been following, but thought I should do it again for those new to the board. I am not saying that this is the answer but so far it has been working for me.
1. Exercise 3 hrs/day (walking, yoga, weightlifting,and running)
2.Mediterranian diet ( no red meat, lots of fruit, vegetables,whole grains, green tea
and tumeric)
3. Supplements(asprin, resveratrol,grape seed extract, fish oil, Co-Q-10, multi-vitamin
and Vit. D3)
4. Avoid stress
5. Visulize my anti-bodies attacking cancer cells
6. Prayer
7. Wear a lucky Livestrong bracelet given to me by a cancer survivor.
As you can see I try to cover all the bases. My only complaint is that I still have some numbness in my feet from the Chemo ( 10 rounds Folfox/Avastin). Anyway it seems like there has been a lot of bad news posted lately so I thought a little good news would be nice. Best wishes to all of you.
Randy

Comments

• thingy45
    thingy45 Member Posts: 632 Member
    Thanks Randy,
    I am doing

Thanks Randy,
    I am doing most of the program you are following. A positief outlook also helps and meditation. Lots of juicing. I do not know where to find a bracelet like you have.
    I am a relative newby. DX last year stage IIIB on April 2011. so far still NED.
    I wish you good health for 2012,
    hugs, Marjan
  • tina dasilva
    tina dasilva Member Posts: 641
    Awesome
    Awesome thanks Randy for posting I have a question when and how to you take tumeric again thank you
  • Randy33

Awesome
    Awesome thanks Randy for posting I have a question when and how to you take tumeric again thank you

I just buy tumeric at the
    I just buy tumeric at the grocery store then mix it with black pepper and garlic powder in equal proportions. I then sprinkle it on about everything- eggs, soup, pizza, spagetti,etc. I try to have some every day.
    Randy
  • toyfox
    toyfox Member Posts: 158 Member
    Thanks
    Thanks for the good news it's really needed here.
    My husband and I are pretty much following everything you have listed.
    The one exception would be not quite that much exercise.
    We go to the YMCA almost every day....my husband really enjoys the sauna.
    Wish you the best....Linda
  • LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    Nice! Congrats on being

Nice! Congrats on being NED, that's really great news! Thanks for sharing. :-)
  • relaxoutdoors08
    relaxoutdoors08 Member Posts: 521 Member
    Thank You for your Survivor Plan and Sharing
    Thank you for the information. I too am trying to stay NED after being told I am in the group most likely to have a recurrence. I use Tai Chi instead of Yoga but I continue to use visualization and meditation which I used during Folfox to control nausea. You are an inspiration.
    NB
  • smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member

Thank You for your Survivor Plan and Sharing
    Thank you for the information. I too am trying to stay NED after being told I am in the group most likely to have a recurrence. I use Tai Chi instead of Yoga but I continue to use visualization and meditation which I used during Folfox to control nausea. You are an inspiration.
    NB

Thanks for posting...we need
    Thanks for posting...we need this type of re-inforcement :)
  • janie1
    janie1 Member Posts: 753 Member
    smokeyjoe said:

Thanks for posting...we need
    Thanks for posting...we need this type of re-inforcement :)

Thank you Randy33!!!!

Thank you Randy33!!!!
  • jasminsaba
    jasminsaba Member Posts: 157 Member
    Thank you ...
    for your post ... there has been a lot of sad news on this and other forums I visit lately so it's nice to hear your uplifting story.
  • cynthiapi40
    cynthiapi40 Member Posts: 36
    Hi Randy
    Thanks for your post. My husband was dx with stage 4. I thought at one time, it was never possible to be NED with stage 4. But thanks to this network of great people I know it is possible.
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    thingy45 said:

Thanks Randy,
    I am doing

Thanks Randy,
    I am doing most of the program you are following. A positief outlook also helps and meditation. Lots of juicing. I do not know where to find a bracelet like you have.
    I am a relative newby. DX last year stage IIIB on April 2011. so far still NED.
    I wish you good health for 2012,
    hugs, Marjan

Marjan
    Try this web site

http://www.livestrong.org/Shop
  • lightchaser777
    lightchaser777 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Randy
    I was wondering if you began the vitamin supplement regiment while you were on chemo or after? If you were taking it during chemo, what did the onc say about the onc say about interactions with the chemo drugs?

