Here We Go

Sm4pack
Sm4pack Member Posts: 40
Just wanted to thank everyone for your amazing support over the last few weeks. I feel like I've known you for a long time. Heading out to the hospital filled with anxiety and hope. I look forward to giving you an update in a few days.

Be well and God Bless each of you,

Scott

Comments

• garym
    garym Member Posts: 1,647
    My prediction...
    Scott,

I predict you'll be watching the Packers this weekend while sipping a cold one. Of course it will be from the comfort of your living room, sitting in a recliner, and the cold one will be no stronger than ice water, but it will be the best game you have ever witnessed regardless of the outcome. You may be a fan for another 50 years or so, but this game you will remember like none before or after.

Talk to you soon,

Gary
  • Your going to do fine...
    Scott,

I will be thinking and praying for you today. I'm confident you will soon be in our survivors club very soon. Follow you doctors directions and take it easy for a while. You will back to your normal routine before you know it.

Doug
  • keephopealive11
    keephopealive11 Member Posts: 21
    Thinking of you
    As a father of two and a patient waiting for the surgery, I am thinking of you. My operation date is Jan 24. Waiting is really hard...
  • foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member

Thinking of you
    As a father of two and a patient waiting for the surgery, I am thinking of you. My operation date is Jan 24. Waiting is really hard...

scott
    Relax, put your feet up, and just think of it as a quick weight loss program. Good luck!
  • icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member

Thinking of you

Initiation
    What more can I say. Today is the big day. You are going to wake up sore as can be. The good thing is that if they get the little buggar out for the most part with a small tumor like yours, you are cured. You will not be jumping up and down for the Packers Sunday. Maybe just a few moans. In a few months you are going to wonder why you were so worried. Anyway, Best
    wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

Icemantoo
  • DMike
    DMike Member Posts: 259
    Good Luck
    Scott,
    Good luck today. We look forward to your update in a few days.
    --David
  • cww71964
    cww71964 Member Posts: 97
    Good luck and my prayers are with you
    Scott,

I will be in your shoes next Tuesday. My thoughts and prayers are with you today. I am sure that even though you will wake up sore, the relief that it is out and the surgery is over will make it better. Hope to see a post from you in the next few days.

Wayne
  • Olsera
    Olsera Member Posts: 38
    Scott & Wayne
    Wishing you both a smooth surgery & a speedy recovery it will be a relief to have the waiting game over.
  • rae_rae
    rae_rae Member Posts: 300 Member
    Olsera said:

Scott & Wayne
    Wishing you both a smooth surgery & a speedy recovery it will be a relief to have the waiting game over.

Scott,
    Prayers for you and your family today for all things to go well and a speedy recovery.

Rae
  • jm3114
    jm3114 Member Posts: 8
    Good Luck
    I am new to network.I was diagnosed with a 3.5cm tumor on my Right Kidney and am scheduled for a partial Laprascopic Nephrectomy on 1/24.I wish you the besty and I am sure you will get through it with flying colors.My only hope is that you don't jump up too much on Sunday when you are home watching the Packer game.(I am a Giant Fan)
  • garym
    garym Member Posts: 1,647
    jm3114 said:

Good Luck
    I am new to network.I was diagnosed with a 3.5cm tumor on my Right Kidney and am scheduled for a partial Laprascopic Nephrectomy on 1/24.I wish you the besty and I am sure you will get through it with flying colors.My only hope is that you don't jump up too much on Sunday when you are home watching the Packer game.(I am a Giant Fan)

Welcome to the club...
    jm3114,

Welcome aboard, sorry to hear your news, but there is a solid group of knowledgeable and supportive people here that will help if you need it. If you have spent any time here following the various threads then many of your questions may have already been answered, if not then I encourage you to do some reading here and research other sites like the Kidney Cancer Association. You should also feel free to post here as often as you like even if it is only to vent to an understanding ear. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Good luck and Godspeed,

Gary
  • Katielynn
    Katielynn Member Posts: 61
    Best Of luck
    Hi Scott,
    Prayers going your way, and looking forward to an update in a few days. The support here is a gift from God. I don't know how I'd have survived the last 8 months. Everyone here is willing to help with any question you may have. I'm 7 months out of a left nephrectomy, and still come here to catch up, and get some questions answered. We're a tight-knit little group always here for your support. Best of luck to you...God bless......Katie
  • jm3114
    garym said:

Welcome to the club...
    jm3114,

Welcome aboard, sorry to hear your news, but there is a solid group of knowledgeable and supportive people here that will help if you need it. If you have spent any time here following the various threads then many of your questions may have already been answered, if not then I encourage you to do some reading here and research other sites like the Kidney Cancer Association. You should also feel free to post here as often as you like even if it is only to vent to an understanding ear. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Good luck and Godspeed,

Gary

Thanks
    Thanks Gary,

I really appreciate your words of encouragement.It really is a great help reading the comments from everyone.I am really looking forward to my surgery.I want to get it done and move on.After reading a lot of the threads I know that is possible.

Thanks Again

John
  • jm3114
    garym said:

Welcome to the club...
    jm3114,

Good luck and Godspeed,

Gary

Thanks
    Thanks Gary,

I really appreciate your words of encouragement.It really is a great help reading the comments from everyone.I am really looking forward to my surgery.I want to get it done and move on.After reading a lot of the threads I know that is possible.

Thanks Again

John
  • jm3114
    garym said:

Welcome to the club...
    jm3114,

Good luck and Godspeed,

Gary

Thanks
    Thanks Gary,

Thanks Again

John
  • Vagusto
    Vagusto Member Posts: 86
    Twins
    Scott
    Love the Twins gear...being a Twin Cities girl myself!!! I was driving my car when
    my doc office called me. Initially I had to get a grip on myself as I was picking up my
    puppy from the groomer. It was almost like I went into an instant fog.
    I will be thinking about you, and wishing you a speedy recovery.
    Take Care
    Valerie