I admire you. Seems like I try to get myself up and running with exercise and nutrtion thing but get knocked down again from the side effects of the drugs. Right now, eating is a challenge..although, to look at me, I am far from malnourished!
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Great!
    I don't know if it would be the magic solution for everyone, but it sure seems to be working for you. Awesome!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    I too am a stage IV survivor
    I too am a stage IV survivor who is NED for the 3rd. time. Congradulations on the good news. You do alot of the same things I do. Keep up the good work.

Jeff
  • Randy33

Hi Randy
    I was wondering if you began the vitamin supplement regiment while you were on chemo or after? If you were taking it during chemo, what did the onc say about the onc say about interactions with the chemo drugs?

I admire you. Seems like I try to get myself up and running with exercise and nutrtion thing but get knocked down again from the side effects of the drugs. Right now, eating is a challenge..although, to look at me, I am far from malnourished!

The only supplement I took
    The only supplement I took during chemo was the multi-vitamin. I didn't find out about all the other supplements until I was NED and searching for things to do to prevent recurrance. I don't think my doctor would let me take anything but a multi-vitamin when I was on chemo. He did encourage me to exercise as much as possible and eat a balance diet. In the last few weeks of chemo all I could do was walk an hour in the morning and do some yoga. By 3 pm I was dead tired.As far as eating goes I think my doctor had me on steroids to keep up my appetite.Good luck in your fight.
    Randy
  • Randy33

I too am a stage IV survivor
    I too am a stage IV survivor who is NED for the 3rd. time. Congradulations on the good news. You do alot of the same things I do. Keep up the good work.

Jeff

Jeff,
    Congrats on being

Jeff,

Congrats on being NED!. I have a question. How long did you go between recurrances?
    The one thing I can't seem to get any info on is when recurrances happen. Like what percentage of recurrances happen within 1 year, 2 years, 3 years. etc. after being NED.
    I hope the 3d time being NED is lucky for you.
    Randy
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    Randy33 said:

Jeff,
    Congrats on being

Jeff,

Congrats on being NED!. I have a question. How long did you go between recurrances?
    The one thing I can't seem to get any info on is when recurrances happen. Like what percentage of recurrances happen within 1 year, 2 years, 3 years. etc. after being NED.
    I hope the 3d time being NED is lucky for you.
    Randy

I was basically on the same
    I was basically on the same plan as you all through chemo and for about 2 years. Then I stopped the supplements about six months ago, gained 10 pounds and here I am with my CEA up again. I am going to go back and do my supplements and walk and see if I can get it back down again. Thanks for sharing.
  • thingy45
    thingy45 Member Posts: 632 Member

Marjan
    Try this web site

http://www.livestrong.org/Shop

GOT ONE
    Awesome, thanks, just as I said I cannot find it a booth appeared in my mall and now I am wearing one. Works great for my Arthritus as well.
    Hugs, Marjan
  • druidshadow
    druidshadow Member Posts: 85
    Nana b said:

I was basically on the same
    I was basically on the same plan as you all through chemo and for about 2 years. Then I stopped the supplements about six months ago, gained 10 pounds and here I am with my CEA up again. I am going to go back and do my supplements and walk and see if I can get it back down again. Thanks for sharing.

one question
    i am new to all this what does NED mean?
  • LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member

one question
    i am new to all this what does NED mean?

"No Evidence of Disease" -

Hi,

It means: "No Evidence of Disease" - Welcome to the Board, sorry you have to be here. Take care, Cyn